Sign in to follow this  
ajcbakker

Weather icons and metar issues

Hi Alex,

I am running LNM 2.4.4 in a networked environment and connected with Prepar3d v4.5 hotfix 2. Everything works great except the weather icons on the map and the METAR's in the "Airport" tab of the "Information" panel. When I select "Flight Simulator" in the "Airport Weather Source" menu no icons appear on the map and no METAR's from Prepar3d appear in the "Information" panel. When I select "NOAA" or "VATSIM" they appear immediately on the map. METAR's from "NOAA" and "VATSIM" always appear in the "Information" panel. For a correct understanding of this issue: the "Prepar3d" computer is connected via littlenavconnect with the "LNM" computer and also WideFS (WideServer on the "Prepar3d" computer and WideClient on the "LNM" computer) is running. This is specially strange because a few weeks ago it worked fine. That was after the first start of LNM 2.4.4. When I started LNM for a second time it did not worked anymore. Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Hi Alje,

that is a known problem. Bulk access to weather data like needed for the icons across SimConnect is very slow and causes stutters in LNM. And it's even worse for networked connections.

You can try to play with the update rates in the simulator connection. Lower or higher values might make a difference.

For I have no idea how to fix this.☹️

Alex

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your fast reply. Good to hear it is a known problem and not a problem with my installation.

I will try to play something with the update rates in the simulator connection as you suggested. I'll see if we can make some progress with this issue.

Again, many thanks and kind regards,

Alje Bakker