Sign in to follow this  
Abominable

Wrong altimeter settings?

The altimeter setting I am getting from Pilot2atc is making my altimeter setting light up in the plane. It is doing it at all airports. I have updated xplane and pilot2atc to 1912. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in the game or not, but it told me "altimeter setting 29.92" and when I set my altimeter to that, it lights up orange. I'm new to flight sims so perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I'm not sure. 

This the Standard pressure setting 29.92 inches USA  or 1013 hPa Europe is set when flying by reference to flight levels above the transition altitude; Altitude ! Regional or airfield pressure setting (QNH) is set when flying by reference to altitude above mean sea level below the transition level; Height.

Go to ATIS at Location airport & read /listen to the ATIS for your location Airfield.QNH. You can do this through Pilot2atc

15 hours ago, fofs said:

This the Standard pressure setting 29.92 inches USA  or 1013 hPa Europe is set when flying by reference to flight levels above the transition altitude; Altitude ! Regional or airfield pressure setting (QNH) is set when flying by reference to altitude above mean sea level below the transition level; Height.

Go to ATIS at Location airport & read /listen to the ATIS for your location Airfield.QNH. You can do this through Pilot2atc

Thank you, I believe it is working now! I wasn't able to find the altimeter read off, but I found it finally.