Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

32 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

While we’re at it, how about a courtesy car at every airport to help explore wider areas?

You can have a huge assortment of cars in FS9 & FSX, as well as boats and trains. So, nothing new here at all. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

You can have a huge assortment of cars in FS9 & FSX, as well as boats and trains. So, nothing new here at all. 

How do you drive them?

14 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

How do you drive them?

Load them just like you do any aircraft. Instead of 'flying' you stay on the ground! :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just like a plane without elevators.

Nicer with a yoke, & with a twist grip joystick, twist to stear.

FS2004 also has a whole range of F1 racing cars & a track, so network racing is great fun.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Joystick adaptability for all current and future devices with no addons

no MagDev (Magenetic Deviation)updates to maintain

Cirrus Aircraft (SR22/SR20/SF50G2) 

Compatibility with third party add-on(scenery and aircraft)

Chaseplane 'like' view control

Major and Minor Updates - How will they work?  

I have 3 suggestions which would be nice additions to the default sim, those are 3 addons I use in XPlane, some are payware and some are free:

- Chartfinder (free): You enter the ICAO code and it searches through all the internet for the all the charts available ( very few of them are outdated)

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/50991-charts-finder-2/

- Airport Navigator (free): Features a mini translucent airport map which moves with you, you can toggle taxiway names and zoom so you wont get lost in International airports anymore.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34155-airport-navigator/

- PACX (payware): this one simulates actual passengers. You can actually see their individual names, age, and for each one if they are hungry, afraid...

https://tfdidesign.com/pacx.php

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I have 3 suggestions 

Chartfinder yes,

Airport Navigator the FS1 Garmin 750 gives me that in P3D I suppose the Garmin in FS20 will too,

PACX bof...  (French colloquial to express  skepticism 😋), I'd like better Heidi or the crying baby in the 377 (not that I ever made him/her cry, mind you <where is this Pinocchio smiley ?> )

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, domkle said:

Chartfinder yes,

Airport Navigator the FS1 Garmin 750 gives me that in P3D I suppose the Garmin in FS20 will too,

PACX bof...  (French colloquial to express  skepticism 😋), I'd like better Heidi or the crying baby in the 377 (not that I ever made him/her cry, mind you <where is this Pinocchio smiley ?> )

The idea of having something like PACX is to be worried of many other aspects when you fly: touchdown, turbulences (I think we will really have to avoid stormy clouds) in order to have a better "score" at the end, it's more like a challenge.

ASOBO please read these words very carefully. Maybe you should copy and paste and make these words a part of your desktop as a daily reminder. Do not even think of releasing this masterpiece until you have read and adhered to these two requests because it will be a sad day for veteran simmers & real pilots if you do not meet & exceed these expectations.

1) I want to be able to do a VFR flight on any available airplane & airport on day of release.

2) I want to be a able to do a full IFR flight on any available airplane or airport on day of release.

What I've seen so far from the ASOBO team is remarkable, but if I can do the above in FSX, then I better be able to do it in FS2020 on day of release.

BTW, I still can't do a full VFR flight in XP11 because it's missing ATC for VFR ops and that's sad.

FS2020 price maybe: $69.69

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

ASOBO please read these words very carefully. Maybe you should copy and paste and make these words a part of your desktop as a daily reminder. Do not even think of releasing this masterpiece until you have read and adhered to these two requests because it will be a sad day for veteran simmers & real pilots if you do not meet & exceed these expectations.

1) I want to be able to do a VFR flight on any available airplane & airport on day of release.

2) I want to be a able to do a full IFR flight on any available airplane or airport on day of release.

What I've seen so far from the ASOBO team is remarkable, but if I can do the above in FSX, then I better be able to do it in FS2020 on day of release.

BTW, I still can't do a full VFR flight in XP11 because it's missing ATC for VFR ops and that's sad.

That's like asking a car manufacturer "i want to be able to drive the car when I buy it" - why on earth do you think you wouldn't be able to fly in the sim on day of release? 

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

why on earth do you think you wouldn't be able to fly in the sim on day of release? 

He is talking about the full experience (ATC, Sids/Stars etc...)

The same music as in FSX. Sorry guys... I love it.

Spoiler

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video.

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

One more Corona for You.

I want the Sable Island Aerodrome to be represented some how. It isn't an actual Aerodrome, just an improvised dirt runway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sable_Island_Aerodrome

On 12/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, Mad_Mac said:

Real time weather: realistic aircraft response to head and tail winds, cross wind landings, Mountain wave action, wake turbulence.

That's demonstrated in one of the earliest Featured Episodes they released.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, Mad_Mac said:

5. Support for 3rd party add-ons. 

This has been confirmed as well.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, n4gix said:

Load them just like you do any aircraft. Instead of 'flying' you stay on the ground! :laugh:

They are also boats people have made.

Edited by Tuskin38

10 hours ago, Noooch said:

The idea of having something like PACX is to be worried of many other aspects when you fly: touchdown, turbulences (I think we will really have to avoid stormy clouds) in order to have a better "score" at the end, it's more like a challenge.

I agree, this does create another challenge that pilots have to deal with.

I plan to work my way up to bigger and bigger planes.  Hopefully there is a career path/mission. And when I start hauling cargo, I want to see cargo in the back.  And when I start carrying passengers, I want to see them in the back as well.  And hopefully those passengers react to the flight, rather then not at all as if they didn't exist.

22 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They are also boats people have made.

With all the wind effects, a sailboat might be interesting.  I wonder if they will render the ocean floor.  https://techcrunch.com/2013/02/28/bing-maps-now-shows-ocean-floor-topography-gets-updated-base-satellite-image-and-almost-14m-sq-km-of-new-high-res-imagery/

Edited by GlideBy