Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Monitor for GTX 2070 Super

Just ordered a GTX 2070 Super.  Next will be the monitor.  Wondering if I should go UHD or QHD.  Was looking at the Dell Alienware 1900R with G-sync.  Just worried about performance at 4k.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Steve G.

Steve Giblin

I am wondering same. Have the 2070RX non super. Asked a question here but only got one (but helpful) response. I followed up with my system specs which I should have included initially. Good luck and maybe we both will get some useful recommendations!

20 hours ago, StewCal said:

Just ordered a GTX 2070 Super.  Next will be the monitor.  Wondering if I should go UHD or QHD.  Was looking at the Dell Alienware 1900R with G-sync.  Just worried about performance at 4k.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Up to 32", I would go for a QHD monitor, especially if you opt for a 27" (or smaller). With that screen size, at normal viewing distances you won't see the individual pixels at QHD anyway so a 4k screen would be wasted. Any benefit you'd get from potentially not needing AA (the normal argument) would be more than offset by the performance penalty of running at 4k. If you intend to get a 40" screen, or larger, I would go for 4k and accept the performance drop. I have a 32" QHD monitor and I'm very satisfied with the image.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

According to this website the RTX 2070 SUPER is virtually the same as my 1080Ti. https://www.gpucheck.com/gpu-benchmark-graphics-card-comparison-chart

You don’t say what your CPU is but if it’s an i7 8th gen then I think you’ll be fine at UHD. My card only runs at 50% load so there’s plenty in reserve. UHD looks superb from 3ft on my 32” monitor.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather