Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Wouldn't it of been funny....

Guest Charlie

>Even if MS would be gone in just 10 years... it's like you'd>complain today of not being able to play with FS95. Would you>complain? :)>Of course I would!But the answer in reality is no, because I will never purchase a software product where my original CD in hand (or computer) still avails me no control of it's use. So I will never have that problem.I still had a Commodore 64 until a few years ago and enjoyed firing it up once in a while to look nostalgically at "Kennedy Approach" or "Red Storm Rising". I also enjoy my 1963 pristine condition Peter, Paul, and Mary "In the Wind" album whenever I want, secure in the knowledge that Peter, Paul, and Mary granted me time unlimited permission to do so when I bought the album.

>>I really don't see why MS/ACES had a 4 week window from RTM to>release day.... That's just begging for screw ups like the>BB+Walmart situations to happen. Let's remember that the>typical stock person at a retail store isn't much above>"knuckle dragger" in the grand scheme of things... They don't>pay attention to release dates or "do not stock until xxx day">notices... They're lucky they can breathe let alone read!I'll be sure to pass that along to the real people actually working for a living in your home town.

Yes, but the ones that have got it earlier wouldn't have been able to boast about their premature aquisitions.I hope MS does prosecute them all, rules are there for everyone to adhere too, that way it keeps things balanced properly.On the other hand, 'MS' is condoning it by activating the program before the release date?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Binkles

Why an I-Dot?I would of found it bloody ironic, certainly a perfect way to ensure that your software isn't released early.Imagine the backlash and how quick BB would of stopped selling it when every one went off their tree at them.MS would of had every right in the world to of enforced it.Voicing that out loud does not constitute being an I-Dot?Or is that something I shouldn't be allowed to do in these forums.

>Yes, but the ones that have got it earlier wouldn't have been>able to boast about their premature aquisitions."Premature"??? FSX availability was advertised a week in advance here in Canada by both Future Shop and Best Buy. Yes, BB owns FS but two separate flyers both of which stated Oct 5th as the day FSX would go on sale.MS had tons of time to respond. There is more to this story guys.FaxCap

Guest allcott

No-one is blaming the customers for taking advantage of the retailers error - that's called `commerce` and goes both ways. The problem is not between us and MS, it's between MS and their vendors. Not our problem, but should be funny to watch!But as for the idea that having something on CD means you `own` the product - oh! man you crack me up! :)Almost ALL software is sold on a license basis - you NEVER, EVER own the software, all you have paid for is the license to use it. All you have the rights to do is what the license tells you. Read the EULA you agreed to with a mouse click that showed you read it, even though you didn't. And prepare for a shock.And as for your Peter, Paul and Mary, it's exactly the same in the music world. In fact, if the copyright were to change hands then the new copyright owners would be within their rights to barr all previous CD's from being played. OK< so only a fool, a lunatic or the RIAA would do so, but that is the law. And no matter how many times you listen to Blowin' in the Wind you don't own that song, only the legal right to play it, and that within some very strict limitations.The blunder here is solely a marketing ####-up. Don't you just love it when the marketing department stuff it up! Makes the rest of us who actually `produce` something happy for the whole day!Allcott

>But as for the idea that having something on CD means you>`own` the product - oh! man you crack me up! :)Once again acronyms cause more trouble than they're worth! :-)In my first post "BB own FS" meant Best Buy owns Future Shop".FaxCap

Guest Charlie

Allcot,I'm convinced you frequent these forums for the most part just to hear yourself talk and you miss the point completely with this babble.No one other than you used the phrase "own the product". And I'm far from persuaded as to your legal credentials to speak authoritatively on the subject of the license that my "In the Wind" album is. Nor do you have any basis for "Read the EULA you agreed to with a mouse click that showed you read it, even though you didn't. And prepare for a shock."Now YOU prepare for a shock. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest killerwatt

I'm already looking forward to the premature release of FSXI! The furore that I read on these forums is the most amusing and entertaining time I have had here in ages. :+