Sign in to follow this  
kosn4smw

Odd Repaint Problem with Carenado B120

Hey guys . I am writing you regarding a weird problem i faced during the repainting process of Carenado's Embraer 120 Brasilia . Now i am relatively new into making repaints . And i never had a problem like this for the previous carenado planes like the ATR 42 for example which i could easily see my repaints only with 2 DDS files . But for some reason for the B120 i had to put more DDS files in the texture folder and i still face this issue . So i am sending you a photo of the problem below . I hope you can help me . Have a great day guys :) 

Here is the link to the photo https://imgur.com/a/swjYNSj

I haven't got that aircraft but I'm assuming there is a plain white paint in the collection. If so, how many .dds files are there in that folder?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

@Ron Attwood Thank you for your reply . There are 6 files in that folder with the white paint . In the folder where i created my textures i originally had only 2 DDS files ( keep in mind that was working with other airplanes from the same addon developer . Carenado )  But for this i added more DDS files so that i also have 6 DDS files in my texture folder :) 

I just now looked up the real aircraft. It's white and red bits yes? From your screen shot it's hard to get an idea of what's wrong apart from yours being brown and red? You'll have to provide a bit more in the way of pictures.

At this point I'll duck out, but I'll keep a lookout. Maybe someone else can spot your problem.

EDIT: Had a look at Carenado's website and the B120 is a 'full PBR textures' aircraft. PBR is something I've only looked at from a distance and it looked pretty daunting to me. I suspect that is the problem.

@Ron Attwood Hey Ron . Thank you for Replying again . That's very kind of you :) . The thing is that  my previous carenado repaints were NON PBR and had no problem at all .In the photo i provided if you take a closer look at the fuselage you will be able to see that from the middle of the plane and up there is a weird gray paint as if Half the textures of the plane failed to load 😞 

51 minutes ago, kosn4smw said:

The thing is that  my previous carenado repaints were NON PBR

When you say 'Carenado' do you mean the B120 or different Carenados?

If you mean the A42 that's PBR as well. So look at what you did for that one and do the same for the B120. Over and out.

Hi guys,

Must begin saying these days I do not make paints for P3D etc. ( its XP for now)
I do not have P3D installed nor the model so its difficult for me to help.
BUT
We have three * sorts of  texturefiles in our model e.g.  diffuse , bump and spec files.
These are basicly the same kinda files we have for many years, 
PBR is  giving  same the kinda (type)  files.
The graphic engine in our sim has been changed and they way we make the texturefiles is different due to PBR.
The file-types did not change

I have the feeling you are mixing different files from different liveries, in other words deiffuse , spec and bumps from different liveries get mixed.
When you make a copy of  the ( complete )white plane and start making your livery from there , I do not expect any problems.
First make your diffuse textures representing your livery and then compose your specular file.
Then its not possible to end op with a grey plane showing red spots.
When you do not paint any red in your work on the white files, there will be no red in your result.

Maybe ist pure nonsens what I am saying here, nevertheless I think there is some logic in it.
If not , I am sorry.

Cheers

Leen de Jager

ps

* I forgot to mention the LIT files

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

As I was rising from a deep sleep this morning, a thought arrived. Is there a texture.cfg in the B120 paint folder?

Leen, since when did logic play a part in anything to do with flight simming? :biggrin:

Yes Ron, the  CFG is essential to use the right files.
I forgot about the CRF as in X-Plane we have no texture.CRF file like the one in P3D

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

UPDATE :  It seems like remaking the textures to a PBR solved the problem . Just i don't get it why some repaints i made work perfectly while being NON PBR . I am so confused with these things . You probably already mentioned it but i didn't understood it correctly @Leen3131cs What's the difference between PBR and NON PBR files . And why some of them work on some specific planes and others don't ?? 

The filetypes are the same , the way they are made is different.
An airplane wich is not capable of handling PBR cannot be made PBR by making a livery with PBR files 

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints