Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

Anyone else notice the shadow of the Icon A5 on the waves? (3:08 in the video) Full 3D waves then?? 😮 Call me crazy but for the first time ever I think a hot air balloon would be interesting in this sim. I hope I don't catch flak for this comment but... I cant wait to see what they are saying at the X-Plane forum. It's rather comical to read the posts and see the denial.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

20 minutes ago, Julkensen said:

This is the first time I'm really underwhelmed by MSFS, this cockpit is really not looking good. i know its WIP and all, but they claimed their planes were close to study level, and while I admit all other planes i've see so far in other trailer seem top notch, this 320 is far from it.

It looks nothing like the real thing. I've seen 10 years old freeware look better and more accurate than this. The fonts and colors are not accurate, the PFD and ND looks nothing like the real thing. The Engine display looks like the early 320's from the 80's when they used CRT screen, it sure as hell don't look like that  on EIS2 a320s.

I fly fslabs a320 almost exclusively these days, maybe I've been spoiled by its quality. I'll still get msfs on day one, but i'll  stick to GA aircraft while fslabs, PMDG and Qualitywings bring their 320 747 and 787 to MSFS to fly airliners in the new sim. Good thing they're releasing the SDK early.

Take a look at the original trailer from E3 of the A320 pushing back, the PDF markings, ND and ECAM page and colours are totally different. Im fairly certain this video that they shot is in the "easy" mode they were referring to for newcomers etc.  The ND looks similar to the default FSX basic ND, not the mention the simple big airspeed markings on the airspeed indicator. Im very sure someone new to aviation would be overwhelmed with all the different indicators on the speed-tape etc.  Anyway its still alpha we will see next week from the cockpit episode.

Edited by johnnycaptain
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Jonathon James

3 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

Take a look at the original trailer from E3 of the A320 pushing back, the PDF, ND and ECAM page and colours are totally different. Im fairly certain this video that they shot is in the "easy" mode they were referring to for newcomers etc.  The ND looks similar to the default FSX basic ND, not the mention the simple big airspeed markings on the airspeed indicator. Im very sure someone new to aviation would be overwhelmed with all the different indicators on the speed-tape etc.  Anyway its still alpha we will see next week from the cockpit episode.

I didn't think about that, I assumed the easy mode was related to flight dynamics only, didn't think about the systems. Maybe you're right.

I rewatched the E3 trailer and it does actually looks muck better than the one in EP.3

• Like 1

MSFS 2020 changes everything in my anticipation. 

Never thought I would see such an incredible hyperjump in our hobby!

Can hardly wait.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer :smile:

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Julkensen said:

I fly fslabs a320 almost exclusively these days, maybe I've been spoiled by its quality. I'll still get msfs on day one, but i'll  stick to GA aircraft while fslabs, PMDG and Qualitywings bring their 320 747 and 787 to MSFS to fly airliners in the new sim. Good thing they're releasing the SDK early.

It's almost as if Asobo are leaving a gap for 3PDs to bring their aircraft into MSFS whilst giving everyone a simpler version to get them going. Sounds familiar, no...? 🤔

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, Julkensen said:

I didn't think about that, I assumed the easy mode was related to flight dynamics only, didn't think about the systems. Maybe you're right.

I rewatched the E3 trailer and it does actually looks muck better than the one in EP.3

Haha, same here, i was very surprised by the cockpit's look until i decided to look back at the trailer. As for the easy mode, a while back they said something about you can select what level of realism you want, similar to FSX, is the one i was referring to

Jonathon James

The shot at 1:46!!! Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

We will also support additional modern standards like HTML for UI and glTF for 3D models.

So this means developers can use Blender for their 3D models then? That should make it much more affordable for people to develop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

The shot at 1:46!!! Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that right Jacek! I'm ready...

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Brilliant and fascinating!

I do wonder if the new aerodynamics take into account the airfoil shapes of the wings and control surfaces or are they being treated as flat plates and using surface area, speed, weight, atmospheric conditions etc to calculate the lift and performance parameters.

For a given aircraft to perform correctly must it have the correct airfoil shape and chord true to the the real aircraft?

2 minutes ago, skully said:

Brilliant and fascinating!

I do wonder if the new aerodynamics take into account the airfoil shapes of the wings and control surfaces or are they being treated as flat plates and using surface area, speed, weight, atmospheric conditions etc to calculate the lift and performance parameters.

For a given aircraft to perform correctly must it have the correct airfoil shape and chord true to the the real aircraft?

Well, they didn't specify those particular variables in the video, but the impression of everything so far is that the model is quite complex and I can't imagine they can achieve near-book performance as well as "feel" without incorporating these types of factors into their algorithms for aerodynamics. At least, I'm hopeful because they seem very detail oriented and immersed in what they are creating! Let's hope! It seems like it's going to be a major leap over what we've had already though in any case.

• Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

2 minutes ago, Purr said:

Well, they didn't specify those particular variables in the video, but the impression of everything so far is that the model is quite complex and I can't imagine they can achieve near-book performance as well as "feel" without incorporating these types of factors into their algorithms for aerodynamics. At least, I'm hopeful because they seem very detail oriented and immersed in what they are creating! Let's hope! It seems like it's going to be a major leap over what we've had already though in any case.

True that!

1 hour ago, Julkensen said:

This is the first time I'm really underwhelmed by MSFS, this cockpit is really not looking good. i know its WIP and all, but they claimed their planes were close to study level, and while I admit all other planes i've see so far in other trailer seem top notch, this 320 is far from it.

It looks nothing like the real thing. I've seen 10 years old freeware look better and more accurate than this. The fonts and colors are not accurate, the PFD and ND looks nothing like the real thing. The Engine display looks like the early 320's from the 80's when they used CRT screen, it sure as hell don't look like that  on EIS2 a320s.

Good spot. I wonder what happened between E3 and now?

2 hours ago, Joachim said:

What is this "feedback snapshot" ? anybody know, thanks

Feedback from the Alpha 1 testers I guess

• Upvote 1