Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

I expect regional airports to be packed with AI GA aircraft and Executive airports packed with AI business jets of all types  just like in real life (No airliners unless the airport is hybrid).

Thank you for a great job!

Of course what I forgot, since there'll be that C152: I want a more believable truely Cessnaesk stall horn, that reacts and sounds like its real counterpart. Not just one sound file, I want that weird on-off whining when you're just hitting that critical α. 😁

• Like 1

Would like to see some basic AI and ATC blunders from fsx days removed, and atleast things like rolling takeoffs, brake to vacate equivalent, efficient runway exiting and crossing, realisitic beacon and strobe light use, adjustable taxi speeds, realistic ground turns, engine startup sounds and times, realistic non disappearing contrails, enroute airway/waypoint following, and other such quick and easy to implement quality of life enhancements for better air traffic experience added.

Edited by him225
  • Upvote 1

And another thing I forgot (I believe) is realistic marker beacon sounds, at least on aircraft where applicable. Fading in and out. Even if they tend to get less and less irl. They really don’t just pop in as they did in FS98.

I would love to hear the ATC talking to the pilot's in the Live Players mode. I know it's technically probably not possible because the live traffic is controlled by real time ATC.

But at least have ATC signing off with a new frequency for the pilot when he leaves the airspace, and identify themselves when entering the new controller space with ATC acknowledging them, 'radar contact' . This must be do-able. It will add more immersion hearing the planes in your airspace, knowing what's going on around you.

Also, I hope the call signs are spoken as in real life, i.e. "Speedbird" for British Airways and "Cactus" for US Airways. With an additional "heavy" for the larger aircraft.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

let me put it this way I get im in the minority here, Im looking for a game not some complex tool to float my ego as check some list but beside that her we go.

1. Clean simple fun yes it can be scale iin many way to meet the demand of who ever im excluding the majority that make up this market one who has a fancy in depth and complex. A long day driving a bus should mired with a hobby which suppose immerse me into flying but I said Im excluding no one just make scale able to product that trying to sell( I dont want to hear anything about Microsoft Flight filing the community). thank you
  2. Built in tool such as A.l management one click no fuss and ergonomic, a highly use paint tool to create what ever level of repaint liveries the user can create no reliance on external complicate utilities.

In all i more competent optimization internal the team and less hands off approach like former flight sim development team, again not excluding other want an need i feel this not brought up enough. I look for one click simple and fun not what ever float boat no pun intended.😎🤘    

-Aerial firefighting airplanes, helicopters and missions. 

- hot air balloons

- airships

- gliders

- helicopters

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Also, I hope the call signs are spoken as in real life, i.e. "Speedbird" for British Airways and "Cactus" for US Airways. With an additional "heavy" for the larger aircraft.

They said Speedbird even back in FSX so I would assume that’s possible. But don’t even think they say heavy or super all the time irl. They just don’t.

I don’t know much about the TTS stuff, but if it was feasible in the long run it would be total immersion to have international accents. I’d freak out.

Also, since we saw that recent ATC video, I do hope they will do different phrases for the same instructions. At least in the long run, maybe not yet for the first release.

8 hours ago, Aces6 said:

Built in tool such as A.l management one click no fuss and ergonomic, a highly use paint tool to create what ever level of repaint liveries the user can create no reliance on external complicate utilities.

Not sure if I follow your post, but if you want a game then you should get one. Can even do that on an iPad. Might float your ego fine. Just load and go. The „fun“ of a flight sim is it’s realism, obviously including the real complexity.

Also I beg to differ on an internal paint tool. This just makes to sense. Maybe some easier import process would be practical, but you just need pro tools for pro repaints. Why would they recreate this in a sim? To what end? I would not expect them to include VS to code gauges… (if there were still around in their binary format, which isn’t exactly set in stone)

Edited by badderjet

5 hours ago, badderjet said:

ot sure if I follow your post, but if you want a game then you should get one. Can even do that on an iPad. Might float your ego fine. Just load and go. The „fun“ of a flight sim is it’s realism, obviously including the real complexity.

Also I beg to differ on an internal paint tool. This just makes to sense. Maybe some easier import process would be practical, but you just need pro tools for pro repaints. Why would they recreate this in a sim? To what end? I would not expect them to include VS to code gauges… (if there were still around in their binary format, which isn’t exactly set in stone)

excuse me did i wrote that my position is just A Minority Point of view, not to give this notion of this isnt a game blah blah blah.

How is Microsot going to sell this game to how many more can they reach when the eliminate the Barrier of entry.

Yes you want Study Level but I dare say that consumer market is very small vs selling it a market will to pick it up and scale up as evolve the product to meet a need.

Who have 100 plus dollar a month just spend on external tool to make repaints of aircraft and like the tedious means of pain staking twerking it into one sim experience.

Yes your expectation of simming is different then mines Im not saying exclude one over the other but scale the the product to mean a broader audience.  

