Sign in to follow this  
tankogradets

Falcon 50 won't track Flight1's GNS 530 Course

Hope somebody can help me.

Just got Falcon 50 - was thinking I can use it with my Flight1 GNS 530.  Using P3Dv4.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to get Falcon to recognize the navigation course I have setup in GNS 530.  Manually, using the CRS settings in the aircraft, I will position the aircraft to track the Active Leg in GNS 530 within 2NM, but whenever I engage the NAV mode, the airplane turns off and starts tracking some invisible point totally not related to my course.

My GNS 530 is in GPS mode, and the Course1 and Course2 in the aircraft are aligned with the GNS active leg course.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Max

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tankogradets said:

Hope somebody can help me.

Just got Falcon 50 - was thinking I can use it with my Flight1 GNS 530.  Using P3Dv4.

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to get Falcon to recognize the navigation course I have setup in GNS 530.  Manually, using the CRS settings in the aircraft, I will position the aircraft to track the Active Leg in GNS 530 within 2NM, but whenever I engage the NAV mode, the airplane turns off and starts tracking some invisible point totally not related to my course.

My GNS 530 is in GPS mode, and the Course1 and Course2 in the aircraft are aligned with the GNS active leg course.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Max

Hello Max,

Did you run the Falcon 50 GPS Management Tool that looks like this:

42201ab731.JPG

This GPS setup tool is in a folder called FLYSIMWARE FALCON 50 INFO that I think should be on your desktop.

Al

Edited by ark

9 minutes ago, tankogradets said:

I sure did, and tried the same scenario using two GNS units or one in the cockpit, with the same result.

OK, then let me ask if you have the latest version of the Flight1 GNS530? I think Flight1 released an update in late Sept in response to P3Dv4.5 HotFix2.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tankogradets said:

Downloading the most recent version now.  Will test, report back.

OK, good.

And just to check, when the autopilot is on you should see a green AP light above the attitude indicator. I mention this because the yellow AP light on the warning panel is OFF when the autopilot is ON which can be a bit confusing at first.

Al

The AP is on and is functioning - i.e. I can manage my HDG course and maintain either my rate of climb/descent to a given ALT via VS, or via maintaining IAS.  So, that is not an issue.

If the Falcon 50 still won't follow the GNS 530 after you have updated it, I would suggest checking if the GNS 530 is working in some other a/c you have, preferably one in which the GNS 530 worked in in the past. 

Al

Well, early in my test flight (after having reinstalled GNS), and the aircraft had latched onto the navigation course and is following it.  Thank you for the suggestion!

21 minutes ago, tankogradets said:

Well, early in my test flight (after having reinstalled GNS), and the aircraft had latched onto the navigation course and is following it.  Thank you for the suggestion!

!😃!