Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly/Ipacs Announces Boeing 777-300ER

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/15278-boeing-777-300er/

Dear Aerofly Fans,

We're happy to announce one of the many new projects we've been working on! For quite some time it has been the aircraft with the most powerful jet-engines in the world, only surpassed by it's successor. Some say that it's engines have a diameter larger than the fuselage of a Boeing 737 and others fly around the globe with it for more than 16 hours...

It's massive but also magnificent, a very powerful and elegant airliner. A modern and very popular aircraft!
- Drum roll please 8) -

IPACS is now announcing the upcoming:

Boeing 777-300ER

kkOs7e.png

0kQTpT.png

xL9HIg.png

KI5W54.png

c5LpuQ.png

Z42rnp.png

YZ8mCx.png

lEtQuM.png

In-development screenshots, the final product might vary slightly!

The 777 (a.k.a. Triple-Seven) is approaching a release state very soon!

Our plan is to bring the Boeing 777-300ER to the iOS mobile market first because of the high number of requests from our customers. And of course we also plan to add the B777 to the Aerofly FS 2 Steam version, either as a free DLC or included in the base simulator (for free), this hasn't been fully decided yet. Release plans for this aircraft for the other platforms are not yet decided, so I don't have any further information in that regard.

The aircraft will feature

• a high quality model with very realistic looking materials
  • multiple repaints including but not limited to: Emirates, British Airways, Air France, American, Qatar, Swiss, Air New Zealand
  • an impressive sound
  • VR compatible (like all of our aircraft)
  • a pretty much fully functioning autopilot like the one in the Boeing 747
  • interactive EFIS control panel
  • working control display units (CDU) with some basic functionality like tuning radios choosing v-speeds and thrust limits
  • flight management system (LNAV/VNAV),
  • crew alerting system like in the 747 with most of the important warnings
  • flap load relief system and other goodies...
  • Like 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Not for the PCs in the initial release, and no further information. Similar to other AFS2 aircraft, fuel consumption and complex systems not simulated, including a CDU/FMC with basic functionality only. Not too much progress I would say, and no reasons to be excited about this in my opinion, except for the iOS mobile game market users.

At least is something to add to the AFS2 fleet once is released for Steam.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, edpatino said:

Similar to other AFS2 aircraft, fuel consumption and complex systems not simulated, including a CDU/FMC with basic functionality only.

I would probably wait until it's actually in people hands..... As for the default FMC; nope, I wouldn't be expecting payware quality for free. Just as with all default FMC's that I know of, it's going to have its limitations.

As of right now there are 54t of fuel on board and that is constant. This is subject to change and we might add a fuel system yet but probably not before the initial release.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, it should be just as enjoyable in the sim as the 747 and A320 with a similar level of detail except it is something new and different.  It will come with some new liveries and probably a paint kit.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

19 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I would probably wait until it's actually in people hands..... As for the default FMC; nope, I wouldn't be expecting payware quality for free. Just as with all default FMC's that I know of, it's going to have its limitations.

That's the problem with AFS2, there's no choice, you get your default B777 the way it is, and no payware quality aircraft available!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 11/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, edpatino said:

Not too much progress I would say, and no reasons to be excited about this in my opinion

Indeed. IPACS brings it as if this is something new and great but they were working on the 777 in 2016 already. It certainly isn't progess. Seems to me they are finally releasing this one to keep everyone happy and interested. I'd rather had at least one plane fully functioning instead of yet another limited 'default' plane.

• Upvote 1

Additional pictures, concentrating on the cockpit.

The final release may have some differences.

zyhrMf.png

TkTB6r.png

1kSl9K.png

fGFq7J.png

Devons rig

Don't know what's so new about the 777. They started working on it more than 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Don't know what's so new about the 777. They started working on it more than 5 years ago. 

Perhaps it was delayed by all the work done on the helicopter, scenery and other mostly free things that were given to the community.

After all, how many people could create and maintain four separate programs: Aerofly PC, Apple and Android, while also supporting a popular RC sim.....

While simultaneously creating updates and additions to same, while also developing aircraft as well. (For free!)

With a programming team of primarily two people.

I for one, appreciate the effort and commitment that this required, and freely admit I myself could never even dream of mastering the mind-boggling plethora of separate and distinct disciplines required to accomplish such a feat.

• Like 3

Devons rig