Sign in to follow this  
Guest mstoolsmith

eye point controls not working in FSX

Guest atc161

Has anyone been able to move the eye point level using the shift+enter or shift+backspace in the sim as the help files explains. I cannot get it to be programmed in my CH flight yoke either even though it says it can be done. Any help would be appreciated. I have the retail version of FSXCheers Nels

Nels,I have not tried programming them to a button but shift+backspace and shift+enter work just fine while in the VC. The 737 needs the eye raised one or two notches when on final and the keystrokes above work as advertised. If I misunderstood your question, please disregard ;)DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 512MB ATI Radeon X1900XTX (Catalyst 6.8) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest atc161

Thanks Doug, I have not tried it in the VC only the 2D panel and it doesn't work there. I will try the VC and see what happens. ThanksNels

Guest atc161

Doug, I tried the 737 VC and it does work so I guess there is a bug with the 2D cockpits as it did work for them in FS9 and I think it should be the same for FSX. Maybe the first bug. Any beta testers care to comment if this is correct??Thanks Nels

Guest soft_tail

in 2D panel the commands have changed tryctrl+Q for lowerctrl+shift+Q for higherJohn

Guest atc161

Hi John, thanks but that still does not solve the problem although it does work but rather slowly. The shift+enter or shift+backspace is the proper control but as stated above it appears to only work in the VC not the 2D panel. Anyone else got an answer to this or is it indeed a bug??Cheers Nels

Guest Calb

It is definitely NOT a bug. It's a change from we've all grown used to up to now. You simply have to adapt. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, go into the assignments window and change it to your liking but be aware it will affect other things.Why did they change it? Camera views is the culprit.CalCYXX

Guest atc161

Ok Cal I can accept some things have changed. But when you go into the help menu which microsoft themselves have written and the default value of Shift+enter and shift+backspace is clearly indicated you can only use this in the VC. It does not work in the 2D cockpit and they make no reference to what cockpit. If its not a bug then can you explain how to raise and lower your eye point level in a 2D cockpit. Maybe I'm missing something??Cheers NelsCYTR

>Ok Cal I can accept some things have changed. But when you go>into the help menu which microsoft themselves have written and>the default value of Shift+enter and shift+backspace is>clearly indicated you can only use this in the VC. It does not>work in the 2D cockpit and they make no reference to what>cockpit. If its not a bug then can you explain how to raise>and lower your eye point level in a 2D cockpit. Maybe I'm>missing something??Apparently so. As stated previously, use:ctrl+Q for lowerctrl+shift+Q for higherYou must wait about 2 seconds for movement to begin though.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest atc161

Hi Bill, the controls you say do work and I have programmed them. They are more of a pan which it looks like FSX is using alot of. To me the pan movement is too slow. Any way of speeding it up??Cheers Nels

Guest tdragger

While the keys are new they function about the same as FS2004. In truth we never "raised" or "lowered" the seat in 2D--only changed the view angle. FSX works the same way in 2D.

Guest atc161

Ok but can you tell me how to make it work because I have followed the help file that says you can do it but it doesn't work in 2D. If I go to the VC the shift+enter works fine but not in 2D. Is it supposed to be the same and if not what is the answer? I have tried using the keyboard and also programming a CH flight sim yoke and on my system it just doesn't work. I have also tried using the Ctrl+q combination and that no longer works although I don't beleive that is the same as the shift+enter combiation. Any help would be appreciated.Cheers Nels

Guest atc161

For TDragger, I have just tried the following experiment. I am sitting on the runway in the default B737 in the 2D cockpit. I have programmed the eye up and eye down to be mapped to the Ctrl+q and Ctrl+shift+q keys and also the flight sim yoke. While sitting on the runway the up/down movement does occur but very very slowly.Once airborne this does not function at all. Second situation. Now in the virtual cockpit of B737. Sitting on the runway the up/down movement happens very fast and instantly(the way it should I beleive) Once airborne it still functions the same way it did on the ground. Can you explain why this is not happening in the 2D cockpit. Can you also try this yourself to see if what I am stating is fact. Thanks for you help.Cheers Nels

Guest atc161

I guess by the lack of suggestions for a fix there is no solution for this so it's back to FS9, at least it works there:-) Cheers Nels

Guest mstoolsmith

I too am having a problem with the eyepoint. I changed the key assignments to the 9 and 10 rocker switch on the Flight Sim Yoke.The 9 switch works OK but the 10 switch shows a look back rear view instead of lowering the eye point. Tried to change it several timesNo Luck. Seems like a bug to me.