Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

For Atlanta Folks.... (and possibly others)...

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Swung by the local WalMart on my way home on a hunch.... Sure enough 4 copies of FSX sitting on the shelf... all Standard Edition. I asked the lady at the counter if they had any of the Deluxe edition... "Nope, if it's not on the shelf we don't have it, or we're not allowed to sell it yet..." Hmmm.. ok. didn't think think they were supposed to sell the 4 they had on the shelf yet... Since I'm only interested in Deluxe I passed on it...After hitting the Atlanta Bike Night at the Vortex in Little 5 Points, I decided "what the heck" and went and searched out a couple more Walmart stores (any excuse to take my baby out for a spin on a cool clear night!) I hit the one in Lilburn, another farther north on Lawrenceville Highway, and 2 others in Lawrenceville. (Amazining how many of them there are along the same stretch of road... about 8 miles apart from each other...)In EACH and EVERY one of them - 4 copies of Standard Edition... Most of the time they were down kinda tucked away under the rack behind something else (like maybe they aren't supposed to be displayed yet, but they wanted to get the stock out on the floor rather than in the back.) And not a single Deluxe version.So, anyone in Atlanta that is interested in Standard Edition, hit your local Walmart tonight or tomorrow.And for the love of god, if you find a store around here with Deluxe, PM me!!!--2002cbr600f4i

Yes, I did the same after work yesterday. Stopped by Highway 92 Walmart in Woodstock and they had them on the shelves. Saw about 10 Standards and 5 Deluxe. They now have one less Deluxe :)You can call them and they'll set one aside for you until you get there. The number is (770) 516-4719.DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Well, that just stinks. I just got home from work at 5:30 AM Pacific, and my partner called me from the local Wal-Mart, where he went after work, to tell me they had it on the shelf. Well, I dumped my freshly brewed coffee in the travel mug and high tailed it up. Sure enough, there were some standard editions on the shelf, but no deluxe.I found a stocker and showed it to him, asking if they had any of the Deluxe. Sure enough, he reached under a display and pulled one out. I giggled like a freakin' school girl. I had to take it up to the front, where I prepped my debit card as the cashier waved the package over the scanner. Rather than the quick "blip!" of a successfully scanned item, it gave the longer, lower tone that means "Sum'thin's wrong, y'all" (I'm from Georgia, afterall ;)) A customer service manager came over, fiddled with some keys and rescanned it. It did the same problem beep again, only the little screen said "Sale not allowed". I KNEW why, but my morbid curiosity made me ask. She made a phonecall to someone in the back and was told MS put a hold on it. So for anyone near the Wal-Mart in Spanaway, Washington State-- assuming they haven't already pulled them from the shelves-- if you see it, ask about it first. If you're able to buy it, please post here! Thanks!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Jon,Same thing happen to me in Knoxville TN. Wal Mart had both versions on the shelf. I went to pay and the horrible "Sale not Allowed". Had three folks there trying to sell it to me but the computer just wouldn't cooperate.Bummer,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

>Yes, I did the same after work yesterday. Stopped by Highway>92 Walmart in Woodstock and they had them on the shelves. Saw>about 10 Standards and 5 Deluxe. They now have one less>Deluxe :)>>You can call them and they'll set one aside for you until you>get there. The number is (770) 516-4719.>>Doug>>Dell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k>RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX>(Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 |>WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0cDAMMIT!!!!Saw your post as soon as I got to work. Immediately grabbed my helmet, hopped on the bike and hauled butt up there (don't ask... I think I broke every traffic law in GA!)... (Aside from the HORRIBLE construction traffic on 575) get to the store no problem. Go in... Find it there on the shelf... Grab it and the Official Strat Guide walk to the register... He goes to scan it --- "Sale Not Allowed".I guess you got it before they did a computer update last night.REALLY ANNOYING!Guess I'm just gonna have to wait...--2002cbr600f4i

Sorry buddy... we gave it a shot!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest nigel28

read my post!! All you had to do was throw a temper tantrum like I did and you couldve walked away with it!!FSX can make people do strangggeeeee things!!

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

>read my post!! All you had to do was throw a temper tantrum>like I did and you couldve walked away with it!!>>FSX can make people do strangggeeeee things!!Believe me, if it was some old #### like they usually have working the late night shift, I would have. But this was a early-20's guy working the counter and he was pretty on the ball so I didn't see the point in escallating.Sounds like there's a lot of us in and around ATL.. We should do a simulated "Fly In" once we all get FSX-Deluxe in hand. (Think Oshkosh). Maybe use KPDK as the home base for it or something like that (although I believe the Runways at Dobbins are longer and able to support the bigger jets.. I could be wrong though.)--2002cbr600f4i

Guest nigel28

yeah that sounds like a great idea!! I like KPDK. it gives a great view of atlanta and stone mountain. Although I wish they modeled the faces on the mountain. Looks kind of cheesy without them.