On 5/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, badderjet said:

Of course what I forgot, since there'll be that C152: I want a more believable truely Cessnaesk stall horn, that reacts and sounds like its real counterpart. Not just one sound file, I want that weird on-off whining when you're just hitting that critical α. 😁

Since with that one "update" this seems to be confirmed, I'll continue with something else: I totally want the old slew mode. One of the current "updates" suggests there will be one, but I just wanted to make sure it's been requested. 😅

A couple of more things:

1. In the sim navdata hope they put for the "fix ident" waypoint in their approach header data the first waypoint in the runway approach path (eg CI25) or at least the first one having the published approach altitude, instead of the last waypoint from the runway (eg FI25) as is invariably the case in FSX. As a bonus it will fix AI coming too high too close to intercept on approach at most airports and be more realistic.

2. Native support for engine sound volume transition with aircraft altitude, to be able to account for air density variation. So that it dont require partially playing sound from external to sim coding as currently.

This is regarding key assignments. As I am not an alpha tester, I don't know what might be there or not. A very long time ago, there was a sim by SubLogic called "Flight Assignment A.T.P.". It had very useful key mappings. The keys were sub-divided into categories and categories used one of the shift-modifiers like Shift/Ctrl/Alt/None. Their categories were:

• Aircraft Controls (no modifier): e.g. pitch/roll/yaw, thrust, flaps, gear, etc.
  • Aircraft Simulation Controls (no modifier): e.g. pause,etc.
  • Navigation Controls (Shift modifier): e.g. NAV1/2, setting their frequencies and OBS etc.
  • View Controls (also Shift modifier), e.g.: Shift-<NumPad> to control view direction
  • Communication Controls (Ctrl modifier): e.g. tuning the COM radios
  • Simulation Controls (Alt modifier): e.g. quiet, slew modes, etc.

This used only the basic modifier keys. However, we could now distinguish between left Ctrl/Alt/Shift, the not so useful CapsLock key could be used for a purpose, The Windows key and the Menu Key could also be used as a modifier and maybe combos like ctrl-shift too. With a system like this, for those who want to use this instead of hitting small mouse rectangles in the VC, one would have much easier control over everything.

I guess the sim will have a well-known keyboard map, but I hope one can create a 2nd map with fresh more logic assignments.

• Like 1

Siggy Schwarz

Good suggestion Siggy. 

Concerning the mapping, I hope that any function of the cockpit can be assigned to a key and a button/switch of a joystick/yoke without the need of a fancy addon or a lua script. Even 3rd party aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Interesting. What do you think about key commands in general, and how did you like the way it was in FSX? Although I have not touched any desktop sim in 5+ years, I still believe that I have all the most common key strokes in muscle memory. I would not mind if they retained the old concept. No idea though how it was in P3D, any comment?

Alright, to complement my continuous whining and complaining about the fear of unrealistic airport lights in that amazing brand new sim, I was finally able to take a short video of what the sequences flashes and REILs are supposed to look like. I'm still a bit irritated so many seem to be concerned about how and if city or street lights will be life-like if even the most basic, actually aviation related lighting issues are not fixed compared to past versions. In a FLIGHT sim, that is. I slowed the video down in the middle so the effect can be seen a bit better, but excuse the 30 fps rate only as I forgot to turn that up on the phone before shooting.

The rabbits consist of actual flash tubes irl AFAIK, so that's why there should be no fading in and out, their duration should be super short, and since there is usually one of those flashes mounted to each horizontal bar of approach lights (mostly five in a row), there should be a visible and significant difference in brightness to the static lights. As much as I hate this, but since we mostly don't have HDR hardware this could be done by some visually "bigger" and more blurred light. Actually just like in the video below.

The rabbit will absolutely not be active just because it's dark, especially and even less under CAVOK conditions. I don't know if there are exact values to be followed, but they will usually get switched on under definite IFR conditions only. If those, however, are not that bad again and with fairly "good" visibility while still being IFR, I've heard numerous pilots ask for them to be turned off because of their intensity, which can be quite distracting on final approach.

There might be some differences if we look at different runways internationally, but the general frequency of the sequence is pretty much exactly 2 Hz. The REILs will fire off once the rabbit reaches the threshold, wihch can be seen in the video as well.

On a side note, I'd greatly appreciate if MS/Asobo could somehow simulate the different brightness levels the airport and runway lights offer. In clear nights it's not uncommon to have them at 1% of their full brightness only, with higher levels in worse wx conditions.

What can be seen as well is how the lights light up the moisture in the air volumetrically, an amazing effect that I wish would make it into the sim, but I don't know how feasible this is on today's hardware.

Finally, as I stated elsewhere before, the probably most important feature of these lights that has to my knowledge never been implemented, at least never in the MSFS series, is the light propagation through fog (for the lack of a better wording, excuse my English). Look at all those heavy IFR landings on YT like here, you'll easily notice the lights will be discernible a long time before any other ground feature can be visually recognized (which is basically the reason for having lights in the first place).

Then go ahead and compare them to some good old FSX or P3D footage, and you'll see how this is totally not happening. It is completely obvious the lights pop in at the exact same viewing distance just as any other ground feature gets enough contrast to become visible, rendering the whole lighting system pretty much useless.

In fact, I remember an old blog post of some FSX dev member back in the days explaining why this effect was missing because it was so hard to accomplish. I dearly hope we have moved forward in the meantime.

Edited by badderjet
  • Like 1