Sign in to follow this  
purt

FS2020 demo

Back in the day when FSX was launched MS released a demo version so that potential buyers could check if FSX would run on their PC,looks to me that FS2020 is going to need a lot of processing power and bandwidth to achieve the results that we are seeing on the videos that MS have released so far. That being the case I hope a demo version is made available so that we can try before we buy !!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Even better than a demo, a trial as Lockheed-Martin does for P3D. One month to try, money refunded if not satisfied. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You can test it during the alpha and later on the beta.

43 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

but only the few choosen one!

• Like 1

Buy game pass, it will allow you to try the sim for a few bucks...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pitbull2504 said:

I wouldn't consider that to be a representative test, mostly because optimization is done after those builds (for the most part). Apart from that, certain features might not be working or be incomplete.

• Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I wouldn't expect them to do one, but I'm of the opinion that a good, representative benchmark would be valuable for the brand. 

Right now very few reviewers include simulators in their benchmark suite because they are generally a real pain in the beep to do, and a good multi-threaded CPU heavy benchmark could be a valuable testing tool, and end up exposing people who wouldn't normally see MSFS 2020 to the game otherwise. 

As others already said, paying the Game pass for few dollars will be the way to go to try it out

Edited by france89
  • Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

As has been stated, most likely no demo will be offered other than an Xbox membership. If I was you I would wait and see what shakes out. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

One possibility is that the entire base game could be free of charge, with a $10 a month subscription for the online scenery streaming. This would make a lot of sense from a business standpoint; it would bring in a lot of users who might not otherwise try the simulator, and if you play for 2 years they would get $240 from you instead of $60. 

But that is pure speculation, no indication it will be the case.

Edited by Ikaro

17 hours ago, bonchie said:

Almost no one releases demos anymore.

X-Plane is the competition, and they still do.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

X-Plane is the competition, and they still do.

X-Plane is as niche as it gets in gaming. MS is a major game studio and will be more apt to follow industry trends. I wouldn't expect a demo.

Edited by bonchie