Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

26 minutes ago, domkle said:

Unfortunately, the sim won't include a glider at release. 

ALL aircraft are gliders when they run out of fuel! 😄 Even the 747 Gimli Glider. (hope I got the name right)

I'm looking forward to sailplanes and wondering if they'll model wave lift so we can do some good altitude record flights.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

12 hours ago, domkle said:

Hi Eric,

Have you watched the EP video about the weather ? Asobo is modeling the airflow dynamics along the slopes and over the ridges with the up- and downdrafts. It should be great for light aircraft and gliders. Unfortunately, the sim won't include a glider at release. 

Hi Dominique,

yep i saw that ! Sure that there are paragliding spots database somewhere, to be use for AI (or simulated) paragliding and bring some life out of cities.

BR

Eric

Edited by Squatdrop

Boy this subject opens a lot of doors!  I have not read all of the previous responses to this subject so forgive me for repeating.  They were all great I am sure.  This will be a list rather than a single item and what I consider most important to give us a great simulator to build on. 

- Freeware developer access for addon development.  (I hope some of them are included as partners).

- Sloped and undulating runways.  You know, the ruways where the airplane disappears behind a rise in the middle of the runway.

- Both commercial and private aircraft traffic.  Traffic at the non-commercial airports is also important.

- ATC for both SIDS and STARS as well as VFR traffic.

- Military aircraft. I'd hate to see the military airports as empty as in FSX.

- Flight replay with options.

- Larger aircraft wing flex.

Some things such as seasons, watercraft, microbursts, helecopters and support for trackerIR and VR no doubt have been mentioned and I heartily support them but the listed items are the things not discussed in length up to this point and, as said above, feel will round out this promising great simulator.

Thanks for listening.

Fred

6 hours ago, fcerven said:

I have not read all of the previous responses to this subject so forgive me for repeating.  They were all great I am sure.

No I don't forgive you. That's just lazy and how are you sure?

I would love to see speech recognition and TTS ATC - similar to Pilot2ATC. It gives an amazing immersion feeling and is the ultimate experience in VR. No menus, no clicking on floating windows in VR. Just pushint PTT button on the yoke and actually talking to ATC. You request clearances, give readbacks (or copilot gives readbacks and tunes radios, if you select it in settings). You can request and receive IFR or VFR clearances, request taxi instructions, request flight level changes and miriad other things. Such a great idea, especially for VR, where any interface interactions break the realism. I interact with everything else via touch controller in the actual cockpit - all switches and knobs (and I feel them clicking) so talkting to ATC is only logical. Microsoft is experimenting with Azure natural TTS, which can speak beautifully, so the only thing they need to do is to implement voice recognition and they will have the only flight sim that has this feature built-in. All technology is there, and they actually own it. Windows has speech recognition engine and TTS built-in, wich is quite good, bat Asure TTS sounds like a real person. They just need to mix in some radio noise and band-pass filter to make it sound like radio. This would be such a beautiful and logical feature to implement, and would improve immersion immesurably. I can't think of a reason not to do that. I hope they already plan on doing that, or that somebody from Asobo reads this thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Same Navdata folder for all addons!

Same flightplan format for all addons!

Also flightsimulator reads navdatas from same folder. So ILS freequencies are always correct!

All navdeatas provided monthly by Navigraph.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, 

I want Dolby Atmos or DTS X surround sound,7.1., so each speaker include fire up speakers, can have own and immersive sound.

Im ready for that. 

João 

AI being towed to remote stands during long layovers,

De-icing, stairs and paxbus (for ai and user),

Rolling stands (no pushback required) (FSX and P3d) still place pushback vehicles on them when they're not required

ATC allowing aircraft to hold short at different points/intersections (including AI)

ATC issuing holding patterns (on top of the already mentioned SIDS and STARS)

Realistic ATC runway usage which includes opposite direction landing/takeoffs (as per real-world operations in several airports when the wind permits)

Marshaller? (don't know if its included with the ground services)

Afcad editor 

AI manager (wouldn't want the AI to be flying the same flight as I am with the same callsign)

customizable airport vehicles (like in GSX)

Edited by EKRA01

Marketplace where I can purchase / install / manage all add-ons with a single click. 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:18 PM, LHookins said:

ALL aircraft are gliders when they run out of fuel! 😄 Even the 747 Gimli Glider. (hope I got the name right)

I'm looking forward to sailplanes and wondering if they'll model wave lift so we can do some good altitude record flights.

Hook

The Gimli Glider was a 767, not a 747.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 4/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, Thomasso said:

Marketplace where I can purchase / install / manage all add-ons with a single click. 🙂

This hurts third party developers my friend! One of the reasons FSX:Steam edition flopped..

10 hours ago, brunnerdzn said:

This hurts third party developers my friend! One of the reasons FSX:Steam edition flopped..

I haven't noticed much flopping over on the FSX:SE Steam forums, or in the usage counts.  You can also purchase add-ons outside of Steam and install them.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;