Sign in to follow this  
nisx

CRJ Professional Released

From what I can tell from the information released about this CRJ Professional....P3d v4.5 is required....in other words, it will not function properly if you are running P3d v4.4.....or am I missing something here?

For $80 I think I'll pass.  The cost of some of these payware planes is getting absurd.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 hours ago, p3dnerd said:

From what I can tell from the information released about this CRJ Professional....P3d v4.5 is required....in other words, it will not function properly if you are running P3d v4.4.....or am I missing something here?

I don't think that this is open to interpretation.

System requirements:
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.5 

I would agree that it is not cheap.

Perhaps they picked the mid point between 700 and 900, it's been done before.

There's a discount for those who already own the first version. I installed it an did a short flight this morning, I think they've done a great job with it. I'm usually critical of aerosoft, but I have to hand it to them on this one. 

33 minutes ago, Reader said:

I don't think that this is open to interpretation.

I disagree. Since testing and verification is primarily conducted on the latest available sim release, it's quite typical to state that is a requirement, even if it would work fine on an older one.

I'm curious about P3D V4.4 operation myself. 

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

32 minutes ago, nisx said:

There's a discount for those who already own the first version. I installed it an did a short flight this morning, I think they've done a great job with it. I'm usually critical of aerosoft, but I have to hand it to them on this one. 

How's the performance compared to the first release (particularly stuttering)?

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

47 minutes ago, nisx said:

Just bought, agree.

• Like 1

Good upgrade price... Solid delivery! Way better than version 1. Oh ya, I like.

• Like 1

Bill Moore

While being able to install it in v4.4, could not get it to load. Switching the OH battery switch on, nothing powers up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

While being able to install it in v4.4, could not get it to load. Switching the OH battery switch on, nothing powers up.

Well that clears up that! Thanks.

If it was not written, I would not have believed it.

Now everyone who reads this can too.

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

How's the performance compared to the first release (particularly stuttering)?

No stuttering for me. I was getting high 20s to low 30s on the ground, 35+ in the air. The only issue I found so far is a sequencing problem with the FMC. When I input the next desired waypoint, it goes, for some reason, to the point after the one I selected. I think there's a disparity between the legs page and the direct-to functionality. I think I had this issue with the prior version when it was released as well. 

Quick update: had a CTD while on descent. Here were my conditions:

- Active Sky

- Rex Skyforce

- Rex Environment Force

- Vpilot (vatsim)

- Chaseplane

* CTD occurred while zooming in on a STAR on the EFB *