Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

MSFS 2020 vs P3DV4

This is easy.  MSFS2020 does not exist.  P3d v4 does.  I will always prefer something which exists to someone's fantasies.

If and when MSFS2020 is released, we will have something which exists, and a valid comparison can be made at that time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

va·por·ware
/ˈvāpərˌwer/
nounINFORMAL•COMPUTING
software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

By that absurdly broad definition, any unfinished software that has been advertised, is vaporware.

"Vaporware" is generally considered to be software (occasionally hardware) that has been advertised, but for which there is dubious evidence of it's actual existence, or existence in the form being advertised.  It's not tangible - it's "vapor".

People have literally sat down and used MSFS for hours since at least September.  There were kiosks with a functioning build of the sim at XO19 last week.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, tjstreak said:

This is easy.  MSFS2020 does not exist.  P3d v4 does.  I will always prefer something which exists to someone's fantasies.

If and when MSFS2020 is released, we will have something which exists, and a valid comparison can be made at that time.

Yes, and then we will find out about FPS, what Kind of PC do you need to run it,  subscriptions, data usage, does it have seasons, ATC, realistic AI, small airports that are included, up to date nav data, etc. etc. Until then, nobody really knows....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, and then we will find out about FPS, what Kind of PC do you need to run it,  subscriptions, data usage, does it have seasons, ATC, realistic AI, small airports that are included, up to date nav data, etc. etc. Until then, nobody really knows....

I agree that we don't have concrete answers to these questions yet, but they don't speak to the software's tangible existence.

At the September preview event, they didn't even restrict attendees to some carefully curated vertical slice of the game they had buffed to a mirror shine - they let them fly anywhere on earth, from any airport they wanted.

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

new computer software that has not yet been produced and which is likely never to be released or not to work as promised

That was the definition I was looking for (and meant) - and I re-iterate my original question.

@Bobsk8 - please stop throwing definitions around, which aren't what is meant. I mean, come on... You know very well, what meaning lies behind the phrase 'vaporware'! Especially used in this context.

Unless you're just trolling, of course.

*SIGH*

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Apart from the fact that the initial post is completely inconsistent, self-contradictory, overdramatic, entirely hypothetical and asking questions no one can answer at this point, it also looks like this has the potential to turn into the next avsim blockbuster thread.

LOL!

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Certainly would be an interesting/bold advertising approach, for sure. FSLabs provides stunning new previews & details for their vaporware, A321-X

1 hour ago, awf said:

As for visuals not even close and as for the skies oh well 😉 Time will tell and then you could still enjoy both, but my guess is we will see a major move...

But then again we have still folks enjoying FS9 😨

With my Full size cockpit I need a program like WidevieW so the server can control the client ...

And I guess that such a program will not exist when MSFS is released..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You know it’s a slow news day when the semantics of vapourware is the topic de jour. Reddit will love this.

• Like 1

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

4 minutes ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

You know it’s a slow news day when the semantics of vapourware is the topic de jour. Reddit will love this.

I read the beginning of the thread and said "surely this isn't still going on page 3"

11 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I read the beginning of the thread and said "surely this isn't still going on page 3"

I’m sure the OP will be horrified by the environmental impact of 3 pages of waffling 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hey, those of you that think P3Dv4 holds a candle to what we are seeing here, more power to you.

I suggest you stick with the older platform and enjoy it and all your add-ons. 

To each our own. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

In this thread-

A simmer's CV and speculation about MFS.

2+ pages of "You're wrong, I'm right"

Solid days work, gang. 👌🏼

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Untrue ! All these points have been adressed clearly and loudly by Asobo.

First they confirmed positively that they had either upgraded or completly rewrited most of the old FS code but they did chose to keep the existing FSX NavData from 2006. And they said it won't be updatable, ever. Too difficult. So you'll have to deal with it.

Also they implemented live AI traffic with over 50,000 concurrent flight but they also chose to stay in 2006 so you will have outdated and non realistic AI traffic and old orbit airlines liveries, P3D with addon will be better in every aspects of Ai traffic.

You're also right about airports, they annouced 40,000, but 39,999 of those are confirmed international mega capital airport with at least three runways ; the only small airport included will be Courchevel, with no way to add small airports except by paying each via the ingame store. Price is rumored at 49$ yearly subscription for each small airport you would download.

All checked facts. A friend is currently playing the game in the alpha testing so he does actually confirm all of this. He positively says he will revert to FSX steam edition asap.

Hope you have all your answer, still might be a better idea to stick to P3D.

Post scriptum : oh, and about data usage, every 100nm of flight streaming a dolphin dies due to heat generated by Azure AI. Yes, I also have a friend who work at salvaging dolphins from excessive data transfer.

Nice thread.

Edited by tarere
  • Like 8