Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

“FORE!”

SDK UPDATE

The team is making good progress on the SDK development. While still in the early stages, the plan is to provide an initial version of the SDK to the 3rd party developer community before the end of the year. Our goal has been to involve 3rd parties early in the development process, and to give them the ability to influence our priorities and how we author the SDK. After the first wave of initial 3rd party developer visits onsite with the team, we’ve been incredibly excited by the optimism and feedback we’ve received thus far. These same tools will be provided to the community in effort to ensure the tools we use to create content, tools that undergo constant testing in our production environment, are shared with all our creators. Initially, the SDK will offer the ability to author planes, sceneries and custom missions. For those with a preference for using FSX tools, SimConnect will be supported. We will also support additional modern standards like HTML for UI and glTF for 3D models.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 3 IS HERE!

We are pleased to announce the third episode in our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Presented at our Global Preview Event, Episode 3 (AERODYNAMICS) features a detailed look at the engine that drives flight in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider area to watch Episode 3!

• EPISODE 4 – 11.27 RELEASE

We are currently planning to release Episode 4 next week.

DR UPDATE

December/January preview for the DR is now available in the Insider Area!

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Our preview for the Feedback Snapshot has been delayed a week in order to prevent overlap with the DR Update. Expect the rev 1 preview of the FS next week.

X02019

A heartfelt thank you to everyone that visited us at the X0 event. We had an incredible turnout and the team genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to sit down and play the latest demo with so many fellow flight simulator enthusiasts!

Next update – 11.27!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/november-21st-2019-development-update/

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Our goal has been to involve 3rd parties early in the development process, and to give them the ability to influence our priorities and how we author the SDK.

Told ya!

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

They are releasing an early version of the SDK before the end of the year, this is very good news. It means we can expect our favourite addons much earlier than previously thought.

The video was quite nice. Especially the part about how objects in the world affect air currents

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Super awesome work! Talk about high fidelity simulation. Finally some real proper ground friction. Great to see all the air currents interacting with land mass in that way. Probably going to feel rather different flying with these new aerodynamics and so many points of interaction on the aircraft itself. 

SDK work is great news. Hopefully thus dampens all the speculative posts in this regard. 

Can't wait for next week's cockpit video. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Our preview for the Feedback Snapshot has been delayed a week in order to prevent overlap with the DR Update. Expect the rev 1 preview of the FS next week.

What is this "feedback snapshot" ? anybody know, thanks

Edited by Joachim

Joachim (Joe)

It encouraging to see how engaged Asobo are with this community and how invested they are in bringing everyone along for the ride.  This is really shaping up to be what most of us hoped it would.  Very, very encouraged and super excited!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Super awesome work! Talk about high fidelity simulation. Finally some real proper ground friction.

Oddly the details with the ground friction got me super excited! I love how the smooth the slopes look as well. With the atmosphere changes it all means that any and every landing you do will be a little difference, it also means it'll be more exiciting to explore some of those areas off the beaten track as you know the friction model, updrafts etc will all add to the mix.

• Like 2

Is it just me or does the tire smoke go in the opposite direction to what it should? 😯

Fantastic video yet again. The CPU's math coprocessor will really be getting a work out.

Nice touch on the golf joke also. Looks like Avsim is their primary source of community feedback.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sticky said:

the legacy code part was interesting....

Yes it was but i hope that ASOBO remove this feature as the FSX Physics is over 10 years old and a complaint from developers and community alike in trying to get the plane to behave in a realistic manner without developing outside the sim. 

My concern is that developers will also get lazy and charge you for a port but use old physics and so you end up paying not to use any new features/physics in the new simulation but paying to use FSX. 

If its next gen then bite the bullet and provide one flight model i.e the improved one we see in the video😍

Backward compatible simulation has always made developers not develop native products. 

Blessings 

Duncan Odgers 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

SDK UPDATE

The team is making good progress on the SDK development. While still in the early stages, the plan is to provide an initial version of the SDK to the 3rd party developer community before the end of the year. Our goal has been to involve 3rd parties early in the development process, and to give them the ability to influence our priorities and how we author the SDK.

This is epic news. Very much looking forward to it.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Well as someone who has taken a wait and see attitude 😉 I must say based on this vid they now have my full attention! It is great to see that they are at the very least trying to get the nuts and bolts correct. The fact that there will be a separate legacy mode is very important. One huge question for me has been... how can they upgrade things very much and still claim that a lot of the old models from FSX etc. will still be compatible. Now we know and that is great news and a game changer in my mind. 

• Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/