Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

New interview with Jörg Neumann

Well I hope they at least prioritize SEASONs over the hibernation cycle of bears in winter months....!

Chris Camp

22 hours ago, Greazer said:

So it sounds like even the Rodents will one day be in the flight simulator. Who's laughing now? It's happening. Watch out on takeoff for little rodents.

This over SEASONs me thinks the Devs are losing their minds!!!!!

Maybe having a Biologist develop a flight sim is not such a great idea?

Can we at least get a geologist/ meteorologist involved here people!!!!’

Chris Camp

Why does a medical team actually support the development of MSFS? can this be related to the sense of balance?

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Well I hope they at least prioritize SEASONs over the hibernation cycle of bears in winter months....!

It will be good to know the world is alive and you could spot some random animals in the wild. What is Laminar doing? They couldn't care less about the environment. Not even clouds. They're more interested in improving "GloMo" cell phone version with 40,000 airports that people will never use.

• Like 1

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, of what they probably mean by "platform".  It's highly likely they just mean it'll be a platform for ongoing development and addition by both themselves, and third parties over the next several years - add-ons, planes, features, etc  

It's highly unlikely they mean "platform" in the sense that it's going to eventually become this crazy interconnected planetary simulator.  Azure is powerful, but I couldn't even imagine the kind of power that would be necessary to do something like that.  Nor will this platform resolve the detail necessary for things taking place on the ground.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, siggy said:

I like my flights on (Northern Hemisphere) "Christmas Eve" over a snow-covered landscape.

One can tell that you are not from Europe. Becauce if you were, you'd know that white Christmas is not a thing in Europe. The beginning of December is cold and then around the mid of the month it gets warmer again and stays that way until the very end of December. Then the cold comes in around new years eve.

The last time we had snow on Christmas where I am was in 2010.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, Shug said:

What defines a city?

The official definition of a city:

a) has a population over 100.000 (there are 4000 worldwide that fall under that category)

or 

b) has a cathedral regardless of population

13 hours ago, Farlis said:

One can tell that you are not from Europe.

Haha, I am, look at the Pretzel in my photo. But you are right, a white Christmas is a rare thing, especially these days, but at least in the simulator you can (or could) make your dreams come true :-).

Siggy Schwarz

On 11/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, Alan_A said:

IIRC, earlier FS versions were released in early Fall - sometimes September, sometimes October.  The post 9/11 delay for FS2002 got a lot of attention - but didn't actually last very long.

There's no reason why the current developers will stick to that timeline, though.  Clearly they respect history, but I doubt they'd either hold or delay a release just to respect tradition.  I'm guessing we'll see it when it's decently baked.

I'm starting to think that another reason for a mid-year release is that it will give MSFS time to work out bugs before the new xbox comes out for the holidays.  They did mention how it will be PC first and then for xbox, so unless they're going to delay the release of the sim until after xbox is released, a mid-year release makes sense.  This is going to be a flagship game in their portfolio, and xbox is going to be their next leap forward, so it just stands to reason that FS will be available for those users.  I hope I'm right.  A mid-year release would be awesome.  Summer flying, storms, long days, beautiful sunsets, I can't wait.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Farlis said:

One can tell that you are not from Europe. Becauce if you were, you'd know that white Christmas is not a thing in Europe.

Nor in the US.  Major snowfalls typically happen in January and February (and sometimes March).

A white Christmas is more aspirational (and nostalgic) than real.  Bit of trivia - the Irving Berlin song made its debut in the film HOLIDAY INN in 1942.  It was a runaway hit with homesick US servicemen and women in the Pacific.  It was about something they longed for, not something they were experiencing ("dreaming of a white Christmas...") Sort of like us in the first release of MSFS, before the seasons come along...😎