Sign in to follow this  
Guest Revraz

How do I dull down the rudder settings?

Guest tpower

Please....if anyone might help? I have come here from another forum where they "don't answer questions." Well thanks mate....[and thanks for deleting my post]. Please, I would like to turn down the rudder settings in FS9. I have looked at the cfg. and have turned my Axis_05 down to 0.8. I don't know if that works or not. FWIW: I have a Saitek X45 and am trying to desensitise the rudder response beyond the options available in the FS9 setup menu (which is now "0"). My rudder is too extreme. Do I need a negative value? like Axis_05 = -7? Please can anyone help me? I am not a smarty pants. I just want some help here.....Thanks, anyone?Tosh

Guest allcott

Thats not the correct way, change the axis back immediately before you balls everything up. The .cfg file is not a file you want to wade in with wth some kind of `hit and hope` policy, it is vital to the loading and operation of the sim.Add this line to the Controls sectionSTICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0If that doesn't work, you'll need eithr the calibration software supplied by the stick manufacturer, or the payware version of FSUIPCwww.schiratti.com/DowsonAllcott

Guest cwright

You can easily adjust the sensitivity for individual aircraft. Look in the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft and you'll see something similar to this:(flight_tuning)cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0induced_drag_scalar = 1.0elevator_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_effectiveness = 1.0pitch_stability = 1.0roll_stability = 1.0yaw_stability = 1.0elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0You can reduce ruder_effectiveness to, say, 0.5 to start and then adjust after testing. This works for all the other control axes as well.Best regards, Chris

I use a Saitek X-45 also. It's been my opinion that rudder sensitivity is "squirrly" with the Saitek's throttle mounted rocker switch, as well as other twist grips. But I use an older set of Thrustmaster rudder pedals (vintage'99), where most default settings seem to work.L.Adamson

Guest Revraz

Inside of FS, go to Settings and then Assignments. Change the sensitivity there. Or install the Saitek software and set it up there and run a profile.>Please....>if anyone might help? I have come here from another forum>where they "don't answer questions." Well thanks mate....[and>thanks for deleting my post]. Please, I would like to turn>down the rudder settings in FS9. I have looked at the cfg.>and have turned my Axis_05 down to 0.8. I don't know if that>works or not. FWIW: I have a Saitek X45 and am trying to>desensitise the rudder response beyond the options available>in the FS9 setup menu (which is now "0"). My rudder is too>extreme. Do I need a negative value? like Axis_05 = -7? >Please can anyone help me? I am not a smarty pants. I just>want some help here.....>Thanks, anyone?>Tosh>>

Guest tpower

:-) Thanks everyone, and Allcott. Stick_Sensitivity_Mode=0 gives me what I think is an "analogous" response curve. That is: the aircraft does what I direct it to do. Sure, I have to work the stick & rudder, but I think everything is in direct proportion to my inputs, rather than filtered thru a curve. I think my 0-100% corresponds to the controls on the aircraft. Certainly gives me fine control, despite the effort. Doesn't feel like Fly-by-wire anymore. Fortunately, I have a virgin FS9 install for backup, so I didn't balls anything up. (But I could if I wanted to, hehe).Thanks man, something so simple.... should have asked two years ago...Cheers,Tosh