Sign in to follow this  
FPStewy

Are planes in the demo's all default aircraft

After literally reading thousands of posts I still didn't properly find an answer to this inquiry. Does anyone have a list or know if all of these planes will come default or where they add-on's to the sim ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

34 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

After literally reading thousands of posts I still didn't properly find an answer to this inquiry. Does anyone have a list or know if all of these planes will come default or where they add-on's to the sim ?

Showing off add-ons in pre-release trailers is a no-no (and in some countries even illegal unless there's a disclaimer). So yes, those are default.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Why would they show addons in a press demo? That makes zero sense. They want to show off their game, not someone elses.

• Like 1

I'm sure they are all modeled in house by Asobo, as stated by the devs in some of the interviews we had access in the past months. 

But don't expect to see all of them in the sim on the release date, nor expect to see all of them coming to the sim. The devs, for some reason, can stop developing some of the aircrafts. We better wait official confirmations of which of the aircrafts are indeed coming to the sim. 

So far I remember them confirming the three airplanes on the Global preview event: Robin R400, Cessna 172 and the TBM 900.

Also they confirmed the Citation CJ4, the A320 Neo and the 747-800i on the X019 event. Not sure about the Carbon CUB and the Icon that were shown on the last trailer.

49 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

But don't expect to see all of them in the sim on the release date, nor expect to see all of them coming to the sim.

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Why would they show addons in a press demo? That makes zero sense. They want to show off their game, not someone elses.

53 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I'm sure they are all modeled in house by Asobo

I probably didn't mean to say that they would come from someone else, my questioning is about default planes, but it may sound like some or most might be, how should I put it, "sold separately". So my inquiry is that no one can confirm at this stage that the planes shown in the previews or at the events are included or not.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

No one here can confirm as as far as I know none of us work for MS or ASOBO. But I think all the planes they have shown in their trailers or videos ( the official MSFS ones ), will be default at some point. Now could they not have a plane completely finished on launch, I doubt it, but it could happen. Also the X-cub and the Icon 5 surely they would like to have ready at launch ( I think they will all be ready. The ones we have seen ), cause they keep showing the beautiful water and the Icon 5, but they tease us and never land it on the water 🙂 Also, they talk a lot about VFR flying and being able to land anywhere, duh the X-Cub. They almost always show the Icon 5 flying over or near water 🙂

So I think we will have at this point only. These as default are speculation, as I don't work for them.

Robin R400, Cessna 172 and the TBM 900 ( it's a TBM 930 with G3000, not a 900 )

Citation CJ4, the A320 Neo and the 747-800i

I think these are the only ones that have been in the videos, at this point? BTW, which one is the stunt type plane, Extra 300 or something? Me thinks we are missing something?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

55 minutes ago, in2tech said:

I think these are the only ones that have been in the videos, at this point? BTW, which one is the stunt type plane, Extra 300 or something? Me thinks we are missing something?

The stunt type plane is a Mudry Cap 10 and one screenshot or video did show the wing tip from a Beechcraft Bonanza.

Since FLIGHT did include an Icon and a Stearman we might get a Stearman as well. 

Edited by FDEdev

You forgot the Diamond DA62 also

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

20 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I probably didn't mean to say that they would come from someone else, my questioning is about default planes, but it may sound like some or most might be, how should I put it, "sold separately". So my inquiry is that no one can confirm at this stage that the planes shown in the previews or at the events are included or not.

I can't see why they wouldn't be default.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, Tuskin38 said:

I can't see why they wouldn't be default.

My reasoning is this and in my own humble opinion, Steam FSX has the Boeing Boeing 747-400 but it is nowhere near any quality of the PMDG 747 and from what we've seen in the demo from the 747 and every other aircraft look very professional.

I'm just trying to put the pieces together and I could be wrong but I'm highly doubting that the 747 seen in the demos are of FSX quality, unless it's a "Asobo Rebranded" under licensed sold separately aircraft. I tend to agree that we will see a C172 a Robin or a Cub but a not a professional CJ4, TBM, A320 or 747.

Again how long did it take PMDG, Aerosoft, A2A or Majestic to make these high quality aircraft and at what price, I'm having trouble believing that Asobo or all of a sudden is a high end professional next gen aircraft dev. None of the information or demos have said anything about the aircraft, so there are three options, 1) either MS is making then, 2) Asobo are making them, both of the which I doubt or 3) "partners" are involved which will be sold by MS as the publisher.

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

My reasoning is this and in my own humble opinion, Steam FSX has the Boeing Boeing 747-400 but it is nowhere near any quality of the PMDG 747 and from what we've seen in the demo from the 747 and every other aircraft look very professional.

I'm just trying to put the pieces together and I could be wrong but I'm highly doubting that the 747 seen in the demos are of FSX quality, unless it's a "Asobo Rebranded" under licensed sold separately aircraft. I tend to agree that we will see a C172 a Robin or a Cub but a not a professional CJ4, TBM, A320 or 747.

Again how long did it take PMDG, Aerosoft, A2A or Majestic to make these high quality aircraft and at what price, I'm having trouble believing that Asobo or all of a sudden is a high end professional next gen aircraft dev. None of the information or demos have said anything about the aircraft, so there are three options, 1) either MS is making then, 2) Asobo are making them, both of the which I doubt or 3) "partners" are involved which will be sold by MS as the publisher.

dont forget they are partnering with the aircraft manufacturers, and with the new file format they are supporting for aircraft models (glTF) Boeing or whoever could just export the actual model and send it to asobo, so they would use the same model that Boeing does

Every one of them is default and I see no reason when any of them won't be available at launch.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Jorge from ASOBO has stated that they are 'default', meaning they are included in MSFS.

In addition to that, ASOBO used a 28k Euro digital scanner to generate the 3d mesh, something which none of the current 3rd party developers have access to as far as I know. Creating the 3d mesh manually is extremely time consuming and represents at least 2/3rds of the foundational effort for any new aircraft.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Jorge from ASOBO has stated that they are 'default', meaning they are included in MSFS.

In addition to that, ASOBO used a 28k Euro digital scanner to generate the 3d mesh, something which none of the current 3rd party developers have access to as far as I know. Creating the 3d mesh manually is extremely time consuming and represents at least 2/3rds of the foundational effort for any new aircraft.

I believe the only development outfit (besides ASOBO) that has used this technique is JustFlight.  They mentioned their new 747 Classic used 3D scanning techniques for the VC.