Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Free or upgrade cost to the MSFS2020.

Hi!

I've been noticing that some developers are offering a fee or even free to those who buy P3d V4 addons now and will have access to the MSFS2020 version.

The idea here is to list these developers to help you decide to buy p3d v4 addons without losing money when launching MSFS 2020.

Below are some:

FsimStudios - Edmonton International Airport (IATA: YEG, ICAO: CYEG) for P3D v4 at FsimStudios Store

THIS ORDER QUALIFIES FOR A FREE UPGRADE TO THE MFS2020*

*(once it is released. Will be activated using the same order information)

PMDG 737 NGXu for P3D v4 at PMDG store

Buy the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D v4 today and automatically qualify to receive a $99.99 discount off the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator * when it releases next year!

Eaglesoft Flight Simulation - Citation X Generation Four for P3D v4 (when available) at Eaglesoft Store

From Eaglesoft Facebook page:

Eaglesoft Flight Simulation Generation Four Catalog represents LM P3DV4 and MS FS2020 as the go to 64 Bit Platforms path for us from here forward.

If I am not wrong if we buy Citation X v4 from Eaglesoft We will get a MSFS2020 version for free.

Regards,

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

6 hours ago, JLuis said:

The idea here is to list these developers to help you decide to buy p3d v4 addons without losing money when launching MSFS 2020.

Sounds good BUT there's no guarantee they will even release FS2020 version. 

Personally I'm not spending a cent on any P3D products, those days are over.

• Like 2

Matthew S

I would not be surprised if PMDG visited Asobo and actually had one or more of their aircraft flying in MSFS so I may be inclined to believe them (all speculation of course!).  For an airport, how do they know this will simply port directly into MSFS??  The scenery engine is completely different and I can see many issues with trying to port an airport made for P3D directly into MSFS.  There will be sloping runways so how will the developer handle that?  Will it blend into the default scenery provided with MSFS??  Is the airport going to stand out like a sore thumb and not match the surrounding scenery?  We don't even know if there will be seasons and this airport has seasons...how will that work??  The MSFS night lighting as all brand new as well so how is that all going to easily port and blend in?  Well, maybe they visited Asobo as well and were able to port it and saw that it was easy and worked great..  That might be the case (I doubt it) but I think many devs will be jumping aboard the bandwagon of promising their products in MSFS to get current sales without knowing for sure how well that is going to work or if the product is even needed.  Maybe Edmonton will look fantastic in MSFS and you won't need an addon.  Once they all have access to the SDK it might be more believable....

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I am working off the assumption that nothing from FSX / P3D will work in MSFS without a lot of re-work or almost complete re-build. (Just a hunch).
I am not buying anything now for P3D on the basis of what you *may* get (possibly, hopefully, fingers-crossed) in MSFS - I'm only buying what I want to see in my P3D now.

That way, I cannot be disappointed if the supposed MSFS upgrade does not happen due to technical issues, pricing issues or worst case scenario, the developer goes bust.

It would be great if there's a simple / free upgrade path, but without more clarity from third party developers on how easy they're finding it to migrate existing / create new content, I'm ignoring the sales pitches from them.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

A nice gesture to customers. But not sure that it will sway me to buy.

Airports : we don’t know yet the level of accuracy (or lack thereof) of the default airports.

Bizjets : we know that a FS20 will probably have a Lear which will be enough for me if at near study level quality (if that does mean anything).

737 : more interesting as we know that there won’t be a default 737. But the 747 will be enough for me if made at near study level quality.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Personally I think PMDG and Microsoft/Asobo have an agreement where the NG3 737 for MSFS2020 Is exclusive and Asobo won’t make one for the exclusivity. Just my personal take on it..

Dont buy such things. There is no gurantee this addons will even be released for FS2020

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

I agree with DaWu, if you want the addon for P3D knowing it will be a minimum of a year before the addon is available for 2020 then sure buy it but if you are doing so just to lock in an addon for the new sim that is not a good decision and you should wait.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

Personally I think PMDG and Microsoft/Asobo have an agreement where the NG3 737 for MSFS2020 Is exclusive and Asobo won’t make one for the exclusivity. Just my personal take on it..

Legally very slippery. Market sharing agreement is not exactly something you want to sign when you are a corporate giant  always under the watchful eyes of regulators.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, domkle said:

737 : more interesting as we know that there won’t be a default 737. But the 747 will be enough for me if made at near study level quality.

Wait, when was this confirmed?

3 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I doubt that very much because I remember an FSelite interview where Neumann (I think that's who it was) said he was surprised at the news and that it's their plane and up to them what they do with it.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

Wait, when was this confirmed?

Never and nowhere, just an educated guess ! They've showed us a 747 and a 320 which are already plenty of work and never have said anything about a 737.  You're right we don't "know " anything :wink:.

Dominique

13 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I would not be surprised if PMDG visited Asobo and actually had one or more of their aircraft flying in MSFS

Difficult to imagine as the SDK has apparently not yet been released. It has only been fairly recently that PMDG have expressed an interest in the sim and announced that they would be developing for it. They had previously been quite dismissive about it.

Also, there's a good chance that many of the devs who are offering a free add-on upgrade to the new sim may just make it as a simple port across. Personally, I'd much rather save my money and spend it on something which was definitely created specifically for the new sim and makes the most of all of the new features.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

9 hours ago, domkle said:

Bizjets : we know that a FS20 will probably have a Lear which will be enough for me if at near study level quality (if that does mean anything).

Not a Lear, that's been done to death already. We know that a Citation CJ4 will be included though... :gaul:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, n4gix said:

Not a Lear, that's been done to death already. We know that a Citation CJ4 will be included though... :gaul:

My bad, a Citation indeed.

Dominique

22 hours ago, F737NG said:

I am working off the assumption that nothing from FSX / P3D will work in MSFS without a lot of re-work or almost complete re-build. (Just a hunch).

Maybe 3rd party devs sayin something about prices and how easy it will be to port over their products, once the SDK by MSFS2020 will be released next month.

Edited by 188AHC
Removed long quote