Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

- TrackIR Support

- Accurate representation of the french flag 🙂 (Courchevel guys!)

I think a big one for me is to fix the distortion when panning views.  For example, the speed of the aircraft would seem a lot faster when looking at a 45 degree angle to forward.  

- A December 25th Christmas gift in the form of a two hour long, uncut video of someone at Asobo flying the 747-8 from a major airport to another major airport - including taxi to runway, pushback, and anything else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Many Excellent Suggestions here and I am already in AWE of what Asobo and Microsoft have done thus far.... Never been so excited and have had every version since FS95

Like Many its the biggies I would love,

ATC

SEASONS

HELICOPTERS/GLIDERS

TRACK IR /  VR 

WATERFALLS. (Imagine Flying the Icon A5 off the IGUAZU Falls or the ANGEL FALLS OR NIAGRA) NOT SURE THIS IS POSSIBLE WITH THE TECH BUT WOULD BE VERY COOL!

WET RUNWAYS/ SHOOTING STARS/ NORTHERN LIGHTS/ AURORA B.

LIKE THE POST A FEW BACK ANYTHING THAT CAN ADD THE THE ALIVENESS OF THE WORLD WOULD BE AMAZING. SOUNDS IN THE COCKPIT OF PASSENGERS, SMOKE etc.

Thanks for listening the feedback has been absolutely great and the discovery series should continue!

H.

• Upvote 1

"

Using a triple monitor setup with a yoke or sidestick (depending on aircraft), rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and MCP.
I can physically touch the majority of the elements I interact with in the cockpit. They are real, I can see their positions and manipulate them physically.

Having been in a 6-axis full-motion sim and having used a VR headset, my personal opinion is that I prefer my setup over VR. VR might 'place me in the sim', but all my interactions with it are virtual.
To me, my setup feels closer to that of the full-motion sim than with hanging a headset on my head and seeing nothing of the real world.

You like your way. I like mine. It's like ice cream flavours - personal taste.
Right, we're boring people with OT posts re: VR.

Back on-topic.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier. I want the ability to jump-ahead, similar to the feature in the QW787, but for all aircraft.

The jump to a new position should place me at the correct time of day and the fuel used as if I had actually simulated flying it at 1x sim speed.
Would save several hours of nothingness in the cruise over the Pacific, central Russia at night or the Indian Ocean. I no longer have the time to run long-haul even at 4x sim speed.

Edited November 10 by 188AHC"

I was banned for talking about VR in a "What we want" topic lol. Go figure. Anyway, in response to you thinking VR is a step backwards is just plain wrong. VR is the next evolution in gaming/simming.

1.  Single monitor setup with HAT switch.
  2.  Multimonitor setup with HAT switch
  3.  TIR
  4.  Physical panel for instruments
  5. VR
  6. Full motion simulator replica or a real airplane.

(I would choose VR over a full motion sim or a real airplane)

I fly with my saitek yoke and rudder pedals, and work the throttles and instruments with my virtual hands...but I can easily use my saitek throttles too. I don't know what kind of experience you had, but I suspect VR naysayers had a weak system or something. My (32GB 2080ti PC runs it smooth and the graphics are as clear as they were on my ultrawide gaming monitor. I just flew Aerofly Innsbruck scenery pack with the piper turbo 3 addon and it was simply amazing. It is quite something watching the moonlight come across your wing as you are banking in VR. Until you have experienced it with a good system, you won't know what you are missing out on. The best way I can think to explain the difference with VR, to those who have not experienced it, is you go from being a simmer to being an aviator.

P.S. When Oculus comes out with hand tracking it will be the icing on the cake...then I will use physical yoke, throttles, rudder pedals, and to all the instruments with my hands. That would be the ultimate experience.

Edited by Flybynumbers

2D panels

Many who won't touch the the sim without them. Hope 3rd party developers also take note.

• Like 2

Mark Daniels

Choosing VR over a full motion sim or a real plane??

Really?? 

That speaks for itself, indeed!!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

8 minutes ago, DreamSkywards said:

Unsurprisingly this thread went the way the previous one did. Many off topic posts or just repeats of things already posted.

What IS surprising is that it has taken four pages to get to this realisation. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, DreamSkywards said:

Unsurprisingly this thread went the way the previous one did. Many off topic posts or just repeats of things already posted.

The title says "what we want" and "we" want VR. I have seen numerous posts about wanting TIR...why is everyone so butthurt over VR??? Why would MSFT add TIR capability when we have VR ?? 

VR is to TIR what TIR was to the hatch switch.

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Choosing VR over a full motion sim or a real plane??

Really?? 

That speaks for itself, indeed!!

Why would I need a real plane? I can fly anywhere I want in my basement...no expense...no upkeep...no risk. It is just as enjoyable to fly around in VR as it would be in a real plane...but I can do it anywhere in the world. 🙂

Edited by Flybynumbers

5 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

It is just as enjoyable to fly around in VR as it would be in a real plane...

While I agree that VR is absolutely great, it's not even remotely comparable or as enjoyable as real flying and it will never be.

Edited by FDEdev

Honestly... whats wrong with people. The request was for a simple list, not chit chat. We Know Microsoft and Asobo are reading these threads and listening to us, so lets do them a favour and keep it concise!

Seasons

Weather to include snow, drifts, accumulation with depth.

Water, puddles on surfaces. 

Flight dynamics editor with modern easy to use UI. 

Systems coding compatible with electric propulsion, prop regen etc.

Accurately modelled turboprop behaviour. 

Capability to park aircraft in hangar.

Aircraft maintenance. 

Runway lighting activated by pilot. 

Understand that no visual damage modelling is allowed, but what about a damage alert system, that requires maintenance/repair before flight?

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Honestly... whats wrong with people. The request was for a simple list, not chit chat. We Know Microsoft and Asobo are reading these threads and listening to us, so lets do them a favour and keep it concise!

Seasons

Weather to include snow, drifts, accumulation with depth.

Water, puddles on surfaces. 

Flight dynamics editor with modern easy to use UI. 

Systems coding compatible with electric propulsion, prop regen etc.

Accurately modelled turboprop behaviour. 

Capability to park aircraft in hangar.

Aircraft maintenance. 

Runway lighting activated by pilot. 

Understand that no visual damage modelling is allowed, but what about a damage alert system, that requires maintenance/repair before flight?

Ok here is the list:

VR

Everything else in your list, and in this thread is secondary to VR.

Edited by Flybynumbers