Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

I got a feeling....

...if MS delivers on 2020, I will be the first moving over, man look at the smooth curves of the slope runways, check out the latest Feature Discovery (Aerodynamics), incredible to say the least.

I just don't see how LR is going to compete with MS2020 when XP has soooo many shortcomings, I just don't see it, I hope Im wrong for the sake of XPlane. 

2020 is going to be a great year for sims for sure.

Let the competition begin!!!!

Edited by CarlosF
  • Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

While we don’t know what the future holds, I do hope the xplane and fsx/P3d communities can come together in fs2020. Having developers from both platforms focused on one sim is a win for us as simmers. 

Orman

My $.02... it's way too early to make a comparison judgement until more of us get hands-on-stick, and see how she flies. It's a flight sim right? Not just a scenery simulator.

There is a concerning amount of discussion about backwards compatibility and re-use of existing FSX code, but maybe ASOBO has that figured out well enough to move the flight modeling into the modern era and challenge XP11's work in that area. Let's not forget advanced engine simulation too. It will be interesting to compare how the new MS sim models turboprops like the PT-6 compared to XP11. 

No helicopters on initial release is another area of concern, because I spend half my time in XP11 flying helicopters. I'll cut ASOBO a little slack for realizing that's a very different flight regime so they want to get it right, and not just punch out some simplistic models on release day. But it's another area where they'll have to prove that they're a real competitor in helicopter flight modeling, compared to the excellent models we have to fly in XP11 and DCS on the combat side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

With their latest Q&A video it appears that LR is not yet ready to consider MS2020 as competition.  Their attitude towards the needs and wants of us owners is a bit lackadaisical as reflected by their fascination with the 'mobile' version - a pet project of Mr Meyers who, in reality, would do well to limit himself to something different and let the hired hands get 'er done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Comparison will need to be done between MSFS and XP11/12 after Vulkan. It is at that time that they will have no excuses regarding new content and improvements (ATC, water, weather, lighting for example).

Of course they consider MSFS competition, they just aren't ready to compete with it yet. Besides, you can enjoy both simulators equally in the future 🙂 Especially without helicopters, that takes a way a good chunk of my fun in MSFS and it will take some time for it to be filled. For anything else it is too early.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

All I can say is..

"Bye-bye" to the future MSFS _only_ users..

Less Austin for you, is more Austin for me..  I win..  😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CarlosF said:

...if MS delivers on 2020, I will be the first moving over, man look at the smooth curves of the slope runways, check out the latest Feature Discovery (Aerodynamics), incredible to say the least.

I just don't see how LR is going to compete with MS2020 when XP has soooo many shortcomings, I just don't see it, I hope Im wrong for the sake of XPlane. 

2020 is going to be a great year for sims for sure.

Let the competition begin!!!!

If you dont like xplane you can always delete it, there are enough of these going nowhere ridiculous posts going on, and it  doing nothing but irritating everyone, but there will always be someone else to stir the pot, cant leave well enough alone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It's baffling at how many people want X-Plane to fail.  Is it a competition or something??  Which flight sim survives?  If FS2020 survives, X-Plane needs to DIE!!  X-Plane users always say "have both".  MSFS users say "RIP X-Plane!"

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

We see many people ready to jump ship.

And I must agree, the released videos look impressive.

However, how it will run on average Joe's system is still to be seen. 60FPS, right, but what are the system specs? I suspect the forum's to explode with outrage when it comes finally out, and people can not keep 60fps on minimum recommended hardware configurations.

And there is a small market that will not switch to easily: I am talking about us 'nix users, 🍎 and 🐧 alike 🙂  ...

• Like 1

To begin with such posts are useless, moreover DIE this DIE that is only done by the users.

Yes LR will have a tough time against MFS that's for sure but XP dying that's a different story all together.

Do us a favor say this when MFS is actually released to the public and that too after a year of release then we'll see.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The first x-plane release was in 1995. X-plane is not new to Microsoft competition. LR will keep making improvements, especially to what they do best, FM

I'm not begrudged by ESP users trying to sing XP off now. For what, 5 years now, they have been getting the word not allowed about their outdated platform with bad performance (P3D real time night lighting anyone?). They deserve some payback.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

4 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

If you dont like xplane you can always delete it

Chill dude, drink a beer its friday,

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo