Sign in to follow this  
bvanhout

Disappearing Aircraft

Real traffic`s web page is making a poll!

That is very good. They ask to us many questions. They can stop or they can continue.

I hope they can continue. I dnot mind paying a Little bit more is the server´s accuracy is better!

thanks balthasar for worry and re-appear.

Let's hope there is a market for this service and improved and more accurate ground coverage, I really appreciate real traffic psxseecontraffic combo. Can't really imagine going back to flying without it

• Like 1

Vidar Haaland

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (stable at 4,5 GHZ), ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB(4GBX2) CL9, Corsair H80 watercooling,
Asus GeForce NVIDIA GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II OC

The cost options presented in the survey show a lowest cost of $20/month - $240/year for RealTraffic using a commercial data provider - I would NEVER consider paying that much for AI traffic. If the cost of RealTraffic/PSXseecontraffic increases much beyond current cost, I'll abandon it and just use AIG and suffer the performance impact of bgl traffic...or maybe buy UTL and use AIG liveries.

I really can't imagine going back to flying without RT either, but the fact is I'm half-doing without it now...NO ground traffic, no departing traffic, and landing traffic is erratic at best. And I'll be honest...I'd almost rather have the ground traffic and give up the air traffic.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2400 ASUS ROG-STRIX GTX1070

6 hours ago, somiller said:

The cost options presented in the survey show a lowest cost of $20/month - $240/year for RealTraffic using a commercial data provider - I would NEVER consider paying that much for AI traffic. If the cost of RealTraffic/PSXseecontraffic increases much beyond current cost, I'll abandon it and just use AIG and suffer the performance impact of bgl traffic...or maybe buy UTL and use AIG liveries.

I really can't imagine going back to flying without RT either, but the fact is I'm half-doing without it now...NO ground traffic, no departing traffic, and landing traffic is erratic at best. And I'll be honest...I'd almost rather have the ground traffic and give up the air traffic.

Kind Regards,

Agreed! Some of the cost options presented there are quite frankly mind-boggling, and at least for me completely prohibitive and in no way a sensible cost/benefit.

My current subscription runs until March, but I have already switched to AIGAIM. As much as I appreciate everything Nico has done with PSXT, the current RealTraffic data issues have completely killed immersion for me.

Switching back to BGL means you win some and lose some. If you're concerned about FPS impact, I use the FSUIPC traffic limiter facility and have it set to 150 aircraft. I almost exclusively fly out of LHR in the FSL 320, and this really gave me a massive performance boost vs unregulated BGL, and I would say the difference between PSXT and BGL is now no more than 3 FPS or so. On the ground, BGL traffic is much better, the downside is obviously that it is no longer live and you get reminded of how terribly P3D handles AI traffic, i.e. wrong runway usage, no separation, horrible flow rate, go arounds etc. The upside is that you no longer have spinning, disappearing or otherwise strangely acting traffic - and I also don't have to maintain my AI fleet anymore, something that took a lot of time each week thanks to me being a bit OCD with it. You can now also hear AI traffic on the radio, something that is nice to have - and you can use the FSUIPC traffic zapper function to "kill" any aircraft that blocks the way.

I hear AIG are working on something to address a couple of these issues like separation and traffic management in sim, and with the way their AIM works at least you get quite current schedules, so the gap between "true live" and W19 schedule is there but smaller. There's always waiting for the new MSFS of course, and as I said elsewhere apparently they are including a live traffic feed for AI out of the box - so no need to spend hundreds of dollars on it.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

1 hour ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Some of the cost options presented there are quite frankly mind-boggling, and at least for me completely prohibitive and in no way a sensible cost/benefit.

I guess we are once again reminded that our hobby is linked to a professional industry where costs of live data are insanely high for personal use, when they are indeed intended for commercial use.

On some areas, deals have been made, ie. navdata and charts to get subscribtions for flightsimmers at reasonal cost levels. I hope Balthasar is able to work out a reasonable deal with data providers after the same principle, as in the end it is for non-commercial and personal use and not for competing in the commercial arena.

1 hour ago, Speedbird 217 said:

On the ground, BGL traffic is much better, the downside is obviously that it is no longer live and you get reminded of how terribly P3D handles AI traffic,

That's why I am very reluctant to turn my back on the real traffic option, and hope a good deal will be made out. The immersion with real and up to date aircraft parking at gates on airports is in my opinion unmatched so far in the flightsim history. I agree that it's almost more important than air traffic.

During these last weeks off lacking ground traffic I even experimented a little more with Lorbys live traffic, as it can generate AI flightplans for ground traffic based on Real traffic's live data. After using PSXseecontraffic the last year or so, I would say I prefer the latter, as the lorby tool leaves an impression of aircraft praking randomly all over the place, and not where they park in real life,

I would say until further notice, I'm cautionally optimistic that we can soon get improvements on Real traffic's ground data.

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vidar Haaland

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i7-2600K (stable at 4,5 GHZ), ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB(4GBX2) CL9, Corsair H80 watercooling,
Asus GeForce NVIDIA GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II OC

After feeling that the plane that arrives at his gate next to mine is arriving in the same way in real life, it becomes quite difficult to return to traffic moved by preparatory patterns.
With the afcads and the flight plans compiled in action, the airplanes accumulate in the approach phase, get stuck in the taxiways and make the framerate descend.
With psxseecontraffic and realtraffic working together, I notice that I am very close to reality (only about 20 seconds) and it is a real pleasure to notice that every day and every hour, airplanes move in a different pattern according to different contexts and that In addition, non-scheduled flights are also alive. I add up delays, small emergencies, waiting, etc, etc ...
I hope that, although we cannot be a large majority, realtraffic and psxseecontraffic continue to do the same with our support. If that means paying 10 euros more, I will. I have no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am in the same mind. I would find it hard to turn my back on RT and PSXST.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

I'm also in the same mind. I sincerely hope that Balthazar works it out.  $10 extra per 3 months I'm OK with it. My sim is dead without ground traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Magnus Petersson

Intel Core i7-8086 @ 5.2 GHz, 2x Nvidia Titan X (Maxwell) in SLI, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, 64 GB G.skill Z DDR4 3600, WIN10 PRO x64

I just took off from Amsterdam, when an Airbus A300-600F operating for DHL landed, followed by a China Southern Boeing 787-8. 

I expected both planes to dissapear on the runway but that did not happen. In fact, the A300 taxied to the Cargo Ramp with the CSN 787 taxiing to the Terminal. Honestly, I don´t know if that was just a "glitch" or

if RealTraffic is back working. Has anyone else made such an observation?

Quick question on this topic ..is it only a few players in the aircraft traffic streaming market that dictate the price or is there real competition out there that Balthazar can use to bring Nico's product to life? I would also like to know was Balthazar using multiple streams of traffic so that we could see the ground movement as well as the airborne traffic? I was just curious how that all works.

Cheers.

Seems to be working as normal now. The few airports I have tested anyway. Long may it last

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Seems to be working as normal now. The few airports I have tested anyway. Long may it last

Did it kept working longer than 15-20 minutes as last week ( last time I tried ) ground traffic only worked shortly and then stopped/disappeared like before ?

Edited by GSalden

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Did it kept working longer than 15-20 minutes as last week ( last time I tried ) ground traffic only worked shortly and then stopped/disappeared like before ?

Left it running at NZAA for about an hour and all was ok. About to test it at a big airport. Have only tested NZAA and ESGG so far

Curious what you see at EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol) and London Heathrow (EGLL)..

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0