Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

2d pop up panels don't show in P3d v4.5

Hello all,

I have had an interesting problem with P3d v4.5. I don't clarify if its been with HF1 or HF2 applied because its been happening for quite some time and neither of those hot fixes where out when the problem started.

Anyways, this happens with any PMDG, FSLABS and really any other payware airplane that utilizes pop up 2d panels.

Here is the issue...

When i click on the FMS or use any of the SHIFT+ "n" commands, the panels wont pop out or pop up..whatever term you want to use. I will see the individual screen on the actual VC  modeled panel flicker but no 2d panel. Sometimes, when I try to bring up the 2d panel, it causes my mouse to not be able to click any other portion of the VC until I right click in a random part of the screen and click "close window." its as if trying to get a 2d pop up of the FMC or whatever is opening one big huge window. Either way, I cant figure it out. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Being unable to click VC spots indicates that 2D panel is brought up, but not displayed to you. If you already haven't, then try clearing shaders.

10 minutes ago, Evros said:

Being unable to click VC spots indicates that 2D panel is brought up, but not displayed to you. If you already haven't, then try clearing shaders.

Just tried that. No luck.

Matt kubanda

Have you tried accessing them through the drop down menu.. Vehicle... Instrument panel …. to check if they are there.

bob

If it's any help, I find that when called for the first time in a session,

the 2D panels can take several seconds to appear.

This happens with all 2D panels, regardless of who developed the aircraft.

It may be that you need to click once and then wait.

At least, that is my experience.

15 hours ago, onebob said:

Have you tried accessing them through the drop down menu.. Vehicle... Instrument panel …. to check if they are there.

bob

Here's what happened when I did that. All the different panels are there to select from. However, when I select them....the check mark appears in the box corresponding the panel in the drop down menu but no panel actually appears....interesting...

Matt kubanda

Update GPU driver? System restore?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Here's what happened when I did that. All the different panels are there to select from. However, when I select them....the check mark appears in the box corresponding the panel in the drop down menu but no panel actually appears....interesting...

The windows have a Z-order. Perhaps they are behind. In FSX you could close/resize the main 3D window, which would allow you to check this. There are probably functions (end hence key combinations) to send windows backwards and forwards in the Z-order too.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

6 hours ago, MarkDH said:

The windows have a Z-order. Perhaps they are behind. In FSX you could close/resize the main 3D window, which would allow you to check this. There are probably functions (end hence key combinations) to send windows backwards and forwards in the Z-order too.

I'm an word not allowed....

I had the 2d panel transparency set to 100%. I put that back to 0% and now everything is back to normal.

Good gfief... rookie mistake. 

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by ahsmatt7

Matt kubanda