Sign in to follow this  
jason74

Once FS2020 is out is it going to effect scenery developers

Hi I was thinking about the scenery developers do you think some of the big scenery developers  are going to suffer from FS2020 and loose a market or take a big hit in their sales.   When you look at the scenery in FS2020 it blows all the developers scenery away. I myself have stopped buying any P3Dv4 add-ons  apart from the NGXu until FS2020 is released and can be tested. I feel buying for P3D or FSX is like beating a dead horse and a major change after so long is immanent

Edited by jason74
  • Like 9

Jason Richards

its also going to effect weather enhancement developers, the only winners i can see are  aircraft and maybe some airport depending on how detailed the FS2020 airports will be.

• Like 1

Jason Richards

I'm pretty sure scenery designers will find something to fix in the new sim. Look at the trees for example, they're pretty generic so far, so providing a greater variety would be a start. I doubt all 40000 airports will be so highly modelled that airport designers will have nothing to do.

MS seems to be determined to provide a place for 3PDs to thrive.

Mike Beckwith

Of course, people will find something new. Eg. add new lights. Currently I only see white and yellow lights in the cities. but it would have to be much more colorful. I shared a video of the landing on LAX here somewhere. You can see a huge difference. There is still a lot missing in the world

Of course scenery developers will be needed. Even with the default AI generated scenery you will want 3rd party scenery developers for those highly detailed airports. At least with 2020, scenery devs can now worry about whats on airport property and leave the rest to MSFS2020. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

People only list a few types of developers for the most part, and that is weather, aircraft, and scenery. For sure 3rd party developers both paid and freeware for all types of development are going to make aircraft, enhance or make NEW scenery for airports and who knows what areas will need it, and a ton of other things like air hauler, push back, mission creation, career mode, training, military, maybe they will allow people to make boats, ships, buses, cars, and a bunch of other stuff my tiny brain can't even comprehend 🙂 Remember the movie " if you build it they will come ", think out of the box, who knows what new someone is going to make after the sim is released. There may be things we never thought of before? I dunno. I would think at least, although they may be static, someone would make a airport area with Snow in maybe Alaska, either before or after the Season thing gets figured out!

BTW, where are the people that were moving in the Hangar in the original trailer, or were my eyes tricking me?

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

BTW, where are the people that were moving in the Hangar in the original trailer, or were my eyes tricking me?

Possibly the start screen. It reminds me of Forza motorsport - you had people moving in the cutscenes, or the start race menu, but not in the actual race itself. (Those are 2-d sprites)

Perhaps 3PDs can help popular the world with people and animals. We see cars moving up and down the streets in the demos, but we don't see people. We see giraffes and birds in the MSFS2020 demo, but we don't see other animals. Perhaps ORBX can switch over to TE (True Elephant) Scenery.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Some products are bound to die, the coarser regional representations (thinking of Orbx Global line) and finer regional sceneries will only have the XP market to live on.

But the new sim will open a vast potential for airports, micro-sceneries and PoI.

Most of the scenery makers are not spring chicken, they know their stuff, pretty sure they will catch up.

Another thing we tend to forget, there is another platform looming at the horizon that we know nothing about, v5 ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

"Another thing we tend to forget, there is another platform looming at the horizon that we know nothing about, v5 ! "

I assume it's P3Dv5 you're thinking of? I honestly don't think LM will try to "compete" with FS2020. They have always said that P3D isn't for entertainment use (although we all know that's what the majority of the users have used it for) 

So I can't see them using photogrammetry or Azure like technology in the next version, but OK, I may be wrong, let's wait and see.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

14 minutes ago, jlund said:

"Another thing we tend to forget, there is another platform looming at the horizon that we know nothing about, v5 ! "

I assume it's P3Dv5 you're thinking of? I honestly don't think LM will try to "compete" with FS2020. They have always said that P3D isn't for entertainment use (although we all know that's what the majority of the users have used it for) 

So I can't see them using photogrammetry or Azure like technology in the next version, but OK, I may be wrong, let's wait and see.

Two points to think about :

LM has all the technologies to do the same as MS does.

I do not think a New York minute that MS will stay in the entertainment business and not enter the institutional market. Meaning that LM will have to move their behind to follow suit.

Wait and see indeed !

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 minutes ago, domkle said:

LM has all the technologies to do the same as MS does.

Except for the (multi-billion-dollar?) global server infrastructure that Azure is running on. Or XBox Game Pass infrastructure for distribution. Or Microsofts machine learning platforms, that took decades of man-hours to develop. 

If a pro customer requires accurate terrain, there are companies who provide just that. These customers rarely have the requirement for global high fidelity. Check out Quantum 3D, Presagis, XVR and the likes.

Edit: Point being, that the kind of visual fidelity that MSFS offers has always been available, it was just a matter of how much you were willing to pay. MSFS does not reinvent the wheel on the pro/training market. Still, Lockheed found a niche for P3D in its current form anyway. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 3

LORBY-SI

22 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

The big winners on the new FS2020 is Aircraft and Airport developers.

Winners??? You mean survivors

Lukas Dalton