Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Pharoah

FSX Really Is a Great Sim

After the long wait I went down and purchased a copy of the deluxe version yesterday at one of the only local Best Buy's that had the sim on the shelves (three others in the local area stuck with the original sell date).Call me a very very bad bad person:)FSX really is a wonderful sim noting the following improvements.- Smoothness is incredible. The microstutters appear to be gone, along with scenery transition stutter, and the sim just plain flies smoothly.- There is something about the sim that is simly awe inspiring when flying at altitude from the smooth sky to horizon transition to again the lack of microstutters and scenery transition pauses.- The VC's are amazing! Where I enjoyed a few of the payware aircraft in 2004, I found myself liking the improvements more in FSX flying the default aircraft than using payware in 2004. - Real weather is nicely improved. I have yet to be able to exlain it but it appears to be more refined.I will leave the comments at this for now. My hat is off to the FSX developement team: great job!Cheers, Sawacs

Shouldn't you ACES guys identify yourselves? :) j/k. I love the sim also!

Guest 777Driver

Would you mind specifying your computer specification's?

Xp 2700 W 1GB Corsair LL Memory.Creative XFI Sound..Nothing really spectacular to note..Do not run bloom or autogen period.Also remember some people build their own systems which gives them great flex over what mobo and memory they get etc.I build my own computers and would never ever purchase a computer system from a third party manufacturer etc...(this is my personal opinion and others may differ greatly from my opinion and serve them well.)Sawacs

Thanks much for the feedback, Sawacs. I especially appreciate the water at the highest setting; true it is a frame-eater, but so lovely it is.Enjoy your new sim :)

Guest odog

I get more impressed with it every day. THE single biggest step forward in years.2 thumbs WAY up!:-beerchug HPe6400 2.13 v//vBFG 7600GToc ddr34 gigs pc4200 10602 150gb 7200rpm RAID0

Hi Dutton,I had the same spec as you (although recently upgraded to AMD 4800x2), on your gallery at fsblogger it looks like you have ai running, what %? what models - aardvark, evai etc? Any noticeable drop in smoothness, frames with ai? Are the models showing ok at night? Sorry for the questions but I think ai can turn a dull airport into a 'real' airport....cheersMike

Yes, I expect it does.Just wait a while till you have loaded several add-ons to it and then come back with the same story eh? LOLEDIT: Delete 'FS9' strip away all the add-ons. Load FS9's basic program and you will see the same result.What's new?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest The_Pharoah

awww man...I don't get my copy until the 26th of Oct (Bris, Aust) :( Can someone please post screenshots? I am soooo eagerly awaiting this new version.