Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

FS in 1st Person POV...

Guest GA Flyer

Just wandering what my fellow simmers would think about future versions of FS to make it where you were no longer the plane but a person? My reason is not so much for wanting to explore FS from a persons point of view (although that would be a feature) but to be able to have a fleet of planes and leave them where you park them.Imagine going back to FS98 when the default field was Meigs and instead of being on the active with the engine running, when you first start the next version your on foot infront of every plane in your aircraft file parked on the ramp and you can walk up and get into your plane of choice.Whenever you park a plane and save your flight the plane is left there. You can then park your favorite planes where in the world you want and they stay there until you move them again.Many features could be added to this kind of new way to get into planes. Walk arounds, a reason to have doors that open and close, able to have a career mode that unlocks planes if you want and add to your fleet, use the FBO as a start area where you can pull up all the options of weather, display, time, season, failure etc..I guess my real question is do you think it would make the sim too game like or would you welcome the idea?

Guest AJ

>I think you are going to hear people pretty much say that it>sounds a lot like a game to them.Perhaps, some will say that. After all, the GTA series has being doing this for years. On the other hand, people made similar comments when the first Virtual Cockpits showed up a few years ago. Everyone said it was a silly gimmick and that it would never be practical to fly form that point of view. Well, things have changed a lot since then, haven't they? Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea. The Active camera program gave up little bit of that in FS9, though obviously you could not hop into another plane.

Guest GA Flyer

>I think you are going to hear people pretty much say that it>sounds a lot like a game to them.In all honesty Brian...I was asking fellowers simmers what they thought and not what they thought others would think. If you have an opinion on how you feel on the idea then please share but I find it rude to speak for others.

I guess what you mean is a kind of career mode in FS and I must say it could give add a sense of achievement in FS. It should be optionable though as not everyone will welcome it. I also like the idea of being able to do a walkaround, as long as it is more than just a visual gimmick. I want to be able to check the fuel for contamination, and run the risk of an engine-out if I forget this. Also, for some planes you must "rock the wings" after refuelling to make sure there are no airpockets in the fuel tank. I'd like to do that in the sim.BTW, addons like FSPassenger already add something like a careermode to FS, but a visual integration is not possible in FS9. Maybe that FSX, with simconnect and missions is able to improve on this.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Guest Bottle

I'd find it a lot of fun, but we'd then have to assign keys for kicking the tires and twanging the tension wires. But think of the possibilities for modelling being sucked into your jet intake :)

Guest allcott

It sounds a lot like a game to me. Excellent for twelve year olds who want to pretend, but for seasoned simmers? Unnecessary waste of computing power. Unless the walkround was actually required for correct operation of the airplane. In which case you can kiss goodbye to the vast majority of gaming customers too, who simply will not tolerate having to waggle ailerons or remove control locks when all they want is to press Ctrl+E or launch the sim on the runway, with the engine running, firewall the throttles and climb a 777 at 16,0000 ft/min.I don't see who this idea is aimed at, if you're already apologising to simmers for it and your inconveniencing gamers by it, neither do youAsk yourself this - if it is such a good idea, how come we don't have FS WALKROUND or something similar, using spot view and Active Camera, which already permits you to do exactly what your asking for?Allcott

In contrary to Allcotts one sided view, I think it would be a great idea, especially for those that fly GA and belong to VAs. This would make the experience more personal and more precise. I would think even tubeliner pilots could appreciate walking thru the jetway to their aircrafts before a flight. There is no reason a feature like this would take away from the flight "simulator" purists either.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Babubhai

Perhaps some of you need a different product all together which fits this purpose.

Guest Wayne Smith

I think it's a great idea to add more realism! In fact, I'd like the option to see other people in a multi-user environment, and have them also get into the aircraft as crew or passengers! I'd also like to be able to walk over to the FBO, go into the office, and get a look at charts, weather on a radar display ona virtual desk, do flight planning, etc.

Love the idea!It's gamish indeed! But hey, I liked the first person feature in Active Camera. Just give me a flashlight for the night inspection! :(

In fact, we were just taking about this the other day. It's what I do in real life, why would it seem like a game? I don't understand that. I like the idea.Anyway, you can see some of our ideas here, I'm thinking it should be doable today. Read the last two posts:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ode=full#352018Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Babubhai

What are you lot on??? Some of you have lost the whole point of flight simulator.You guys need a different program all together. Flight Simulator is not designed for those kind of purposes.Let's keep flight simulator the way it has always been. Choose an aircraft from the menu, fly it, enjoy it and then exit.Maybe something like airport simulator for you guys?