Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

Those who've already installed the retail FSX - A different perspective

I've read the threads about all those lucky people who've already bought the retail Standard/Deluxe version of FSX at their local Best Buy, Walmart, etc. I won't go into the right/wrong opinions (and in some cases hard facts and legalities about release dates, etc.).Bottom line, some people are simulating with their new purchased FSX.That's good for them. Those who don't have it yet and need to wait, there's no reason to have "sour grapes" feelings. Eventually, about 12 days from now, everyone will have the opportunity to begin using the retail version of FSX.For me, while having it before others might be considered an "advantage", I look at it from a different perspective.I appreciate all those who are now flying, observing, TWEAKING their sliders and .cfg files and hopefully POSTING here what they've learned.I welcome their insight.So, when I purchase my copy in a couple weeks, I'll be able to apply their knowledge to my installation and hopefully enjoy less stutters and a smoother FSX experience much quicker!Thanks to all!JerryG

Guest pem227

Well said Jerry. I was lucky enough to find FSX deluxe at my local shop last night and will be playing and tweaking over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Note that the previous thread regarding the legalities around release date was locked so lets keep this one civil and or short. :) I thought I would just point out the following blog post. http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archi...l-the-time.aspxIt appears Microsoft is well aware FSX is on the shelf in many locations and that they don't seem to be overly concerned about it.I have zero expertise on the issue but I'd say its much ado about nothing. Phil.

After all they are on the shelves to be sold not to be taken for free.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest tdragger

I wouldn't say we're not concerned. Violation of the official date is serious and we have been contacting retailers.

Guest pem227

Ok, forget what I said :( and thanks for letting us know how Microsoft views the situation. You could always turn off the activation servers until the 17th but you didn't hear that from me. ;)Phil

quote="You could always turn off the activation servers until the 17th but you didn't hear that from me. ;)"IMHO, no they couldn't. That would be making their problem with the retailers, a customers' problem, which it is not.

I think it's right of MS not to turn off activation. That would be punishing the customers. They should go after the retailers as they are doing already.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest pem227

Yeah, I was making a joke, thus the smiley. Agreed the concerns are with retailers and not customers that are legally purchasing FSX. Phil