Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

Don't know if these have been mentioned yet:

A rare, but not impossible, chance of a lightning strike when flying near CBs that can knock out a cockpit instrument or 6, plus a few lights.

Recreation of cold soaked wings from extended period of flight at high altitudes. Clear airframe icing to be present even if ambient temperatures between -2°C and +15°C and visable moisture or high humidity present whilst airframe remains below 0°C.

A percentage liklihood slider of random temporary failure of canned AI traffic to follow ATC instructions (level busts, incorrect headings, TMA infractions, unresponsiveness to ATC calls).

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Recreation of cold soaked wings from extended period of flight at high altitudes. Clear airframe icing to be present even if ambient temperatures between -2°C and +15°C and visable moisture or high humidity present whilst airframe remains below 0°C.

And to expand on this, a snow and ice covered aircraft with realistic deicing effects. I imagine this has already been proposed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I or many of our members have no idea what you are talking a bout. 

I think he refers to the new taxi lighting system in some major airports like Dubai if I am not mistaken.

Only the green lights in the center of the taxiways the aircraft is supposed to follow are illuminated by the ground controller.

This system was made to help the pilots to find their way when the visibility is almost zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

About that, leading lights for some special approaches would be great (KJFK Canarsie, Madeira, Toncontin, Gibraltar, Innsbruck...)

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I think he refers to the new taxi lighting system in some major airports like Dubai if I am not mistaken.

Only the green lights in the center of the taxiways the aircraft is supposed to follow are illuminated by the ground controller.

This system was made to help the pilots to find their way when the visibility is almost zero.

I always keep a little torch next to my monitor to help me see when visibility is low... 

• Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I want good multi core performance as I am eyeing the Ryzen 3950. Man, that would be sweet if all those 16 cores of goodness could be properly put to work. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hi All

My wish list...

• As accurate representation of ATC as possible
  • The abilty to either undock a moving map to a tablet or even perhaps a companion app which I can use - think FlightAware or Garmin kinda thing for flight planning
  • More detailed flight planner than the native FSX/P3D one; A bit more detailed like Plan-g or something we can plan either VFR or IFR flights with, perhaps linking to map data so we can check out real VFR landmarks, or SIDs/Stars.
  • The abilty to land on different terrain, not just runways - thinking this would be an amazing bush plane experience, landing on river bars etc.
  • Wake turbulence
  • Lessons and/or missions for beginners, think a virtual PPL kinda thing perhaps? Perhaps a little more flexible than the previous lessons in FSX which felt very scripted. It would be nice if it was more fuzzy, by that I mean more coaching than, you are 100ft low, pull up.
  • The abilty to grade my flight - thinking some way of improving my flying - for example, you touched down a little heavy, too fast, too slow etc. Or even, your plan showed this, you deviated by x miles on this leg. A simple report at the end of a flight perhaps or even during; could be toggled on/off? Kinda like a silent flight instructor with tips / tricks how to improve during each aspect of flight.
  • Not sure of the multiplayer functionality but the abilty to fly in 'open' play or 'hosted' to allow for different 'flying styles'

Think that is about it...

Super hyped for whatever comes out! Can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

The new checklist should offer voice activation to move to the next line item. So if the items is:
Oil Pressure...Check
The user says "Check" in their PC microphone and it moves to the next item so no need for a mouse. If the next items is:
Flaps...Up The user says  "Up". The word "Next" Or "Skip Item" or something along those lines should also be allowed in case the voice software has a hard time hearing certain phrases spoken by the user in their accent.

Hypoxia should be modeled and planes that are pressurized should have working air gauges and air tanks that can be refilled.

All radio volume knobs should work and when active on one and monitoring another, the user should have the option to have Comm1 in the left ear and Comm2 in the right. A feature I once experienced on a SR22. This should be part of the core sim engine for sound so 3rd party dev's can use this feature if they want.

ForeFlight and Garmin Pilot should be partners and their app should be modeled as 2D window on a virtual kneeboard. Basic features should work but if the user has an active account with one of the two then all the features should work. Additionally, they should also be available to work on a real tablet or ipad via both blue tooth and direct usb cord for non-vr users. The app would work with the sim as if the user was in a real plane. 

The logbook feature should have the option to separate flights based on different plane types, exportable and printable.

Since the sim will need to be online to make use of the AzureAI, users should have the option to allow automatic uploads of completed flights to the Microsoft Flight Sim home page that keeps a rolling tally of number of flights, distances flown daily, yearly, all time. A great way to showcase the huge crowd the sim will have. Could be great PR move for MS among others.

Tow planes for gliders should be considered in a way that allows for waypoints in the flightplan that the tow plane will follow. Even if there is no default gliders in the aircraft, with how the winds provide ridge lift and thermals(?), 3pd will surely make these planes and to have that feature in the core sim engine would be great for those users.

Seaplanes should  be able to drift in the wind as well as weather vein. Seaplanes can be docked as so they weather vein into the wind and drift. This is for the Icon but in the core engine for other plane makers to use. Maybe by setting the parking brake it would be considered docked or moored.

• Like 3

If there will be an avatar pilot mode, there has to be a mustached pilot avatar option.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm with MSFS since FS2000. For me few things are very important and I would like to have them in MSFS2020:

1. Reallistic ATC with SID/STARS, Holdings etc..........

2. Working and updatable FMC for passenger airplanes with realism similar to PMDG for all other airplane systems.

3. Reallistic and configurable AI Traffic with external editable Flightplans. I know it was before - but I would like to see AI separation, landing queues, holdings for AI, random emergencies for AI etc, no more disappearing planes etc.

4. Career mode for pilot with cargo or passengers experience (like in FS Passengers). Beside ATC and AI it is for me the most important thing.

The rest I would like to have was already shown on the videos

Grzegorz

Tech Alpha 1

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

An msfs store were 3pp scenery would be available , then streamed directly to the sim. No more manual installation/running after updates

• Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

12 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Tech Alpha 1

+1, strange that we have no more news since 2 weeks 😞

Edited by vodka69

Not sure if it was mentioned before but a smart copilot would be great. 

JARDesign has made some software for X-Plane and it looks good. I wouldn't be suppriesed if MS could do better though...

Would be great to have some support in the cockpit.

• Upvote 2

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Full integration of TrackIR so smooth transitions when panning.  Eliminate hesitations and redraws of scenery while panning.  Also re centering to initial setting so you don't have to keep re=centering as you pan and fly.

Bill 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1