Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

A replica UI of Xplane11. Having used FSX, P3D, DCS, AFS2 and Xplane11...by far the best User Interface is Xplane 11. Things that I like best, is most common joysticks and hardware controllers not only come pre-assigned but also have photos of the controller with each button, switch or axis labelled and numbered. In picking a starting spot, the airport layout is shown with reference to the parking spot. The ability to continue the last flight. The local time of the airport is used instead of the users computer time. Just overall the ease of use, the ability to easily create joystick profiles and assign them to various planes, The ease of knowing where the flight will start based on an airport map along with the other items that Xplane11 offers is the best way as I see it when compared to all the other sims.

I'm sure that MS will not replicate any bodies designs, irrespective of the legality thereof. It is crazy to even suggest that. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

6 hours ago, Ident said:

A replica UI of Xplane11. Having used FSX, P3D, DCS, AFS2 and Xplane11...by far the best User Interface is Xplane 11. Things that I like best, is most common joysticks and hardware controllers not only come pre-assigned but also have photos of the controller with each button, switch or axis labelled and numbered. In picking a starting spot, the airport layout is shown with reference to the parking spot. The ability to continue the last flight. The local time of the airport is used instead of the users computer time. Just overall the ease of use, the ability to easily create joystick profiles and assign them to various planes, The ease of knowing where the flight will start based on an airport map along with the other items that Xplane11 offers is the best way as I see it when compared to all the other sims.

I think I read somewhere they will use a globe you can spin around and zoom in to choose an airport.  If that's the case you might have a birds eye view of the airport and can select runways or parking bays like that

For the word ‘hobby’ to be disassociated from flight sims. Too many images of middle aged men in sheds fiddling around with wood (that’s what she said). Maybe some new gen Zs will introduce new words to describe the community (I hate that word too in video games/ internet contexts, but that’s another story). 

Hallo to all

New on the forum and all ready demanding?

Well, since i read that FS2020 , as amongst  other things, do read what  the customer want as well, just something I would like for next christmas 

A Cessna with REAL INSTRUMENTS, not this glassy stuff (And if I may be so bold ,also on a Baron 58)

Will be much appreciated

A map with a ruler on to measure from A to B

Quick pre-programmable views like in X Plane

But, the most important of all my demands is that CESSNA  :smile:

I’ve recently been playing train sim world 2020, and though the implementation is a bit bare bones to start with, I really hope there is a nice structure to ease you into the game and then give you the option of carrying on that structure if you want. I’m referring to the way it starts you off as an avatar and you go through a variety of tutorials of increasingly more complex tasks (there are some fairly wild difficulty spikes in tsw20 though, and sometimes it swaps controls around for unknown reasons), then you either go off and do free okay or you become an active part of a full service along which ever route you’re playing. 

i remember Sebastian Wloch saying that flying was fun enough in itself not to really need any game elements, which worries me a bit. Flying may be, but I’m not sure flight sims are. The brilliant graphics and physics and sounds etc will only blow my mind for so long until I need a bit more of a point in doing things. I’m basically a basic animal, so I want something that says take this to there’s by this time and get this reward. It would be cool to have a career path where you could choose to be different sorts of pilots and then have randomly generated schedules and task that you take part in, and are also much bigger than just you are.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

For the word ‘hobby’ to be disassociated from flight sims. Too many images of middle aged men in sheds fiddling around with wood (that’s what she said). Maybe some new gen Zs will introduce new words to describe the community (I hate that word too in video games/ internet contexts, but that’s another story). 

I blame FSX/P3D and Xplane for this as you need a really powerful machine and to invest in a lot of addons to make them look pretty which is beyond the financial reach of young people.

FS2020 however I hope will change that. We should hopefully be able to get respectable modern looking graphics across a variety of machines and the fact that this is coming to Xbox will make this "hobby" even more accessible to an entirely new generation of people. 

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 1

1. Shared Cockpit 

2. Ground crew actually affects plane (like loading actually makes plane get lower on the suspension among other things)

3. Economy 

4. Passenger/airline crew interaction (like fspassengers)

5. Shared Economy (like you and your friend can build a airline from the ground up flying to buy more planes and hire Ai pilots to fly them etc)

6. even big planes get pushed and shoved in bad weather please don't make it to easy

7.  nice wing flex/bounce 

• Upvote 1

Something like a default "Paint kit" for aircrafts and maybe also for ground vehicles would be nice! I personaly used always two extern programs (windows paint and dxtbmp), so i think it would be a nice edition!

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2019 at 2:20 AM, steve310002 said:

Maybe it has been mentioned here somewhere before (though I haven't seen it), but I would really like some kind of avatar mode where I can get out of my aircraft and explore the surrounding scenery (like in Prepar3d).

While we’re at it, how about a courtesy car at every airport to help explore wider areas?

1. ATC, voice activated, region specific, as close to real world procedures as possible (I know the FAA’s FAR AIM is a dull read, but it is a step by step guide how to do this). 

2. Real time weather: realistic aircraft response to head and tail winds, cross wind landings, Mountain wave action, wake turbulence. Seasons

3. Plug and play peripheral support, including simple, 1:1 axis calibration (Not the convoluted FSX & P3d default of using only half of the travel of the device with huge dead zones), Support for Saitek radio and switch panels (and similar cockpit devices).  VR/Track IR

4. Updatable frequencies, NAVAID, runway headings (due to fluctuations in Magnetic Variance), etc. 

5. Support for 3rd party add-ons. 

6. Living world details, birds, smoke, people (real world forest fires, along with aircraft to fight them, would be cool, but way low on the list. 

Edited by Mad_Mac