Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Wouldn't it of been funny....

Guest Binkles

Imagine if Microsoft had not allowed any activations of FSX before the 17th October.....There would be soooooo many peeved people, and I could see microsoft saying."Sorry you should not have a copy till the 17th October, please contact the place you purchased in regards to your software"

Guest allcott

Wouldn't it be funny if MS traced all the activations back to source using the serial numbers and penalised the retailer for breaking an embargo?Allcott

It's not our fault MS is holding it back until the 17th in the USA.Future Shop and Best Buy Canada had advertised the Oct 5th date for a week before....MS must have known about it.Talk to MS not those of use who were able to buy it.FaxCap

I dont think I am all that excited to get it until there are something other than default planes and default airports to fly with and too. Think I will see FSX in January.

I dont think I am all that excited to get it until there are something other than default planes and default airports to fly with and too. Think I will see FSX in January.

>I dont think I am all that excited to get it until there are>something other than default planes and default airports to>fly with and too. Think I will see FSX in January.Now that I've done some FSX flying I tend to agree. Don't get me wrong I can see how FSX will be fantastic by this time next year.I tried to add a couple of aircraft from FS9....it's the panels that will need tweaking....all the old non-XML gauges seem to choke. The aircraft I tried fly very well and look great but some gauges are missing. You are warned about it when the aircraft is loaded.The only aircraft in Avsim's FSX Original Aircraft area is NOT ready for FSX. At least half the gauges choke FSX.I really have to admit seeing all those baggage trucks running up to your 737 is kinda kewl! :-)FaxCap

>Imagine if Microsoft had not allowed any activations of FSX>before the 17th October.....>>There would be soooooo many peeved people, and I could see>microsoft saying...Thankfully, we had confirmation just a few short minutes after the FIRST reports of the product being on the shelves from TDragger that Microsoft was indeed allowing activations to take place. So it really wasn't a worry for those seeking (*and finding) it early!-Greg

Guest guyjr

Won't it be funny 100 years from now when historians try to get FSX running on an ancient PC sitting in a museum somewhere, but can't because Microsoft no longer exists to activate the software?}( :-halo :-bat

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

I have to say, this has been one of the WORST managed releases I've seen of a major title in at least a good 5 years....Most game manufacturers only have a 2 week window between RTM and "Release Day". That means that the first copies are arriving at stores no more than a day or two before release day, which limits the "leak" issue and frenzy.I really don't see why MS/ACES had a 4 week window from RTM to release day.... That's just begging for screw ups like the BB+Walmart situations to happen. Let's remember that the typical stock person at a retail store isn't much above "knuckle dragger" in the grand scheme of things... They don't pay attention to release dates or "do not stock until xxx day" notices... They're lucky they can breathe let alone read!If MS were trying to get enough copies produced so they could do a massive world-wide release on day 1, they shouldn't have shipped ANYTHING from their own warehouse to distributors until 5-6 days prior to release day.... That would have given the distributors PLENTY of time to get them into stores in time for release day but at the same time limited "jumpping the gun" situations.So, frankly, IMO, anyone who managed/manages to get it early through the mistakes in the system, GOOD FOR YOU! It's not your fault....--2002cbr600f4i

>Won't it be funny 100 years from now when historians try to>get FSX running on an ancient PC sitting in a museum>somewhere, but can't because Microsoft no longer exists to>activate the software?>>}( :-halo :-bat LOL. But can you say with certainty that Microsoft won't exist anymore 100 years from now? :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest BrianC

Gauges and textures sometimes go in other directories now. For example RealAir textures that used to be shared between different paint schemes were in the global texture area but now have to apparently be duplicated in each variant's texture directory. Same goes for gauges.I have all my RealAir, FSD, Dreamfleet planes working in FSX. The main gotcha is that the configuration load utilities they include do not work for FSX.

Guest neslesman

Don't kid yourselves, MS is laughing all the way to the bank. Tens of millions of dollars worth of free positive hype and attention just makes Mr. Gates sleep well.If it weren't for the fact that they didn't have to I would say all this broohaha was orchestrated by Microsoft but in reality all the Best Buys and Future Shops and inventory clerks unwittingly or not did the job for them.When Microsoft says they are "looking into" the early releases they are merely paying lip service, what all those happy executives are really looking into is product catalogues and travel brochures so they can decide what they are going to spend their bonuses, and just in time for Xmas at that.Has CNN done a story on this yet, LOL? If not I'm sure someone at Microsoft will happily pass the story on to them.

Guest pem227

The default aircraft are generally very good in FSX especially the VC's. I'm really digging the Maule, the Beaver and some of the other GA planes. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Phil

Guest Charlie

>Won't it be funny 100 years from now when historians try to>get FSX running on an ancient PC sitting in a museum>somewhere, but can't because Microsoft no longer exists to>activate the software?>>}( :-halo :-bat I'm glad you raised this point and I don't consider it funny at all. Microsoft could be gone in TWENTY years. Doesn't even take much of an imagination to consider that possibility. I'm not predicting it

>I'm glad you raised this point and I don't consider it funny>at all. Microsoft could be gone in TWENTY years. Doesn't even>take much of an imagination to consider that possibility. I'm>not predicting it

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]