Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

MSFS 2020 vs P3DV4

I joined Avsim in 2005 and rolled my eyes at the eye rolling chest beating that went on. Left the forums and flightsims a few years later. Now I’m back for MSFS and I see nothing has changed. The same old tribal p’ing matches.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bottle said:

I joined Avsim in 2005 and rolled my eyes at the eye rolling chest beating that went on. Left the forums and flightsims a few years later. Now I’m back for MSFS and I see nothing has changed. The same old tribal p’ing matches.

Yes and no, Bottle. Been here like you for a very long  time, on and off , and I find there are less of  it IMHO. This thread is on the very low side of the curve, both in term of quality but also in term of numbers and does not reflect what the fs20 forum has been since June.  Fortunately. 

PS love the ears.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, enrico10999 said:

Purely environmental already a catastrophe. Virtual flying will be as harmful as real flying.  

Please STOP political statements and nonsense regarding virtual flying.

Don't get on internet at all if you so concerned about data usage and environment. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, tarere said:

Untrue ! All these points have been adressed clearly and loudly by Asobo.

First they confirmed positively that they had either upgraded or completly rewrited most of the old FS code but they did chose to keep the existing FSX NavData from 2006. And they said it won't be updatable, ever. Too difficult. So you'll have to deal with it.

Also they implemented live AI traffic with over 50,000 concurrent flight but they also chose to stay in 2006 so you will have outdated and non realistic AI traffic and old orbit airlines liveries, P3D with addon will be better in every aspects of Ai traffic.

You're also right about airports, they annouced 40,000, but 39,999 of those are confirmed international mega capital airport with at least three runways ; the only small airport included will be Courchevel, with no way to add small airports except by paying each via the ingame store. Price is rumored at 49$ yearly subscription for each small airport you would download.

All checked facts. A friend is currently playing the game in the alpha testing so he does actually confirm all of this. He positively says he will revert to FSX steam edition asap.

Hope you have all your answer, still might be a better idea to stick to P3D.

Post scriptum : oh, and about data usage, every 100nm of flight streaming a dolphin dies due to heat generated by Azure AI. Yes, I also have a friend who work at salvaging dolphins from excessive data transfer.

Nice thread.

Wow..... i mean... show the facts with links or tangible quotes or whatever, but this sounds laughable at best...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tarere said:

All checked facts. A friend is currently playing the game in the alpha testing so he does actually confirm all of this. He positively says he will revert to FSX steam edition asap.

That's amazing! Did your friend call you up from the future (sometime in December perhaps?)...

Because the Tech Alpha hasn't even been released to anyone as of this very afternoon. In fact, the last email I received on 11/18/2019  did not even predict a release date, so please stop posting "alternative facts":

Tech Alpha Update

Hello!

Getting closer!

The team is working hard to complete testing on the Tech Alpha build!

We are very close...

Once we’ve cleared test, we will begin prepping for build access and you will receive an email update with our release date.

Thank you again for your patience and we look forward to your participation!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That's amazing! Did your friend call you up from the future (sometime in December perhaps?)...

Because the Tech Alpha hasn't even been released to anyone as of this very afternoon. In fact, the last email I received on 11/18/2019  did not even predict a release date, so please stop posting "alternative facts":

In all fairness - I don't think he did... I think he was being sarcastic.

(Otherwise his post doesn't make sense)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

In all fairness - I don't think he did... I think he was being sarcastic.

(Otherwise his post doesn't make sense)

These days you're not really sure anymore when someone is being sarcastic (good that most reddit users use /s then haha). I mean, some people here have made it their life goal to declare MSFS dead on arrival.

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

29 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Wow..... i mean... show the facts with links or tangible quotes or whatever, but this sounds laughable at best...

21 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Guys, that was some REALLY blatant sarcasm from tarere's part.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Actually to me sarcasm seems to be the only appropiate way to react to threads like this.

Some people here are so serious about their "i am right and you are wrong", " i am cleverer than you" or "mine is better than yours" they don't even recognize the refreshing sarcasm that reveals the absurdity of this discussion.

As well as in the two threads about people abandoning addon developers it was clear from the first post that this thread would be going south pretty fast. At least this one was only moved from one forum to the other and not duplicated like the last one. 

Let's see what the next 15 pages of discussion will bring.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Actually to me sarcasm seems to be the only appropiate way to react to threads like this.

Some people here are so serious about their "i am right and you are wrong", " i am cleverer than you" or "mine is better than yours" they don't even recognize the refreshing sarcasm that reveals the absurdity of this discussion.

As well as in the two threads about people abandoning addon developers it was clear from the first post that this thread would be going south pretty fast. At least this one was only moved from one forum to the other and not duplicated like the last one. 

Let's see what the next 15 pages of discussion will bring.

Yeah, to be honest the opening post should have been enough to close the thread right away. Bunch of rambling baseless nonsense that you just know will stir the pot.

Edited by nikita
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nikita said:

Yeah, to be hones the opening post should have been enough to close the thread right away.

Indeed. I wish the moderators here would be more active to make Avsim a friendlier place. 

• Upvote 1

Actually I agree that this thread has reached the bottom already. There's no point in continuing.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator