Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

77 years ago today..........

I know this has nothing to do with anything. I guess I've had a bit too much Jack Daniels but I decided to post it anyway. It will probably be
deleted by the Mods but it's just something I feel I have to do. I never knew my father. He died the month before I was born. He died on this day
77 years ago. He was grunt in the 2nd Marines. And he never returned from Guadalcanal. I saw a WWII vet in the grocery store today. He was 92 years
old and still looking good. I shook his hand and thanked him for being there for us during those terrible years. I'd ask all of you that whenever
you see someone who was in the service of their country all those many years ago to just take a moment to thank them..........Doug

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

God bless him and thanks for his service. My father fought on Guam, Wake, and Okinawa. I personally respect all veterans regardless of which side or war they served in. They served with honor and did as ordered. Hooorah. 

• Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

And may God be with him also.  And I agree, the common soldier should be remembered regardless of country. They all gave their best.....

• Upvote 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Funnily enough I've recently been watching the Netflix documentary on Vietnam War.  I never really knew how much of a disaster it really was.  It's well worth watching.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I, probably luckily, missed Vietnam. I enlisted in the Marines right out of high school in 1960 and was back home before the real buildup of the war started. I think I've seen every documentary available about that war. Many of my life-long friends and buddies fought there. And a couple died there. The best documentary I've seen is Vietnam War With Walter Cronkite. If you haven't seen it you may want to look it up as it's outstanding............Doug

• Upvote 2

Recently I watched few Korean war movies that are very touching....

Edited by FlylowNslow

I do share your feelings all the more than 13 of our soldiers died two days ago fighting terrorist bands in Mali, in an helicopter accident in the night. I didn’t know any of them but we mourn them all the same.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam