Sign in to follow this  
bvanhout

Disappearing Aircraft

I am also waiting on more news. I have stopped my subscription until we get more information on the matter. I would hope that a data source like FR24 can be used. Not sure if that's possible though.

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Tino said:

I am also waiting on more news. I have stopped my subscription until we get more information on the matter. I would hope that a data source like FR24 can be used. Not sure if that's possible though.

Cheers.

Me too. No more subscriptions until we get more information. 

Well, I'm not ready to cancel my subscription just yet...I still get mostly accurate airborne aircraft, and most landing and departing aircraft. Sure I'd like to see taxiing aircraft return to my sim, especially with the changes Nico has made to PSXSeecontraffic to make things more realistic. Still hoping for a solution.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

The ability to easily fill empty airports automatically with static aircraft is one reason for me to use the tool. If there is no solution, I have to look for another possibility.

Mike

Edited by MikeMarioR

Mike Ross

Nico is doing his best and with v16.12 he has already cured some of the weird taxi movements.

But it is RT that has to come up with a solution. Sometimes I see a taxiing aircraft and one time it almost arrived at a gate. But in general airports look not. alive anymore.

Surely you still have flying aircraft around you and you can line up in an approach queu but all ac that have landed in front of you disappear....

Balthasar is trying to make a deal with the company that changed the traffic data, but if that company either does respond very slowly or not , or wants extra money then I do not know if it will be solved ( Balthasar needs to cover his costs ) ...

• Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

23 hours ago, MikeMarioR said:

The ability to easily fill empty airports automatically with static aircraft is one reason for me to use the tool. If there is no solution, I have to look for another possibility.

Mike

MIke,

PSXseecontraffic fills airports with static (parked) aircraft, it's only taxiing aircraft that are mostly missing for now. Static (parked) aircraft placement is a function of PSXseecontraffic, not RealTraffic. RealTraffic provides position data for non-static aircraft.

Maybe this isn't what you mean.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

Hi Somiller,
I know that but the presence of ground traffic is a prerequisite that PSXseecontraffic
can do this. You could also edit the files manually. The tool is much easier.

Mike

Mike Ross

Hello everyone again.
Please, Balthasar, write us. I think we would love to be informed of the problems you are having. Whether they are bad or good, two weeks after, the news are appreciated and make the illusion grow. The illusion is a wonderful component for the market to work and even more so a simulator. On the other hand, we can contribute with ideas!
I am from the group of clients that loves to see air traffic on land as much as in the sky. As a customer of your product I hope to hear from you. Understandably, I don't renew my license because I need planes to be alive at airports, like in the sky.
Whatever happens, I am very sure that I am not the only one who hopes to continue using your program!
Kiek, thanks for being there and helping out!

I am starting to notice sporadic ground movements again. I watched two airbuses taxi and takeoff at EHAM. Previously they only became visible once airborne.  

Here's hoping we're starting to return to normal.

54 minutes ago, bvanhout said:

I am starting to notice sporadic ground movements again. I watched two airbuses taxi and takeoff at EHAM. Previously they only became visible once airborne.  

Here's hoping we're starting to return to normal.

I haven not yet heard from Balthasar that the switched off data source has been made active again.

But I guess that he has other worries at home in Sydney with these terrible bush fires around the city.

20 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Oh. Didnt know he was in sydney and could have those problem. I hope he is fine.

Yes he lives and works in Sidney Australia.

Edited by kiek

18 hours ago, bvanhout said:

Any clues why do my aircraft on the ground in RT show an ALT of -40ft.

Altitudes in RT are always in reference to standard atmosphere, i.e. 1013 hPa.  For the actual altitude you have to compensate for the QNH difference. But don't worry, PSXT does that for you.

Altitudes should never be negative, so it are clear examples of problems in the data source.

Edited by kiek

Hi all,

Im sure they will, but please could someone update in here if/when this matter gets resolved. I have rather reluctantly let me subscription to RealTraffic expire given current issues. Ill be sure to get straight back on it if it gets resolved.

Donated this months subs fee to PSX/ Nico given the great work that continues to be done with this application. Even though this RT issue is completely out of his hands im really impressed with updates being provided and clear warnings on home page etc.

Keep up the great work and fingers crossed to planes on the ground soon 🙂

Regards

Chris

• Like 1