Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

As someone who has tinkered with flight sims as far back as the second Microsoft flight sim, but only for the last 2 months has really started to learn instruments, learn about flight traffic patterns, ATC (WHAT are they saying? haha), checklists, aviation maps, etc, I'd LOVE to have an instructor guide me to learn along the way..    For example, I just learned about low altitude flight levels at the 500's with 1-180 degrees being different levels than 181-360 etc...

Fascinating stuff for sure, but I'm learning, I am sure, in a very sporadic and inefficient way and I'd love if MSFS has a robust pilot school of sorts..

Also, TRACKIR 

SEASONS

CAREER MODE

etc

• Like 2

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

I know there are groups of people who fly the sim in a LAN. It would be nice if people can somehow share the geodata over a LAN. So if you all fly in the same region that not everybody has to download the data separately to his own machine. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RazorBlade said:

I know there are groups of people who fly the sim in a LAN. It would be nice if people can somehow share the geodata over a LAN. So if you all fly in the same region that not everybody has to download the data separately to his own machine. 

I would think that one person could precache an area.  Then you could copy that file over to the other computers.

3 hours ago, GlideBy said:

I would think that one person could precache an area.  Then you could copy that file over to the other computers.

It would be nice if that happens automatically. So, you fly in a LAN and you are connected with each other. One flies over an area and the system downloads the data, then the next person flies over the same area and the system downloads automatically the data from the first person. something similar is already build in the Windows servers products and is called BranchCache. Since it is a Microsoft product I guess they could borrow some technology from the Windows server team. 

• Upvote 1

I would like a built in flight instructor.  One that tells what the gauges do, and why you use them.  But tell me the rules. Like where I can or can't fly.  When I need to talk to ATC.  What will get me in trouble.  Everything as if I had an instructor teach me to get a private pilot license.  And then give me rank in the sim so that other players can see I have completed the course.

• Like 2

Procedural and gradual changes in weather: Whenever the METAR changes, the sim shouldn't change the weather abruptly but rather slowly over a period of a few seconds or minutes. It's funny when you're flying in sunny weather and all of a sudden dense clouds pop up out of nowhere because the METAR changed from clear to overcast. Same for wind or rain. Wind shouldn't go from 5 knts to 27 knts in an instant, but should rather slowly rise up and reach 27 over a period of time.

What if I want the weather to change instantly when I change it in settings? There should be a toggle near the weather settings which allows for instant vs gradual change in weather. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It has been said before, but it is worth repeating:

A user friendly way of managing addons. 

One place from where all addons can be installed, uninstalled, updated and configured.

I just returned to P3D after a two weeks break. I found that (at least) four of my addons needed to be updated. All four of them followed a different updating method, including manually uninstalling the previous version, downloading the new versions from different websites, having to re-enter my serialnumbers - which I had to look up at different websites and from emails -,  rebooting my system once and restarting P3D twice. All that followed by re-setting several configurator-apps resp. -files, again all to be found at different places. Then restarting the sim the third time, only to find that I needed to re-install all my liveries for the updated aircraft (I had made backups before fortunately...).

All in all it took me over an hour just to get started with P3D again after a two weeks break.

Asobo, please, there must be a better way.

• Like 1

I'm planning to buy a new up to date pc for FS2020.

The most important thing to me is that i can use FS2020 fine, right out of the box, without the tweaking hell of previous versions, so i can spent more time flying than tweaking.

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I 'd like to have a good AI traffic new sounds.

New spooling, reverses engine sounds.....

Hear all your AI Aircraft taking Off, landing and flying

A variety of tress shapes, color and heights.

An option to remove dirt spots from the windshield.

A higher terrain mesh.

Thanks

Evan

A bit late, but still regarding the airport episode...

