Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

6 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

My concern is that developers will also get lazy and charge you for a port but use old physics and so you end up paying not to use any new features/physics in the new simulation but paying to use FSX. 

Duncan Odgers 

good point.  FS2020 would become a scenery package.

I bet PMDG will issue an update as soon as MSFS is released to prevent users from porting their aircrafts to the new sim using legacy file system and physics, just like they did when P3D was released.

Then they will make us pay the same price for the legacy version, and we'll have to buy a third time an even more expensive version with the new physics.

Courchevel

FS2020

76685559_10217543407311893_6601647325620

XP11 by Orbx

https://imgur.com/j6qiwNq

Edited by Lorenzog
  • Like 6

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

6 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

Yes it was but i hope that ASOBO remove this feature as the FSX Physics is over 10 years old and a complaint from developers and community alike in trying to get the plane to behave in a realistic manner without developing outside the sim. 

My concern is that developers will also get lazy and charge you for a port but use old physics and so you end up paying not to use any new features/physics in the new simulation but paying to use FSX. 

If its next gen then bite the bullet and provide one flight model i.e the improved one we see in the video😍

Backward compatible simulation has always made developers not develop native products. 

Blessings

Duncan Odgers 

I think developers are passionate about there creations and will want them to be realistic, however the legacy code allows players to switch if they prefer but it will also allow for porting existing planes over quicker which also is good.

I can see many new planes not supporting the legacy code flight model though unless it's simulated from the engine somehow, that bit I'm unclear about, I mean why would a developer also develop against the old flight model system?

3 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Wow... The MS2020 just blows ORBX out of the water.

It's not just the airport and the mesh, it's the whole package, look at the mountains and clouds, the difference is like night and day.

Edited by eaim
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Amazing!

Yes to be honest Orbx have done an amazing job as well as they always do, but the slope on FS2020 is a real AAA sloping slope 🙂.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sticky said:

good point.  FS2020 would become a scenery package.

i dont think so,

as if anyone would still play today Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix Circuit with todays graphics 😂

I only see people flying FSX physics who cant handle the new physics lol

Edited by Nedo68

6 minutes ago, cepact said:

dV5LFOF.png

This is the first time I'm really underwhelmed by MSFS, this cockpit is really not looking good. i know its WIP and all, but they claimed their planes were close to study level, and while I admit all other planes i've see so far in other trailer seem top notch, this 320 is far from it.

It looks nothing like the real thing. I've seen 10 years old freeware look better and more accurate than this. The fonts and colors are not accurate, the PFD and ND looks nothing like the real thing. The Engine display looks like the early 320's from the 80's when they used CRT screen, it sure as hell don't look like that  on EIS2 a320s.

I fly fslabs a320 almost exclusively these days, maybe I've been spoiled by its quality. I'll still get msfs on day one, but i'll  stick to GA aircraft while fslabs, PMDG and Qualitywings bring their 320 747 and 787 to MSFS to fly airliners in the new sim. Good thing they're releasing the SDK early.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Yes to be honest Orbx have done an amazing job as well as they always do, but the slope on FS2020 is a real AAA sloping slope 🙂.

Also odd the wind sock in the Orbx screenshot is showing no wind yet the flags are fluttering like a storm is coming... I have a feeling Asobo physics will sort that out as well...

Very Good!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 minutes ago, cepact said:

dV5LFOF.png

Outside view is immense, but interior displays (MFDs) look at a bit simple. Early days though, of course.