Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

I got a feeling....

Even 2020 will be the best VFR sim, X-plane will still be used a lot prior and during the transition time before 2020 is fully fledged.... Like now X-plane is important for my pilot training.... love x-plane...

Why do you post stuff about MSFS 2020 in the x-plane forum? Shut up about msfs2020 in the x-plane forum. 1D10Ts!

X-Plane ROCKS! My simulator for life.

• Like 2

Vulkan seems to be very smooth at high fps, now there Is margine for better graphics and dynamics are already there.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:07 AM, leon310 said:

Why do you post stuff about MSFS 2020 in the x-plane forum? Shut up about msfs2020 in the x-plane forum. 1D10Ts!

X-Plane ROCKS! My simulator for life.

I went from FSX (and others before that since 1983) to P3D to XP10 (bad experience for me) then back to P3D and finally to XP11.  I really like XP11 and Vulkan is a great step forward.  But, I'm certainly not ready to say that it's my sim for life.  I only keep one sim installed and, if MSFS is the game changer and nextgen sim that it appears it will be (and this may not be the case), that's will be when my loyalty to XP11 will end.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

11 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I really like XP11 and Vulkan is a great step forward.  But, I'm certainly not ready to say that it's my sim for life.

XP11.50 is the first version of any consumer simulator that I can say with some confidence has a bright future.

Prior versions were only promising and useful for training.

11 hours ago, ricka47 said:

nextgen sim that it appears it will be (and this may not be the case)

MSFS2020 definately not anywhere near "next gen sim". Its not even next gen graphics (aka raytacing).

Right now MSFS2020 is nothing more than a bugged alpha that has a list of "nice to haves" that also doubles as a list of "things essential to be classed as a flight simulator". 

The hype machine never fails to amuse, but frankly Im personally amazed people still fall for it. I have a feeling MSFS2020 launch day may be the last time virtually anyone does. The final nail in a dead operating system that should have been buried years ago.

bawl8hsip2t41.png

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

MSFS2020 definately not anywhere near "next gen sim". Its not even next gen graphics (aka raytacing).

What? Wait, are you saying that the tired out, rickety old engine in P3d5 has nex gen graphics?

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

What? Wait, are you saying that the tired out, rickety old engine in P3d5 has nex gen graphics?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Must be a sneak preview of XP12 🙂.

Nah, he posted footage of my XP11 installation with a simple text editor edit done.

Find the line in the config file that says: Next generation gfx effects OFF and change it to ON.

Thats all there is to it. Laminar has kept it secret, it was slated to become public on mothers day!

• Like 1

I would not expect too much from new FS2020 by reading the status of current alpha...right now it is nothing more than nice graphics. All the remaining aspects we can expect from a simulator are completely missing or messed up. It will be a miracle if all what was announced is delivered on launch. I am even more bugged by the fact that PMDG has announced they developing for this sim. Let’s hope I am wrong because frankly it is good for the eyes and clouds are a dream!

Pierre

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

right now it is nothing more than nice graphics

That's just so wrong, be patient. You'll see how it is, 3rd devs are developing for it for a reason.

@mSparks I wonder what'll you complain about when raytracing is implemented, you idea of dismissing it as nextgen because it doesn't have raytracing is laughable  in the first place anyway.

Did msfs attack you personally or something? What do you stand to gain by constantly bashing it? X-plane will be here, just like it always was...

Edited by Kaan KASIM
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

That's just so wrong, be patient. You'll see how it is, 3rd devs are developing for it for a reason.

I hope you are right !

2 hours ago, Kaan KASIM said:

@mSparks I wonder what'll you complain about when raytracing is implemented, you idea of dismissing it as nextgen because it doesn't have raytracing is laughable  in the first place anyway.

Did msfs attack you personally or something? What do you stand to gain by constantly bashing it? X-plane will be here, just like it always was...

As someone wise enough told me before, i suggest you just ignore him. We are all here because we like XPlane, obviously. However XP issues were not just about performance. Once the Vulkan phase is dealt with, people will keep asking for all the other things that have been missing for a long time and even other simulators are offering. Better lighting, better water, better clouds for example.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 hours ago, Janov said:

Nah, he posted footage of my XP11 installation with a simple text editor edit done.

Find the line in the config file that says: Next generation gfx effects OFF and change it to ON.

Thats all there is to it. Laminar has kept it secret, it was slated to become public on mothers day!

Thanks for the tip, my X-Plane looks so amazing now. As a cherry on the cake I also dropped a render_RTX.lua to my scripts folder. Highly recommended with the next gen gfx.

• Like 1