• Jetways were moving way too fast, but I don't know if that video was sped up. Also they skid sideways over the ground, actually that support structure is supposed to be turning. If they can get all the rest right, they can get this one right too.
  • Also I hope for an increasing list of iconic airports during the lifetime of this sim. Would be great if they release the tools they use with the SDK to 3rd PDs.
  • Huge airports need way more skidmarks on the runway... also they have a visual glitch, they are rendered under the runway markings whereas they obviously should be on top.
  • There is still more functionality needed regarding airport lights. I haven't seen wig wag lights (I believe). I have not seen red bars at CAT III holding points. There absolutely NEED to be direction dependent lights. I think they've done this for the PAPIs but I can't remember for sure. So many airports have lights embedded in the ground with the light emitting in either just one or both directions. Be it taxiway or runway centerlines, touchdown zones, also partly approach lights if you might taxi over them. Think of displaced thresholds etc. Too bad the video showed just one short night scene. The runway edge lights were interrupted whereever taxiways intersected, this might be true for some airports but others, again, will embed their lights for those parts. Also the taxiway centerline lights were not present on the runways. Hope for fixes for all these issues.
  • Also I'd so much love to hear the thump when you hit the lights with the gear. It's actually a super prominent noise on the flight deck that adds a lot to the immersion.
  • The aprons were pretty much dark. In real life, the by far most prominent feature to recognize an aiport from above at night (speaking from more or less directly above, not approaching a runway) is the apron lighting. This totally needs to be improved.

We've seen some lightning strikes in the videos. While they certainly look impressive, I still think they just last way too long and fade in and out way too much. So I have the same concerns as I had before regarding beacons, strobes, the approach light rabbit and REIL: make the flashes as short as physically possible. To me, that would mean for one frame (or maybe two or three if running at 120 fps... who knows).

Still, I am hoping for highly active and nervous CB cells that will flash constantly, which is quite an impressive phenomenon in real life especially passing those clouds at night time.

I understand they model the world and airports from Bing data, but as Bing isn't exactly an aeronautical data provider, have they at any point mentioned other data sources? What about navaids and procedures, as they were said to be included in the Cockpit episode? Will they be maintained and updated, can they be altered or updated externally? I sure hope so. Also what about street and railroad data? Would be cool to get some info here.

As I am one of the dinosaurs with a force feedback joystick I'd really like to have support for this functionality.

Also I hope for the marker beacon audio to fade in and out as they do in real life. I can't wait to see if they will implement some sort of inaccuracy to navaids, also very common... if you ever tuned navaids from literally hundreds of miles away you know what I mean.

When they say they can model all cloud types, I wonder if they'll have altocumulus lenticularis as well. Have not seen one so far. Would be awesome to have as they are really not that uncommon.

Regarding the weather, in the latest video of the Multiplayer episode I saw it's possible to set the cloud layers down to 1 ft precision. I wonder if that allows for such a precise weather setting to practise IFR approaches efficiently down to minimums.

Edited by badderjet
  • Like 2

-User Friendly UI (already looks promising but I heard control mapping could use some work... XP11 control mapping works great)

-Built in, easy to use, thorough flight planning tool

-Comprehensive realistic ATC

-Live ATIS to go with live weather

-In depth comprehensive flight training tutorials (PPL, IFR, Multi-engine) w/ graded flights and check rides

-Basic flight training tutorials (for kids or people who want to get their feet wet in flight training)

-Combat Sim SDK (Advanced damage models, Advanced aircraft systems/weapons/sensors, and the capability to model other advanced military assets... Eventually I hope this gets there) 

Hi,

My tribute : I'd like to see few paragliders and gliders along montains' crests ! that would be very nice to locate thermal or wind lifts areas...

I'd love to pilot Paragliding in such MSFS20 wonderful world environment !

All the best in this turbulent period, and thank you so much asobo for going beyond all of our dreams !

BR
Eric

6 minutes ago, Squatdrop said:

Hi,

My tribute : I'd like to see few paragliders and gliders along montains' crests ! that would be very nice to locate thermal or wind lifts areas...

I'd love to pilot Paragliding in such MSFS20 wonderful world environment !

All the best in this turbulent period, and thank you so much asobo for going beyond all of our dreams !

BR
Eric

Hi Eric,

Have you watched the EP video about the weather ? Asobo is modeling the airflow dynamics along the slopes and over the ridges with the up- and downdrafts. It should be great for light aircraft and gliders. Unfortunately, the sim won't include a glider at release. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam