bvanhout

Disappearing Aircraft

Need to wait some more time guys. BTW, when you load the RT program, the GRD Traffic is there initially, but within 1 minute the GRD traffic disappears.. very strange. I might guess the data consumed by us all is too much and so now restricted. But until hear an explanation can only speculate naturally.

1 hour ago, daelight said:

Need to wait some more time guys. BTW, when you load the RT program, the GRD Traffic is there initially, but within 1 minute the GRD traffic disappears.. very strange. I might guess the data consumed by us all is too much and so now restricted. But until hear an explanation can only speculate naturally.

Nico already mentioned in another post here that this is related to inaccurate position data caused by rounding of coordinates for the traffic, and as a result Balthasar has switched off some feeds. Just before it was switched off this manifested itself in aircraft taxiing in the grass next to the taxiways. It has nothing to do with data consumption.

As others have said, the clock is ticking and each day of the subscription we are paying for empty airports. 

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

I'm very curious how after using this product for over a year, all of a sudden "bad" data is being injected. How did a data provider suddenly switch to providing bad data?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Any news about that problem? Today i try to solve the problem as i describe yesterday (6 day in the past). That dont work today.

I am very irritated and disappointed. We pay for it.

Mike

Mike Ross

49 minutes ago, MikeMarioR said:

Today i try to solve the problem as i describe yesterday (6 day in the past)

That's probably because 6 days in the past yesterday is 7 days in the past today...and it probably works as it refers to a data set on the specific date that was not corrupted.

I'm not impressed at all by Balthasar with this. As stated multiple times already, I'm paying a lot of money for a subscription service that doesn't do what it's supposed to do for a significant amount of time now, and there is absolutely zero official communication on this. My subscription runs until March, I'm quite seriously considering moving to AIGAIM free traffic before then as I have lost faith in RealTraffic. 

Nico does amazing work with PSX, and for free nonetheless! But RealTraffic is an expensive subscription, and with all those issues I'm starting to question it. Neither RealTraffic nor BGL traffic is perfect and both have their pros and cons. But according to a recent interview with ASOBO, the new MSFS2020 will utilise real traffic data out of the box, and there are going to be 3 modes (live, hybrid and representative), so hopefully no more need for extra subscriptions and additional tools running in the background.

• Upvote 1

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Hello Max, I fully agree with you. What bothers me the most is the lack of communication what is going on and if there is a solution.
Mike

Mike Ross

27 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

No news from Balthasar. No planes on the ground. 

A real dark friday. 

that is no nice.😔

He probably is in a taxiing aircraft ( that we cannot see at this moment ... ) 😁 😁

Just Kiddin’ .. 

Like you I also hope that this can be solved on a short term. The airports are so quiet ....

• Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I also miss the ground traffic. Let's hope it's only a temporary blackout, and not a permanent one. This is one of the things with internet-based services, they are always in change. Normally for the better, but sometimes a step back. Also sometimes this has to do with sources suddenly changing, and the result is this situation.

Remember the lisence on the front page of Real Traffic:

"You are acquiring a time limited license to the software, NOT the traffic data! Traffic data is provided on a best effort basis and cannot be guaranteed to be up to date or available at all times!"

From my own experience with Balthasar, he is probably trying to fix this. He has been quick to fix things before, but maybe this situation is out of his hands.

• Like 1

Vidar Haaland

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (stable at 4,5 GHZ), ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB(4GBX2) CL9, Corsair H80 watercooling,
Asus GeForce NVIDIA GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II OC

Balthasar responded to my email and wrote that one of the data sources that decided to downgrade the precision..

So instead of 4 decimals, now only 3 decimals and that leads to the sliding/jumping issues.

He is trying to make an agreement with them. but their responses are slow.
Once he has a solution in the works he will make an announcement.

He is doing his best to solve this

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I think that the server of flightradar24 would be a great server.  i pay every month a cheap subscription to fr24 and never had a problem. Almost all planes could be seen taxing in and out clearly. Could it be a way to make realtraffic uses the server that the client needed? 

If one server is not accurate why not another? I dont mind to pay 4 dollars more. 

Im also happy that balthasar will fix that. 

I have a subscription with FR24 as well, and my experience is the opposite of yours "abranpuko"

Very few aircraft taxi correctly, aircraft are flying across the screen and aircraft hovering in places for extended periods of time.

I run FR24 everytime I run RT for a comparison and the dis[lay differs quite considerably at times.

Just my 2c worth. 

Wow. In here spain... At least on my pc the data are different. Although therw can be errors the most of planes are very well on ground. 

Anyway... If its not fr24 it could be another more accurate. Just an idea... 

Hello. Still no news? 

I realize how important is ai traffic on ground. 

Kiek, thanks for the new version of psxseecon for correcting the problem with landings but, ai planes are no landing because realtraffic continues off on that way.

so, its imposible by now to see the product of your work with altitude of planes etc...because no plane is there. 

Edited by abranpuko