Sign in to follow this  

Really bad show - shutting down "What We Want"

As the title.

Avsim doesn't own the rights to be the arbiter of Microsoft's new Flight Simulator - due for release in 2020.

Microsoft - take note.

The Thread "What We want" was an on-going discussion, discourse and evolutionary process - by which MS read the info, we digested, modified and gave voice to the things that we really want to see in this exciting new sim.

Why would you shut this down Mod - what did anyone say that was "wrong"?

Edited by Guest

Just strikes me as odd to close threads about what the players and developers want from a sim that is still very much in development, and for which the devs, as of XO19 last week, were still imploring people to provide lots of feedback.

But whatever.

• Like 8

Just now, Scottoest said:

Just strikes me as odd to close threads about what the players and developers want from a sim that is still very much in development, and for which the devs, as of XO19 last week, were still imploring people to provide lots of feedback.

But whatever.

I agree but I will say 70 pages of feedback is plenty to consider implementation. Unfortunately, letting people roam that far with imagination sets unrealistic expectation.

As I've said in previous posts, I very much look forward to MS opening their own forums.

Being told that we're no longer allowed to discuss VR in this forum was bad enough.

I'll leave it at that.

• Like 8

All of the above my boys.

MS - Take Note;

Avsim ain't the last word; it's the first and it's a dictatorship - there's a load of us out here who love to Flight Sim. 

We love you for what you're doing. We really do - and we're hard core.

Other Forums are available...I've written to you under my username 'ganter' (via Insider and my MS ID) to explain why Avsim is such a bad choice and representative of perhaps only 30% of us hard core simmers...

Good bye chaps here - I wonder how long the Mods here will allow this post to stand...

Edited by Guest

100% agree.... Who are these moderators anyway?  

MS please open your forums ASAP.... I cant wait to leave AVSIM and post exclusively on the MS forums.

Congratulations moderator, Avsim is safe in your hands!

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

To echo above, MS, please open up your forums.

Many of us are exhausted with over moderation and sometimes flat out censorship of topics that are relevant and of interest too many.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

At this stage I suspect if it`s not in now then it`s not going to be in when released no re-write just testing if you want it next summer.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Agree that the shutdown is moderation overkill. 

I understand locking threads that have gotten abusive or that break the rules.

I don't understand locking threads where the community is acting like the community.

We come here to exchange ideas and wish lists.  Why draw an arbitrary line and say, "No, this one has gone too far"?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Whilst I completely concur with everyone's feelings on the premature locking of the thread, I'm not getting my hopes up about the MS forums.

We've seen forums hosted by developers take a much more heavy-handed approach with dissenting comments than a 3rd party site like Avsim. 

I'll be posting on the MS forums, but Avsim will hopefully retain the ability for us to critique more freely. We'll hopefully soon see how it all pans out.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Whilst I completely concur with everyone's feelings on the premature locking of the thread, I'm not getting my hopes up about the MS forums.

We've seen forums hosted by developers take a much more heavy-handed approach with dissenting comments than a 3rd party site like Avsim. 

I don't really mind that if there's a clear moderation strategy. "No talk of competing products" or whatever.

It's the arbitrary "I don't like talk about this subject therefore this thread is locked" that I dislike.

The X-Plane forum is well moderated yet pretty open to free comment, so it is possible.

• Like 4

Oh for Pete's sake gentlemen. The thread was 82 pages of some excellent discussions mixted amongst the chaff.

If "someone" hadn't jumped the shark and allowed us to start a NEW THREAD where you (mostly) nice folks could continue the discussion... :unsure:

Please feel free to carry on the topic here:

As for who the moderators are, we're easy enough to identify since we all have a big tag under our name(s) in the left column: EHgqG.png

All of us are volunteers and oddly enough actually do have our own lives to take care of from time to time...

Now, since this thread started out going downhill and nowhere fast, it is now being closed for further insults, er I mean "comments." Yeah that's what I meant. :tongue:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator