Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

This thread is Part 2 of the What We Want thread.

This topic is here to summarize all the community wishes for this new sim in term of features. Please do not talk about price or business model.

Keep it clear and consize, like a simple list.

Thank you

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can't you copy and paste from the old thread. Save a heckuva lot of time. :smile:

• Like 4

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

I want ATC, Real crashing physics, AI traffic, seasons, Callouts(Landing gear, pull up, too low terrain), console version. PLEASE POST MORE NEWS ON THE CONSOLE. You guys have literally been quiet XD

• Like 1

I would like to see EZDOK like "aircraft drift / wingman view" motion in the external camera views.

There was a hint of that in some of the promo shots, but other shots still looked like the aircraft was rock solid in the air, and that is unrealistic IMHO.

At least the plane is no longer on rails.

• Upvote 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

VR!

(sorry, someone had to say it..)

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Can't you copy and paste from the old thread. Save a heckuva lot of time. :smile:

I know. Gotta love redundancy due to a lack of patience and skills in typing in key words , yawn

Don't know if this was in the previous thread but I thought about it the other day....Airfield Lighting...

Pilot controlled lighting via unicom/multicom frequency at uncontrolled airports

Ability to request light intensity to go up or down from the tower just as in real life.

Also ability to request airfield/runway lights to go off for military black-out operations with night vision goggles.  And in that vein support for a "Night Vision" green view to simulate NVG ops

• Like 2

Re-hash time it is then:

• Seasons
  • ATC, regional TTS voice sets (voice AND keyboard interaction)
  • Helicopters
  • Gliders
  • (VR)
  • TrackIR
  • Sophisticated AI aircraft engine for offline use
  • Trains
  • Cockpit peripherals recognition  (MCP, FMC, radios, OHP, etc)
  • Updatable nav data
  • Installation of 3rd party products restricted to outside of the main sim folder structure
  • More sophsiticated pushbacks (with tugs) for AI aircraft
  • Dynamic lighting for runway, taxiway, edge, stop bar, approach lights (including associated safety features lighting)

New ones(?):

• Eclipses, Aurora, shooting stars, volcanic eruptions
  • Shared cockpit functionality
Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

First and foremost, VR, followed closely by ATC/AI/seasons (including hail, snow, and realistic snow accumulation, if possible).

The above are the main things I'd like to see. Everything else I mention below would be icing on the cake.

Some sort of mini-game to run an airline would be nice, a la FSPassengers. I found it absolutely indespensible when using FSX/P3D. Things like the flight attendant announcements, random emergencies, being judged on flight performance, and being able to have a log of all the flights was quite nice. Even better if this ties in with persistent aircraft states.

This is mostly a musing on my part, but the ability to have Flight Simulator sessions tied to an avatar, rather than an aircraft would be quite interesting. It would be nice to able to walk up to a C172, enter it, fly it to a large international airport, get out, and then walk up to a 747 that has already been parked there previously, but remained due to persistence. This would be more immersive in a way than going to a menu to change aircraft.

Also a somewhat controversial opinion, perhaps, but I'd still like to see realistic crash modelling. I realize that's unlikely, as Microsoft/Asobo is fostering partnerships with real aviation companies. Boeing probably wouldn't be too thrilled to see YouTube videos of their aircraft nosediving into the ground, especially given their recent difficulties with the MAX... Regardless, I believe a middle-ground can be achieved. Rough landings should collapse landing gear, and pop tires, rather than freezing the session and giving a generic "crash" message. If you're attempting to land a jetliner in a heavy cross-wind situation and the wingtip happens to scrape the runway, it would be nice to see the aircraft react to that, rather than freezing the session and considering it a "crash." Forced landings (which they mentioned would be possible in the recent aerodynamics video), should consider interactions with ground elements like trees. If you're over a densely forested area, aiming between two trees to arrest your rate of speed and increase survivability is a valid strategy during a forced landing. Extending flaps or gear over the safe limit should cause damage to those elements, and overspeeding the aircraft in general should cause damage to control surfaces, at the very least.

Could also throw in bird strikes, and cracked windshields due to hail as well, etc. Lot's of opportunities to incorporate and demonstrate the hazards of flight that have not been well simulated in the past. Fortunately, it looks like they'll do well with weather hazards!

Edited by RioPilot
typos
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jymp said:

I'd say realistic ATC, AI, and seasons.

+1000% for this plus historical weather.  I like to perform actual commercial flights within the past 24 hours, so it is essential to execute the flight in the same weather as it experienced in real life.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

ATC, ATC, ATC as everything out there right now is absolute garbage. I would hope that within 5 years of development you already have something up your sleeve.  Also, good SDK for ATC so third parties could fully integrate.  AI control, with full runway control, please don't mess this up. TrackIR support from the first day of release. I can put up with no seasons initially, but the rest would be welcomed from day one. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, RioPilot said:

This is mostly a musing on my part, but the ability to have Flight Simulator sessions tied to an avatar, rather than an aircraft would be quite interesting. It would be nice to able to walk up to a C172, enter it, fly it to a large international airport, get out, and then walk up to a 747 that has already been parked there previously, but remained due to persistence. This would be more immersive in a way than going to a menu to change aircraft.

+1

I have always thought this would be a cool feature!

VR is really important. It's more than just a fad, eye candy, or just for those crazy VR enthusiasts. It will be good for the image building of MSFS as a real next generation flight simulation, thus beneficial for the long term development of MSFS. Diehard simmers might be able to live without VR, but the bigger public will laugh at this absence of this "next generation" factor even if they don't have this "next generation" thing at all. VR is all about imagination, and MSFS needs public imagination to go further. 

• Like 4

Is there any particular reason that MS would read this thread and make any changes in direction?  I believe it is quite clear that they are building their own sounding board.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere