Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I believe it was said that the original delay happened because the build compilation failed. The simulator is a very complex piece of software, and if they are going to cut it down in parts so that each group of testers are testing something different, it becomes a lot more difficult to launch the programme. They also have to prepare the scenery streaming infrastructure to be able to handle a large amount of users at once. I don't think there's any cause for concern.

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

• Like 1

It'll be their first public facing alpha, which means they are likely doing a bunch of debugging, and trying to make sure it's suitable for public consumption.

Being two weeks over schedule is the blink of an eye, in terms of software delays.

2019-11-27_1914

Which plane is this? Oops posted in the wrong area. meant to post in the 11-27 area, my bad!

Found it Diamond DA-62!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I'm thinking that about now Microsoft wishes they hadn't promised all of this transparency and user interaction during the development stage.  Every

little thing gets criticisized/questioned and the suspicions start.  

Jeff

Edited by JNS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

11 hours ago, JNS said:

I'm thinking that about now Microsoft wishes they hadn't promised all of this transparency and user interaction during the development stage.  Every

little thing gets criticisized/questioned and the suspicions start.  

Jeff

To be fair, the ratio of people being overly critical and people drooling over the sim while gently stroking their credit card is like 1:10. The hype and anxiety (in a positive way) they have caused in this community as well as outside of it among people who usually wouldn't give a hoot about flight simulators is immense. Advertising done right I would say.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

JetPhotos | Airliners.net
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

That's what happens In the software industry when you give people dates. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 11/28/2019 at 8:45 AM, threegreen said:

To be fair, the ratio of people being overly critical and people drooling over the sim while gently stroking their credit card is like 1:10. The hype and anxiety (in a positive way) they have caused in this community as well as outside of it among people who usually wouldn't give a hoot about flight simulators is immense. Advertising done right I would say.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado