Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

Fsdreamteam - ALL Products 40% off!

From Nov. 25th, until Dec. 8th 2019, all FSDT products are on Sale at 40% off:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/

Nothing special to do to activate it, no Coupons required, the prices are already inclusive of the discount.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 5

Wow, awesome sale. I'll have to pick up the new O'Hare, since I already own everything else.

• Like 2

NAX669.png

Louisville vs Memphis?  Opinions

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

flytampa is much newer and more detailed.  But known to be a little hard on the system.  I love it however. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm iffy on the new KORD. I downloaded the demo but the parking spots seem all off. My NGXu spawns in at some gates sticking through fences, too far away from jetways or sometimes the scenery just seems "odd". For instance, I spawned it at one gate, and there was what looked to be a wall/divider directly behind my jet. It was obviously part of the scenery since it was modeled well and textured, but it was just strangely placed. 

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling but to no avail. Also, outside of some other airports, KORD V2 was the only scenery I had (no orbs global, no mesh, no land class, etc..).

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Tempted to get KORD however I can get the DD version at the same price which will include KMDW as well (once they have the 50% Black Friday sale)...

Any suggestions?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

15 hours ago, Arklight1 said:

I'm iffy on the new KORD. I downloaded the demo but the parking spots seem all off. My NGXu spawns in at some gates sticking through fences, too far away from jetways or sometimes the scenery just seems "odd".

That's because you are probably using the standard Go To airport menu to position.

The default system is very limited, because it always places the center of the airplane in the center of the parking (as defined in the AFCAD), which is of course not realistic, since it doesn't know anything about the position of the jetwyay, the existance of visual docking system, the difference between different airplane and the fact that some of them might use the 2nd front door by preference. 

So, the AFCAD positions, which is what you'll get when using the default Go To airport command, won't work very well for your own airplane, because they have been optimized for AI ONLY, and even there it's not possible to do it perfectly all the time, because there are vast difference depending on which AI models are used. We use UT Live as a reference.

Since GSX L2 is required (and FREE to use there), we assumed users would understand that ( perhaps we should made it clearer in the manual), and would use the GSX "Warp Me there" command to place the airplane, instead of the default Go To Airport.

The "Warp me there" menu in GSX, of course knows all the extra information which is just not there in the AFCAD, which is the separate "Stop Position", which especially at KORD, as been carefully set up to have different airplane models being placed PRECISELY on their stop positions on ground, because we obviously made the custom stop position markings on ground to accommodate GSX, so that placement will always result in the airplane being placed in a predictable position, with its *Preferred Exit* ( which is a concept unknown to the simulator ) lined up were we KNOW the jetway ( also made with GSX ), will surely work from there.

And, the same Stop position is what GSX expects to consider it a good parking, and regardless if a Visual Docking System or a Marshaller is used, they will always guide the airplane in THAT same position, the same used by the "Warp Me there", so everything will work perfectly as a coherent whole.

In combination with the "Warp Me there", the recently added "Reposition" command in GSX, solves an early critique some users made to GSX after confronted with our explanation why you should always use the "Warp Me there" menu instead of the default Go To. The issues was that, in earlier versions, you have to first use the default Go To airport menu to go to a Runway first (because the Warp me there wasn't available in GSX when parked), and then call GSX to go to your final parking.

This is no longer required, since you can use the Go To Airport menu to start a flight and go directly to your intended parking, then you can use the "Reposition Airplane" from the GSX menu using the "Reposition here at current gate" option, which will just FIX the positioning AS IF you used the "Warp Me there" to get there in the first place.

I'm sure that, when you'll use this method to position the airplane, you'll notice KORD V2 has the most accurately placed starting positions ever seen in an airport scenery,.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

Tempted to get KORD however I can get the DD version at the same price which will include KMDW as well (once they have the 50% Black Friday sale)...

Any suggestions?

I have all the FSDT airports and quite a few DD airports and although the DD airports are very good, I think that overall the FSDT airports look a little better In terms of detail and textures and they also have the added functionality which GSX brings to the scene. I will however admit that I don’t have DD’s KORD so I cannot compare it with the FSDT version. I do however have both versions of KJFK but the FSDT version, as the better product IMO, is the one which remains active on my system. 

There is no doubt that the FSDT airports are really great bargains at the sale prices - it’s just a shame I have them all already!

Bill

• Like 1

8 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's because you are probably using the standard Go To airport menu to position.

The default system is very limited, because it always places the center of the airplane in the center of the parking (as defined in the AFCAD), which is of course not realistic, since it doesn't know anything about the position of the jetwyay, the existance of visual docking system, the difference between different airplane and the fact that some of them might use the 2nd front door by preference. 

So, the AFCAD positions, which is what you'll get when using the default Go To airport command, won't work very well for your own airplane, because they have been optimized for AI ONLY, and even there it's not possible to do it perfectly all the time, because there are vast difference depending on which AI models are used. We use UT Live as a reference.

Since GSX L2 is required (and FREE to use there), we assumed users would understand that ( perhaps we should made it clearer in the manual), and would use the GSX "Warp Me there" command to place the airplane, instead of the default Go To Airport.

The "Warp me there" menu in GSX, of course knows all the extra information which is just not there in the AFCAD, which is the separate "Stop Position", which especially at KORD, as been carefully set up to have different airplane models being placed PRECISELY on their stop positions on ground, because we obviously made the custom stop position markings on ground to accommodate GSX, so that placement will always result in the airplane being placed in a predictable position, with its *Preferred Exit* ( which is a concept unknown to the simulator ) lined up were we KNOW the jetway ( also made with GSX ), will surely work from there.

And, the same Stop position is what GSX expects to consider it a good parking, and regardless if a Visual Docking System or a Marshaller is used, they will always guide the airplane in THAT same position, the same used by the "Warp Me there", so everything will work perfectly as a coherent whole.

In combination with the "Warp Me there", the recently added "Reposition" command in GSX, solves an early critique some users made to GSX after confronted with our explanation why you should always use the "Warp Me there" menu instead of the default Go To. The issues was that, in earlier versions, you have to first use the default Go To airport menu to go to a Runway first (because the Warp me there wasn't available in GSX when parked), and then call GSX to go to your final parking.

This is no longer required, since you can use the Go To Airport menu to start a flight and go directly to your intended parking, then you can use the "Reposition Airplane" from the GSX menu using the "Reposition here at current gate" option, which will just FIX the positioning AS IF you used the "Warp Me there" to get there in the first place.

I'm sure that, when you'll use this method to position the airplane, you'll notice KORD V2 has the most accurately placed starting positions ever seen in an airport scenery,.

Thx for the detailed response, Virtuali! I will go in and check it out. I have been using the in-game goto command but I could've swore used the reposition command in the GSX menu. I'll take a look 🙂

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3