Sign in to follow this  
4ctive

horn warning sound on final approach

Hi Guys,
I am finally at the end of my knowledge.
I am doing flight sim for over 10 years now, although I had a break the last year. I now just started again and I have the following problem:
I always get this horn warning sound on final with the 737 ngx. I am not able to figure out what the problem is. Here is a video so that you guys could have a look. You hear the warning at 3:50.
https://youtu.be/HwD1ICTV8lg

I am using prepar3d 4.5 and checked the latest pmdg updates.

I really would appreciate your help!
Greetings from Germany,
Ben

Edited by 4ctive

I believe that is the outer marker. Looking at the panel.

Jae Mcgill

Edited by Jae McGill
signature
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Jae.  

Franklin Duncan

Edited by blazer05

Franklin Duncan

Hi Jae and Franklin,

thanks for your reply. Both of you were right. But what kept me buys was that the knob was not activated when the alarm appears...

I finally figured out what causes the problem.
So the problem is no problem of the pmdg 737 ngx and also no problem of a wrong operation (at least not in the first place).
I have changed my standard saved flight scenario. I did this, because after updating p3d to 4.5 I received a msg that the plane from my standard scenario is not available anymore. So I chose the mooney as the new one. I shut the airplane completely down and saved it. The problem was: In the mooney was the mkr bcn knob on the audio/ radio panel activated. I didn't look after that and also the plane was shut down, so nothing was illuminated. What happens if you load your save scenario (which I always do at first) and then change to your fav airplane (in this case the pmdg 737 ngx) this knob stays activated, even if the knob in the 737 shows as deactivated. You can solve this by activating and deactivating the knob, which I did in the first place. The better way though, is to adjust your standard scenario.

I hope this is explained good enough (I am sorry for the language, I am no native speaker) and may help some of you.

It is the marker sound. Looking at the Blue flashing light in the Nav Display.  On the Audio Select Panel you can switch the sound to off.
Regards