Sign in to follow this  
Guest kittie

Are there any simmer's wife countermeasures?

Guest Binkles

That's the approach I use.Honey since we're walking pass EB shall we go and have a nosey, we've got no money so there is no risk...Enter EB GamesExcuse me Mr Salesman what date does Sims 2 latest addition get released?Oh the 26th October, what about FSX?Again the 26th October?Wow, honey we go WowPos live (Woolworths new till system for those not in the know (Woolworths is a food supermarket in Aussie) on the 25th, lets buy some games on the day after to celebrate.Done deal, pre order both :)God help me when my daughter is old enough to want her own computer, it will get a bit more expensive then :)

I am always buying simstuff cash, or with my own "secret" creditcard. Remember, there is alot of truth in the saying "cash IS King". ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..:-hmmm...nah.. Still happy without it!! :-hahMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDMy work:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

"Married Math"Luckily this time my Math was the other way around. It just so happened that on 10/3 my wife went to the clinique counter at Dillards and dropped $95 on lip stick and what ever else. When she called and said honey I have something to tell you... I told her about my purchase and laughed that I didn't even get a free gift with it LOL. Not another word was said about either :)

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest BOPrey

Hmmm, my wife never ask. Anyway, what is this thing that fly sim people with their wives? As the one who brings food on the dinner table, pays for all the vacations, most of what the wife wears, kids education, and dinners in fancy restaurants, shouldn't we deserve more than a copy of $75 software? I say we deserve top of the line hardware, and that includes but not limited to the fastest computers and video cards, hugh hi res monitors, paddles, throttle quadrants, yokes, and sticks. So I just buy what I want.

Easy, install FSX then hide the box. Rename the shortcut back to FS9. Is she really going to notice the difference? "Honey, those ground textures look bigger, did you buy a new sim?" My wife thinks I'm still running FS 5.1 (just kidding)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest cmhodge

On a related note, how do you convince the better half that a new $250 video card and another stick of RAM will help her check her email and surf the web faster? :-) :-)FS was no problem-- she has her own hobby (rubber stamps) that takes a much bigger chunk out of the household budget.

LOL! I jsut warned my wife that there's going to be a 78 dollar purchase (rough with tax) in the near future. I told her "It's Flightsim, I always buy the new version" HEHEHE

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest DanWalloch

Get your own credit card, have it mailed to you at work and get online paperless statements. Or the easy way..PAY CASH!

Guest MasterBlaster

That's easy. Drive around to some flight schools and aircraft dealers and pick up some brochures and price lists. Spread them out on the kitchen counter and be reading them when she gets home.Leave them there for a couple of days. Then tell her you purchased the new Flight Simulator and that should keep you happy for a while. She'll be so happy you might get all kinds of nice things from her.

Guest lamont

>Hmmm, my wife never ask. Anyway, what is this thing that fly>sim people with their wives? As the one who brings food on the>dinner table, pays for all the vacations, most of what the>wife wears, kids education, and dinners in fancy restaurants,>shouldn't we deserve more than a copy of $75 software? I say>we deserve top of the line hardware, and that includes but not>limited to the fastest computers and video cards, hugh hi res>monitors, paddles, throttle quadrants, yokes, and sticks. So I>just buy what I want.You're not really married, are you??? :+

OK, this issue deserves to be taken seriously! Many marriages fail because of arguments about money/different spending priorities. When I was just 23, I went to my local bank for a car loan. The manager sat me down and said, "If you want to stop disputes about money and preserve your personal freedom, set up THREE bank accounts. One is hers. One is yours. One is joint. Every pay, money goes into the joint acount to pay the bills, based on a pre-calculated budget. This budget covers everything you need to spend together, including saving for the new house or the new car. The small amount left over goes into your two personal accounts. This money is yours, to be spent as you want. No arguments, no recriminations."So this is what we did. And it works. I don't shed tears when she buys another pair of shoes or a ridiculous dress she'll never wear. She has to bite her tongue when I buy flight sim software that my old PC can't run. Because what either of us spends from our own accounts is our own business.Some people change your life. That bank manager did and I'll always be grateful to him. That system has worked for years. I'm now 52.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I ordered my FS Deluxe from Amazon, so she'll think it's a book and compliment me for being intellectual and reading.:-lol Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

>Seeing as that I just blew $75 on FSX Deluxe, the thought has>occured to me that my wife may likely kill me when she gets>home from work.>Hmmm, what to do...what to do???>>Do what I did one night when I wanted to fly without "turbulance".True story - I got a beer, opened it, guzzled a good portion in front of her, then got on my hands and knees, crawled across the floor while looking at her and making "Mmmmmmm... woman!" sounds, then got to her, proped one hand on one of here knees, the beer on the other, and said, "Baby, I want to do things to you that momma never told ya about."Her response - "Get the #### away from me you idiot!" Which in English means do anything you want as long as I'm not involved. That means fly!So, to wrap it all up; if she says yes, you win. If she says no, you win.

Guest SoarPics

My wife has added a new twist to the Married Math. It's the HoneyDo List. The list suddenly appeared on the frig this morning. Between that and not being able to get the sim installed (drops the installation with a message that the installer was interrupted and that nothing has changed on my system) I hope to get to fly... soon.Life's full of challenges. :-) Greg