Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Considering 3 x BenQ PD3200U Setup

I'll be keeping these monitors for years (the BenQ PD3200Us).. probably 5 to 10.  For example the HD 42" TV I use now for, 7 years... and the small 22" L226WTQ-SF monitor, which I've had for over 10 years.... I guess what I'm saying is these things need to last.. quality and capability wise.... "it won't do 4k well at the moment and your PC can't drive it" are almost mute points, because in 5 years I'll probably be on PC3.. and next year I plan on upgrading this machine.. probably to a 3080TI based system... What I'm really after is, views on the panel.. I guess the main question is what will I be doing with them?

• Flight simulation; mostly P3D and usually airliners.
  • Office; Standard Applications.
  • Internet Browsing;
  • Watching Subscription Services;
  • Strategy Games; primarily something I do rather than first person shooters, although I do dabble in these from time to time.
  • "Programming" the different screens come in handy.
  • Retro Gaming; I plug in an Amiga 1200 (yes you heard me right, a computer from the 1980's) and play that.
  • RPis; I use RPis on the same screens, (one of the appeals of these monitors is their KVM)

I've watched many videos, I'm fairly convinced IPS is the way to go... 4k for future proofing... I am after opinions and views.. mainly if someone things I'm about to make some catastrophic error of judgement..  I'm reaching out here mainly because you're all like minded and there might be others that have similar setups.. 

Thanks in advance... 

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Craig, as an owner of a PD3200U I can confirm is an excellent monitor. But I have just the one display for P3Dv4. I dread to think what performance would be like if you had three for P3D. Frame rates would probably drop into the teens or lower.

There are 8m pixels in each display. Can you imagine the power required in a graphics card to move 24m pixels 30 times a second? I don’t think one exists.

By all means buy the PD3200U but stick to one for P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather