Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

On 12/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, n4gix said:

Load them just like you do any aircraft. Instead of 'flying' you stay on the ground! :laugh:

🤣 Wouldn't it be cool to get an MSFTCBS (Microsoft Flight Train Car  Boat Simulator) in one product? 😎

• Like 3

ugcx_banner.png

I would like to see that Microsoft Flight Simulator can handle native (without addon software) on-off switches with a single channel output of a controller.
Using a light switch as an example, physically a SPST switch can be used and wired to a controller. When the switch is closed, the controller gives a on signal. The controller signal is assigned to a light switch function in the Microsoft Flight Simulator. When the SPST switch is opened, the same controller signal goes off and the light in Microsoft Flight Simulator goes off.

You could think this is obvious but it is not. In X-Plane, you need two signal channels to the flight sim. One channel to activate the on function, and the other channel to activate the off function. You lose then half the controller capability. With most controllers, you then also need double the amount of wires. That or a software fix is a major PAIN in the xxx.   

Edited by oemlegoem

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

3 hours ago, MUC1 said:

🤣 Wouldn't it be cool to get an MSFTCBS (Microsoft Flight Train Car  Boat Simulator) in one product? 😎

😄 Yes would be cool, but than you need something like a "Summit". I guess it doesnt fit in your livingroom.....

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/12/17453918/ibm-summit-worlds-fastest-supercomputer-america-department-of-energy

3 hours ago, MUC1 said:

Would we need a super super super computer? :laugh:

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:24 AM, oemlegoem said:

I would like to see that Microsoft Flight Simulator can handle native (without addon software) on-off switches with a single channel output of a controller.

Do you know already it is not implemented. Not sure myself. It and many other things mentioned here on this thread my already be in the works. We are only being dribbled with small teasers about the overall simulator. Not much is known about the small things so I for one will just wait and see.

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!
  • Like 1

- "Follow me" cars

- Possibility to update AIRAC cycles via Navigraph

- Real livery traffic

- An "air taxi" module, which would give you ideas where someone wants to fly to, possibly with economic system

- Passenger & crew sounds in airliners, like in XP11 Zibo 737

- Animated co-pilot in airliners with voice checklists - I don't like to look at the empty seat on my right hand side

- Good pushback planning system like in XP11 Better Pushback

- Ah yes, and I'd appreciate a good IFR&VFR flight planning system, so we don't need to use external sites.

Edited by Kenjiro75
  • Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:24 AM, oemlegoem said:

You could think this is obvious but it is not. In X-Plane, you need two signal channels to the flight sim. One channel to activate the on function, and the other channel to activate the off function. You lose then half the controller capability.

One of the banes of any developer is the lack of consistency in sim events. While some events are "toggles," which simply changes state each time the command is sent, many are separated into two events, one command for "ON" and another command for "OFF"

Some events have other options besides the toggles, where you can "SET" an event to either 1 or 0.

In the case of programming an external hardware controller, the situation is such that one has to "read the current state of the event" before sending any commands, otherwise physical switches can easily get out of synch with the sim's internal 2d or 3d switches.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not my bright idea, but maybe a HDD or SSD with the game on , on release

For us with slow internet speed

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ILSFREAK said:

Not my bright idea, but maybe a HDD or SSD with the game on , on release

For us with slow internet speed

I'm trying to imagine downloading 95 gig over a 12 Mbps satellite connection while only being able to download midnight to 5 AM when bandwidth isn't metered.  I get 3 gig per hour, 4 from a good server.

I suggested this idea earlier.  Give us an option to buy it pre-loaded and configured on a hard drive or SSD.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thanks LHookins

As said, brilliant idea I read but couldnt remember from whom :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 3:09 AM, DJJose said:

ASOBO please read these words very carefully. Maybe you should copy and paste and make these words a part of your desktop as a daily reminder. Do not even think of releasing this masterpiece until you have read and adhered to these two requests because it will be a sad day for veteran simmers & real pilots if you do not meet & exceed these expectations.

1) I want to be able to do a VFR flight on any available airplane & airport on day of release.

2) I want to be a able to do a full IFR flight on any available airplane or airport on day of release.

What I've seen so far from the ASOBO team is remarkable, but if I can do the above in FSX, then I better be able to do it in FS2020 on day of release.

BTW, I still can't do a full VFR flight in XP11 because it's missing ATC for VFR ops and that's sad.

FS2020 price maybe: $69.69

OK Veruca Salt, OK. 

• Like 1

VR

realistic night time lighting for houses, buildings, freeways, road signs... etc..

realistic buildings and tress heights.

seasons

Good ATC

improved ground handling for aircraft.

Cockpit peripherals recognition  (MCP, FMC, radios, OHP, etc)

AI aircraft.

realistic car traffic and physics, lighting, movements, and more vehicle variety , trains, trucks...

camera movements inside and out, views and heights adjustments for pilot is very important.

Force feedback compatibility, wide joystick sensitivity adjustments. 

• Like 1

Decent mesh quality! Overall the sim looks amazing but in some areas there seem to be severe mesh issues atm. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Would be nice an A350 will be included or a G7500......

Edited by G7500