Sign in to follow this  
OHN

fsx --How do you have fuel truck and baggage guys come at airport

Guest charlesk

what is the command to have the fuel truck and baggage guys come?I tried control j and i can get the jetway but nothing else happpens.Also, i notice the control j only works with fsx aircraft.

SHIFT-F will call a fuel truck, not available at all airport. Baggage carts when you open the doors "not sure about that" SHIFT-E and SHIFT-E-2.

Guest GA Flyer

Does Shift F work for all a/c parked anywhere or just at the gate for big planes? Can a 172 order fuel parked at the ramp is what I am asking.

I only called a fuel truck from a Helicopter so i guess it works with all planes and parkings, if a fuel truck is available at the airport.

I have tried all possible key combinations and can't seem to get the baggage carts to service the aircraft (using the 737-800). I can get the doors open (Shift-E), attach the jetway (Ctl-J) and call the fuel truck (Shift-F) but there's abosolutely no keystroke or event I've discovered yet that causes the baggage carts to come to the aircraft. BTW, you must have your "Airport Vehicle Density" setting high enough for there to be a fuel truck available.Also, when going through all the keyboard assignments there's not a setting for the baggage carts. I assume they're set to work when opening the doors but it's not working for me.Any ideas?DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Doug, you must open the Cargo Door(s) for the baggage loader/cart to appear... Shift-E, 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill... apparently that command does not work for the 737. I've tried it over and over and all it does is cycle the main door.Thanks!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest nigel28

make sure you park a few feet past the front tire line. I noticed in the beta that there was a bug where your aircraft had to be past the line before the baggage carts would activate. Try that and see if it helps. If you cant get it the first time, hit "y" and slew a few feet and uncheck "y" and see if they start moving.

Guest archtx

I notice in the aircraft.cfg file for the CRJ (demo 2) that in the exits section is an entry for a cargo exit. Does that exist in the 737 cfg? I would think when you key that exit to open is when the cart would be summoned.

...you also need to wait a bit... sometimes it takes up to five minutes before the loader and carts begin moving! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest GA Flyer

So what happens when the fuel truck gets there? Does it top off your tank or does it pull up the fuel window to add the amount of fuel you want? Also are there noises like hearing the truck pull up and leave?Its a shame that its a keystroke to do this instead of tuning into unicom and requesting it via the ATC window.

OK, I finally figured it out. The baggage service is indeed tied to opening the cargo doors... I just wasn't fast enough hitting the number 2 key after pressing key combination Shift-E. Shift-E (or Shift-E and 1) will open the main door. Shift-E followed quickly by pressing the number 2 key open the cargo door and calls the baggage service. Works like a champ.Oh, and while watching the action after about 5 minutes the baggage tug/cart left the conveyor and drove back to its parked position at the terminal. Then, after a minute or 2 it returned to the conveyor to pick up another load. It apparently cycles like this untill you close the cargo door. When you command the cargo door to close (Shift-E and 2) the conveyor disengages and haeds back to the terminal. However, the conveyor "crashed" in the aircraft and rebooted the flight. Bummer :)DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay