Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

Note that these are the videos from the preview event. They are at least four months old given it probably took at least a month to put all these videos together before the event.

Keep that in mind when critiquing things.

• Like 6

Another jaw-dropping episode...!

I appreciate the talented folks at Asobo are non-native English speakers, but I’m a little surprised at Microsoft not checking the presentation for blatant grammatical errors prior to publication (“aircrafts”?). 

17 minutes ago, deetee said:

I’m a little surprised at Microsoft not checking the presentation for blatant grammatical errors prior to publication (“aircrafts”?). 

How about them clouds though? 👌

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

21 minutes ago, deetee said:

I appreciate the talented folks at Asobo are non-native English speakers, but I’m a little surprised at Microsoft not checking the presentation for blatant grammatical errors prior to publication (“aircrafts”?). 

My take - I would have left it alone.  It's authentic - like their accents.  It's who they are.

A matter of taste, of course, so pros can disagree about this.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, deetee said:

Another jaw-dropping episode...!

If an aircrafts is placed on a treadmill...

42 minutes ago, deetee said:

Old original Airbus manuals also used 'aircrafts'.  There are much worse grammatical errors even from people who have English as their native language 😉

• Like 1

Crying myself to sleep waiting for alpha and now we've got an SDK on the horizon? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

• Like 1

Fascinating to see a Frenchman speaking a foreign language so eloquently and getting his point across with words to spare.  In contrast I think of Mr LR's recent treatise on flight dynamics.

These caught my eye from the video.

Snap2020a.png

Snap2020b.png

Snap2020c.png

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 8

I know it's off topic, but I can't even imagine the things that FSDT, FT and FB will be able to whip out in this thing. I am so stoked, my lawd,

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I know after 3rd p developers are fully onboard they will pump out some amazing work for this 2020 sim 

UPS/FEDEX where the hell is my 49IN ULTRAWIDE SCREEN ???????

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Hopefully the SDK will be avaliable to everyone? Not just the sub set of devs they’re talking to

SDK UPDATE

The team is making good progress on the SDK development. While still in the early stages, the plan is to provide an initial version of the SDK to the 3rd party developer community before the end of the year. Our goal has been to involve 3rd parties early in the development process, and to give them the ability to influence our priorities and how we author the SDK. After the first wave of initial 3rd party developer visits onsite with the team, we’ve been incredibly excited by the optimism and feedback we’ve received thus far. These same tools will be provided to the community in effort to ensure the tools we use to create content, tools that undergo constant testing in our production environment, are shared with all our creators. Initially, the SDK will offer the ability to author planes, sceneries and custom missions. For those with a preference for using FSX tools, SimConnect will be supported. We will also support additional modern standards like HTML for UI and glTF for 3D models.

• Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