Sign in to follow this  
Guest charlesk

FSX and moving around aircraft with active camera.

Guest charlesk

Will active camera work in fsx? I tried installing but it won't run. Where is the modules folder? I don't see one. Not sure if this is my issue though.

Are you talking about the demo, beta or retail versions of FSX, since in any event I don't believe the modules functionality has been implemented in the demo.As for Active Camera, I had emailed the author who advised:"We won

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest charlesk

This is retail version. I bought it at best buy.

Active Camera does not work - the FSX view system is different.On another forum I saw a post where the developer of Active Camera has supposedly said he sees no need for utility in FSX and does not plan to update the application - I could be wrong about that - be sure to check any Active Camera support forums The dll.xml file in the profile is necessary to activate any .dll file - what the modules folder used to do.Though some utilities will create a modules folder in their install - FSUIPC Beta for one - just placing a .dll there will not activate it.You must edit the dll.xml to activate each individual .dll file - and it does work in the demo, beta and retail version.Some .dll files will have to be "verified" and "authorized" in the FSX.cfg file - but that is done by a question box coming up and asking if you want to authorized the addon.I would highly recommend you not authorize any gauges if you a prompted - you are setting yourself up for a reinstall.

Dang!.. I want my active Camera for FSX.:(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Some .dll files will have to be "verified" and "authorized" in>the FSX.cfg file - but that is done by a question box coming>up and asking if you want to authorized the addon.>>I would highly recommend you not authorize any gauges if you a>prompted - you are setting yourself up for a reinstall.Er, that's really not a good suggestion, since every single gauge from any addon will require "manual verification" before FSX will "allow it" to be loaded and used.Until such time as a grassroots effort to provide a free "Trusted Certificate" for freeware gauge and module developers to obtain and use in their projects comes to fruition, this will be an ongoing problem.Commercial developers will have to spend up to $500 annually to obtain a "Trusted Certificate" from VeriSign, Thwate, or another of the handful of Certificate Authorities.Note that this is NOT something that ACES had a hand in; it is part of the Windows XP SP/2 and Vista "protection scheme," and is just another headache for everyone, developers and simmers alike.For payware devs, it's yet another major expense, and for freeware devs it is an entirely unwelcome addition to their workload... In the meantime, all simmers will have to exercise their own "Prudential Judgement" on whether or not to manually "accept" anything as "Trusted..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator